become an editor
the entire directory
only in History_of_Philosophy/Ancient
History of Philosophy
Arts: Classical Studies
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Church History: Early Christian Writings
This category in other languages:
Ancient Roman philosophy: Discourses by Epictetus
- A selection from the Discourses of Epictetus, ancient Roman philosopher who was born 60 AD, on surrender and the will of God.
Ancient Rome - Philosophy
- Overview of ancient Roman philosophy by Richard Hooker.
Classical Political Philosophy
- Essays on Greek and Roman political thinkers and experiences.
EAWC Anthology: Ennead I.6 , On Beauty
- Ancient World Cultures series provided by the University of Evansville.
EAWC: Exploring Ancient World Cultures
- A series of on-line course supplements for students and teachers of the ancient and medieval worlds provided by the University of Evansville.
The Glory That Was Greece
- Athenian philosophers by Leigh Denault.
- The Origin of Philosophy: The Attributes of Mythic/Mythopoeic Thought - How was Greek philosophy different from what came before? Or was it different?
- Brief article outlining the history of Greek philosophy. From the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
History of Ancient Philosophy
- Lecture notes to S. Marc Cohen's course at the University of Washington.
Individual and Conflict in Greek Ethics
- Paula Gottlieb reviews Nicholas White's book. From Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews.
- Essay on the pre-Socratics by C.D.C. Reeve of Reed College
Nicene and Postnicene Fathers
- Essay by Philip Schaff.
Oxford Studies in Ancient Philosophy: Volume XX
- John E. Sisko reviews this collection of essays edited by David Sedley. From Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews.
- Scholarly journal for the study of ancient Greek and Roman thought, available in print and digital formats. Offers information about subscribing and reproductions of select articles featured in the publication.
- Database containing all the philosophical arguments of the works of Plato and Aristotle represented according to a method which makes explicit their logical interconnections.
Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy - Alcmaeon of Croton
- Life and work of early Greek medical writer and philosopher-scientist, by Carl Huffman.
Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy - Archytas
- Life and work of fourth century BC Greek mathematician, political leader and philosopher, by Carl Huffman.
Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy - Episteme and Techne
- Discussion of the distinction between knowledge and craft, or art in ancient philosophy; by Richard Parry.
Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy - Plotinus
- Life and work of this founder of Neoplatonism; by Lloyd Gerson from the Stanford Encyclopedia.
WCP: Ancient Philosophy
- The Paideia Project: Proceedings of the 20th World Congress of Philosophy. Archive of contributed papers in Ancient Philosophy.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: April 3, 2014 at 9:24:13 UTC -