become an editor
the entire directory
only in Philosophy/Aesthetics
Philosophy of Food
Arts: Art History
Arts: Literature: Periods and Movements
Arts: Music: History
Arts: Visual Arts
This category in other languages:
18th Century French Aesthetics
- Jacques Morizot's entry examines the French junction between Enlightenment ideals and the teachings of taste. From the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
- Series of articles reviews life and work. Annotated bibliography.
- Philosophical theories about judgments of taste; from the Stanford Encyclopedia by Nick Zangwill.
- Barry Hartley Slater gives an overview of this branch of philosophy explaining concepts such as sublime, representation, aesthetic value, and expression.From the Internet Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
Aesthetics : Routledge Encyclopedia of Philosophy Online
- Malcolm Budd's contribution on Aesthetics.
Aesthetics of Symmetry
- A numerical rating system to judge the visual impact and aesthetics of various motifs operated upon by symmetrical transformations.
- Mailing list for the exchange of ideas and information about aesthetics and philosophy of art.
African Art: Aesthetics and Meaning
- University of Virginia exhibition site emphasizing the formal aesthetic aspects of the objects and the moral and religious ideas they express, beyond cultural boundaries.
ArtLex - Art Dictionary
- Reference material in art, art history, art criticism, aesthetics, and art education. Definitions of thousands of terms, illustrations, quotations, and links to other resources.
Beauty in the Ear of the Beholder
- An essay discussing Eduard Hanslick's theory of the musically beautiful, with links to further information and sound recordings.
- Articles and teaching resources on aesthetics, visual art, fashion and the culture of beauty.
Class Home Page: Philosophy 361
- Complete Philosophy of Art internet course at California State University, Long Beach. Includes e-texts and extensive links.
Contemporary Art Test
- Criteria for determining quality in contemporary art. Links to Biddington's art business.
The Enchantment of Modern Life: Attachments, Crossings, and Ethics
- Stanley Bates reviews this book by Jane Bennett.From Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews.
The End of Art
- Discussion of "The Death of Art" theory at Frostburg State University Philosophical Forum.
The Infography - Aesthetics: Ethical Aspects
- Sources for the study of the ethical aspects of aesthetics.
- Overview of the most important aesthetic ideas that have arisen in the course of the Japanese philosophical tradition. From the Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy.
John Berger Quotes
- Quotations from the writings of the Marxist/humanist art critic, artist and novelist.
Philosophy and Literature
- Including ideas in the aesthetics of literature, philosophical interpretation of literature, and literary treatment of philosophy, hosted by Project MUSE.
Physics, Philosophy and Art
- Describing 3 views on the world.
Roger Scruton's Books on Aesthetics
- List of Roger Scruton's books including his books on aesthetics and synopsis of each.
Seven Discourses on Art by Sir Joshua Reynolds
- Download the Project Gutenberg eBook of Seven Discourses on Art by Sir Joshua Reynolds.
- Based on the philosophic principles of Aesthetic Realism, founded by Eli Siegel. Located in SoHo, New York City.
- Exploring virtual reality and the philosophy of art, with methodology, biography, and essays on virtuality.
Thomas Becker's Philosophy about Music
- Composer, Thomas Becker's ideas about beauty and quality in music.
Transcendental Aesthetics and Writing
- Aesthetics in transcendental literature, including Emerson and Thoreau.
The Transhistorical Image: Philosophizing Art and its History
- Daniel Herwitz reviews this book by Paul Crowther. From Notre Dame Philosophical Reviews.
Trevor Pateman's Selected Works
- Topics in philosophical aesthetics including imagination, formalism, beauty and Rothko.
WCP: Aesthetics and Philosophy of the Arts
- The Paideia Project: Proceedings of the 20th World Congress of Philosophy. Archive of contributed papers in Aesthetics and Philosophy of the Arts.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: June 12, 2014 at 6:35:10 UTC -