become an editor
the entire directory
only in North_America/United_States
Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill
Catholic Network of Volunteer Service (CNVS)
- Offers faith-based volunteer opportunities for men and women with varying skills, to help others in need of volunteer service. Database of short and long-term opportunities, in US and abroad.
- Finds coaches and teachers to volunteer to improve the quality of life for children with life-threatening illnesses by providing free, personal lessons in the arts and athletics.
Doctor to Doctor
- Provides assistance to medical professionals in underserved places around the world. Volunteers are medical professionals who travel abroad to meet with their colleagues in other countries. Information, photos and contact details.
- Americans older than 55 years tutor and mentor children in urban public schools across the country.
- Sends volunteers to work on short-term development projects worldwide; also seeks volunteers for posting in the US. Includes history, application information, and listing of opportunities.
The Holiday Project
- On Christmas, Chanukah, and on other holidays throughout the year, this organization offers volunteers the opportunity to visit with people in nursing homes, hospitals, and other community establishments.
- Helping people get involved in their community - information about volunteering and a database of environment-related opportunities.
International Executive Service Corps
- Not-for-profit organization that recruits and assigns U.S. volunteer experts to assist businesses in developing and emerging-market countries worldwide.
Kids Care Clubs
- Kids working together to help others in their communities and world. Youth community service projects for kids, schools, churches, synagogues and community centers.
Points of Light Foundation
- Divisions are: the HandsOn Network volunteer centers in several countries, GenerationOn, the global youth service movement, and AmeriCorps Alums, a national network convening the alumni of all AmeriCorps national service programs.
United We Serve
- A nationwide service initiative that helps meet growing social needs resulting from the economic downturn.
The Volunteer Center of Northwest Suburban Chicago
- Provides a variety of outreach opportunities for volunteers interested in helping with social services and schools.
Volunteers of America
- National, nonprofit, spiritually-based organization providing local human service programs. Locations, programs, and advocacy.
Women in Progress
- US organization placing volunteers to assist women in Ghana and grow their micro-enterprises. Information on activities, projects, and opportunities for volunteers and internships.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 24, 2015 at 6:24:06 UTC -