become an editor
the entire directory
only in Volunteering/Opportunities
Open Directory - Society: Philanthropy: Volunteering: Opportunities
Distributed Computing Projects
Home: Personal Finance: Philanthropy
Recreation: Travel: Specialty Travel: Volunteering
Society: Issues: Fraud: Charities
Society: Issues: Global: Aid and Development
Society: Organizations: Nonprofit Resources
Society: Philanthropy: Grants: Grant-Making Foundations
Society: Philanthropy: Organizations
This category in other languages:
- Offering opportunities for short term voluntary work on development aid projects overseas run by local non-governmental organisations in the third world. Information about projects, applying, and practicalities.
- Offers international work, study, and volunteer programs for students, graduates and professionals. Links to a number of national affiliates.
Cross-Cultural Solutions (CCS)
- Travel abroad, volunteer, and help overseas. CCS manages numerous volunteer service programs and insight tours in Asia, Africa, Russia, and South America.
- Aims to bring people of diverse spiritual traditions together for cooperative, charitable service projects, and to create models of peace among religions through short-term international, interfaith, volunteer service projects.
Global Service Corps
- International volunteering and internship opportunities for cross-cultural learning and community service in Thailand and Tanzania. Short-term (two to four weeks), long-term (two to six months), and student internship programs are available, in projects in healthcare, education, and environment/sustainable agriculture.
- Provides a database of worldwide volunteer opportunities with no or low fees. Also supplies online educational resources for volunteers.
The Institute for International Cooperation and Development (IICD)
- Trains and sends volunteers to India, Zambia, Guatemala, and Vietnam. Volunteers welcome from around the world.
International Dental Volunteer Organizations
- Lists currently available international dental volunteer opportunities. Sponsored by the American Dental Association.
- Resource for short-term international projects in developing and emerging-market countries worldwide. Includes information for prospective volunteers, and a service to match people to possible projects.
Open Directory Project: Becoming an Editor
- Information about the role of editors in this online project, including what they do, and how to apply to become one.
Serve Your World
- News, articles, and guides on volunteering abroad with free directory of non-profit volunteer opportunities.
Service Civil International
- Worldwide volunteer placement for generalists in short term 2 week workcamps and long term 3-12 month social service or non profit community grassroots projects. SCI is based in Seattle, Washington.
United Nations Volunteers (UNV)
- Supports human development globally by promoting volunteerism and by mobilizing volunteers. Includes news on partnerships and activities, information for volunteers, and publications.
United Nations Volunteers Online Volunteering Service
- Worldwide online volunteering opportunities of United Nations Volunteers. Volunteers can find online volunteer assignments. Non profits in developing countries looking for online volunteers can post assignments here.
Visions in Action
- An international nonprofit organization which sends volunteers to Africa and Mexico. Volunteers are placed with nonprofit development organizations, research institutes, health clinics, and the media in Uganda, Tanzania, South Africa, Burkina Faso, and Mexico.
Volunteers For Peace
- Offers placement in over 1800 short-term international voluntary service programs in 70 countries. Its programs are like the Peace Corps, but short-term.
Wikipedia - Citizen Science
- Crowd-sourced encyclopedia article about scientific research conducted, in whole or in part, by volunteer amateur or nonprofessional scientists.
- Citizen science projects using the efforts and ability of volunteers to help scientists and researchers deal with the flood of data that confronts them. From the Citizen Science Alliance.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 14, 2014 at 2:15:06 UTC -