become an editor
the entire directory
only in Philosophy/Aesthetics
Open Directory - Society: Philosophy: Aesthetics
Philosophy of Food
Arts: Art History
Arts: Literature: Periods and Movements
Arts: Music: History
Arts: Visual Arts
This category in other languages:
18th Century French Aesthetics
- Jacques Morizot's entry examines the French junction between Enlightenment ideals and the teachings of taste. From the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Series of articles reviews life and work. Annotated bibliography.
- Weblog devoted to the discussion of aesthetics and art related topics.
- Philosophical theories about judgments of taste; from the Stanford Encyclopedia by Nick Zangwill.
- Barry Hartley Slater gives an overview of this branch of philosophy explaining concepts such as sublime, representation, aesthetic value, and expression.From the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
Aesthetics : Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy Online
- Malcolm Budd's contribution on Aesthetics.
Aesthetics of Symmetry
- A numerical rating system to judge the visual impact and aesthetics of various motifs operated upon by symmetrical transformations.
- Mailing list for the exchange of ideas and information about aesthetics and philosophy of art.
African Art: Aesthetics and Meaning
- University of Virginia exhibition site emphasizing the formal aesthetic aspects of the objects and the moral and religious ideas they express, beyond cultural boundaries.
ArtLex - Art Dictionary
- Reference material in art, art history, art criticism, aesthetics, and art education. Definitions of thousands of terms, illustrations, quotations, and links to other resources.
B-U-T, a Beauty Puzzle
- Developing web brain, concerned with the puzzling myriad of aspects of the universal phenomenon: beauty.
- Articles and teaching resources on aesthetics, visual art, fashion and the culture of beauty.
Beauty in the Ear of the Beholder
- An essay discussing Eduard Hanslick's theory of the musically beautiful, with links to further information and sound recordings.
Class Home Page: Philosophy 361
- Complete Philosophy of Art internet course at California State University, Long Beach. Includes e-texts and extensive links.
Contemporary Art Test
- Criteria for determining quality in contemporary art. Links to Biddington's art business.
- Overview of the most important aesthetic ideas that have arisen in the course of the Japanese philosophical tradition. From the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
John Berger Quotes
- Quotations from the writings of the Marxist/humanist art critic, artist and novelist.
Metaphysics and Art
- Exploration of the classical and scholastic Philosophy of Art, and a discussion of modern art, especially Kandinsky, in the light of classical thought. By Dr. Piotr Jaroszynski.
Philosophy and Literature
- Including ideas in the aesthetics of literature, philosophical interpretation of literature, and literary treatment of philosophy, hosted by Project MUSE.
Physics, Philosophy and Art
- Describing 3 views on the world.
Roger Scruton's Books on Aesthetics
- List of Roger Scruton's books including his books on aesthetics and synopsis of each.
Seven Discourses on Art by Sir Joshua Reynolds
- Download the Project Gutenberg eBook of Seven Discourses on Art by Sir Joshua Reynolds.
- Based on the philosophic principles of Aesthetic Realism, founded by Eli Siegel. Located in SoHo, New York City.
The Enchantment of Modern Life: Attachments, Crossings, and Ethics
- Stanley Bates reviews this book by Jane Bennett.From Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews.
The End of Art
- Discussion of "The Death of Art" theory at Frostburg State University Philosophical Forum.
The Infography - Aesthetics: Ethical Aspects
- Sources for the study of the ethical aspects of aesthetics.
The Transhistorical Image: Philosophizing Art and its History
- Daniel Herwitz reviews this book by Paul Crowther. From Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews.
- Exploring virtual reality and the philosophy of art, with methodology, biography, and essays on virtuality.
Thomas Becker's Philosophy about Music
- Composer, Thomas Becker's ideas about beauty and quality in music.
Transcendental Aesthetics and Writing
- Aesthetics in transcendental literature, including Emerson and Thoreau.
Trevor Pateman's Selected Works
- Topics in philosophical aesthetics including imagination, formalism, beauty and Rothko.
WCP: Aesthetics and Philosophy of the Arts
- The Paideia Project: Proceedings of the 20th World Congress of Philosophy. Archive of contributed papers in Aesthetics and Philosophy of the Arts.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, February 8, 2013 1:37:14 PM EST -