become an editor
the entire directory
only in Eastern_Philosophy/Confucianism
Temples and Shrines
Society: Philosophy: Ethics
Society: Philosophy: Philosophers: C: Confucius
Society: Religion and Spirituality
This category in other languages:
The 13 Confucian Classics
- Short notes on each of these works from the Confucian canon.
Catholic Encyclopedia: Confucianism
- An article by Charles F. Aiken from this 1912 reference work. Reviews the key teachings and history of Confucianism, and its relation to Christianity.
Center for Dao-Confucianism
- Answers to various questions about Confucian doctrine and its role in the world today.
- Article on the historical application of Confucian doctrines to the imperial Chinese educational system.
The Confucian Filial Obligation and Care for Aged Parents
- Paper by James Wang delivered at the 20th World Congress of Philosophy. Sets in opposition the Confucian and Western contractarian understandings of family relations.
Confucian Teachings Stand Test of Time
- A year 2000 article from China.org.cn. Describes the contemporary popularity of Confucian studies in China.
- A basic outline of the Confucian tradition, its principles and schools, from Religioustolerance.org.
- An illustrated article reviewing the basic Confucian teachings and the history of Confucianism.
- The ideal of conduct, ordering all human relationships and resulting in an ideal social structure and harmony - a famous maxim is: "Never do to others, what you would not like them to do to you."
- A brief overview of the Confucianism history, belief and ethics.
- Articles on the various historical manifestations of this philosophical tradition. Part of the PHILTAR Overview of World Religions.
Confucianism and Confucius
- Commentary, and online texts and resources for the study of this school of thought.
Confucius and Confucianism
- Articles and online resources on confucius and the history of Confucianism.
Confucius and the Scholars
- Article published in The Atlantic in 1999. Considers the modern revival of Confucianism in the light of recent scholarship which questions Confucianism's historical origins and the appropriateness of "Confucianism" as a general term.
The Cult of Confucius
- Article by Thomas A. Wilson, detailing the historical process by which Confucius and his followers came to be venerated across China.
Ethics of Confucius, Mencius and Xun-zi
- Chapter from a book by Sanderson Beck. Discusses the life story and teachings of each of these classical Chinese thinkers.
Sacred Texts - Confucian Documents
- Online texts of the key works of the Confucian philosophical tradition, including the Confucian canon and four of the Five Classics.
The Song Confucians' View of History
- Outlines the role of historical inquiry in the Confucian thought of the Chinese Song dynasty.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 22, 2015 at 14:15:06 UTC -