become an editor
the entire directory
only in Philosophy/Epistemology
Open Directory - Society: Philosophy: Epistemology
Logic and Knowledge
Philosophy of Science
Theories of Truth
Society: Philosophy: Metaphysics
This category in other languages:
20th WCP: Theory of Knowledge
- Archive of contributed papers in the subject area of Theory of Knowledge from the Proceedings of the 20th World Congress of Philosophy (The Paideia Project).
The Analysis of Knowledge
- Survey of analyses of the concept of knowledge, including justified true belief and the Gettier problem; from the Stanford Encyclopedia by Matthias Steup.
- Two movements in ancient philosophy, Pyrrhonism, and Academic Skepticism. From the Stanford Encyclopedia, by Leo Groarke.
- Discussion of a formula to calculate conditional probabilities which figures in subjectivist approaches to epistemology; from the Stanford Encyclopedia by James Joyce.
- Epistemological movement based on Bayesian confirmation and decision theory; from the Stanford Encyclopedia by William Talbott.
Bohm, Bell, and Boom! Quantum Mechanics and the End of Modern Dualism
- From History and Philosophy of Science, Fall, 1997. By Dr. Ess.
Coherence, Certainty, and Epistemic Priority
- By Roderick Firth.
- Metaphysical and epistemological accounts of color. From the Stanford Encyclopedia, by Barry Maund.
- Syllabus for a Yale University seminar on epistemology.
- Essays on epistemology from the Proceedings of the Friesian School, Fourth Series.
The Epistemology Page
- A collection of epistemology resources, including other directories, online papers, and graduate programs strong in epistemology.
The Epistemology Research Guide
- Directory of links by Keith Korcz, including online papers.
- Survey of naturalistic epistemology which emphasizes importance of natural selection; from the Stanford Encyclopedia by Michael Bradie and William Harms
Formal Learning Theory
- Discusses mathematical approaches to normative epistemology; from the Stanford Encyclopedia by Oliver Schulte.
Foundationalist Theories of Epistemic Justification
- Survey of theories according to which knowledge and justified belief rest ultimately on a foundation of noninferential knowledge or justified belief. From the Stanford Encyclopedia, by Richard Fumerton.
Is Justified True Belief Knowledge?
- Classic short paper by Edmund Gettier.
- James Pryor's homepage. It includes online papers and detailed lecture notes.
- Electronic journal for theory of knowledge.
KLI Theory Lab
- Data base that allows scientific literature search in the domain of evolution and cognition, thus indexing the literature in Evolutionary Epistemology.
Knowledge, Justification, and Truth
- Laurence BonJour's dissertation.
New Thoughts about Old Things: Cognitive Policies as the Ground of Singular Concepts
- Kent Bach reviews this book by Krista Lawlor. From Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews.
- Qualia are introspectively accessible, phenomenal aspects of our mental lives. From the Stanford Encyclopedia, by Michael Tye.
Reference, Truth and Conceptual Schemes: A Defense of Internal Realism
- Peter J. Graham reviews this book by Gabor Forrai. From Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews.
Sextus Empiricus's Outlines of Pyrrhonism
- A short paper by Alex Scott on the ancient school of skepticism.
- Article examining the various forms of skepticism. From the Stanford Encyclopedia, by Peter Klein.
Teaching Theory of Knowledge
- A booklet for teaching theory of knowledge. It includes a list of topics in epistemology with an introduction and a reading list for each.
Theory of Knowledge
- Course taught by James Pryor at Princeton University; includes handouts and lecture notes.
- An overview of epistemology, exploring the various theories of knowledge, justification, and belief.
- An approach in epistemology that applies the resources of virtue theory to problems in the theory of knowledge. From the Stanford Encyclopedia, by John Greco.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, June 4, 2013 7:58:25 AM EDT -