become an editor
the entire directory
only in Confucianism/Neo-Confucianism
Confucianism in the Edo (Tokugawa) Period
- An overview of the Neo-Confucian doctrines adopted under Japan's Tokugawa Shogunate (1603-1867).
The Neo-Confucian Confrontation with Buddhism: A Structural And Historical Analysis
- A 1988 paper by Edward T. Ch'ien in the Journal of Chinese Philosophy. Notes the ways in which Neo-Confucian teachings and attitudes toward Buddhism changed over time.
- Short article by Michael C. Kalton.
Neo-Confucianism and Later Confucian Philosophy
- An article from Chinaknowledge covering the historical context of the Neo-Confucian awakening, and profiling some key thinkers within this tradition.
Some Ming Buddhist Responses to Neo-Confucianism
- A 1988 paper by Chun-Fang Yu in the Journal of Chinese Philosophy, reviewing these replies to Neo-Confucian attacks on Buddhist doctrine.
Wesleyan Confucian Etext Project
- Project to compile electronic texts of Confucian and related philosophical writings, especially Neo-Confucian writings from the 11th to 18th centuries. Extensive online Chinese-language texts are available.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 20, 2011 at 7:35:03 UTC -