become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ethics/Normative
Animal Rights or Liberation
Society: Philosophy: Ethics: Metaethics: Ethical Relativism
This category in other languages:
After MacIntyre: In Search of a New American Morality
- A look into the current state and possible future of American ethics.
Compatibilism, Incompatibilism, and the Smart Aleck
- Ted Honderich on how freedom and determinism are really related, with special attention to Richard Double's views.
- The view that normative properties depend only on consequences; from the Stanford Encyclopedia by Walter Sinnott-Armstrong.
Consequentialism, Moralities of Concern, and Selfishness
- Ted Honderich on only consequences making actions right (consequentialism), and the selfishness of agent-relative moralities (non-consequentialisms).
Equality and Egalitarianism - What It is Not, Fortunately
- Ted Honderich on the misunderstandings and deceptions surrounding egalitarianism.
Equality and Egalitarianism - What It Really Comes To
- Ted Honderich's political philosophy on the true basis of the tradition of egalitarianism - The Principle of Equality.
The Free Rider Problem - Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Examination of the problem and the logic of collective action. Entry by Russell Hardin.
The Generalized Structure of Ethical Dilemmas
- Long essay with many examples. By Kelley L. Ross.
The Golden Rule: Objections
- Summarises some objections to the Golden Rule.
Knowledge, Truth, and Duty: Essays on Epistemic Justification, Responsibility, and Virtue - Reviewed by
- Thomas D. Senor reviews this collection of essays edited by Matthias Steup. From Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews.
Living High and Letting Die, by Peter Unger
- A radical "liberationist" account of ethics that argues that our ordinary intuitions about the moral status of charitable giving (and refraining from charitable giving), are radically wrong. An online book (with two chapters omitted).
Moral Reality - Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews
- Peter Simpson reviews this work by Paul Bloomfield.
Moral Relativism, Moral Diversity, and Human Relations
- Louis P. Pojman reviews this book by James Kellenberger. From Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews.
Morals from Motives - Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews
- N. Athanassoulis reviews this book by Michael Slote.
Principles of Normative Ethics
- Overview of normative ethical principles and theories.
Punishment - Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy
- Discusses philosophical justifications of punishment. Article by Hugo Adam Bedau.
Real Ethics: Reconsidering the Foundations of Morality
- Lawrence C. Becker reviews this book by John M. Rist. From Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews.
The Structure of Values and Norms
- John Horty reviews this book by Sven Ove Hansson. From Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews.
Value, Respect, and Attachment
- Edward Harcourt reviews Joseph Raz's book. From Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 6, 2016 at 4:15:06 UTC -