the entire directory
only in Philanthropy/Volunteering
Recreation: Travel: Specialty Travel: Volunteering
Regional: Europe: United Kingdom: Society and Culture: Volunteering
Society: Philanthropy: International Aid and Development
This category in other languages:
- Provides resources and opportunities to facilitate collaboration between volunteers and nonprofits.
Corporation for National and Community Service
- U.S. federal agency that engages more than 5 million Americans in service through its core programs -- Senior Corps, AmeriCorps, and the Social Innovation Fund -- and leads President's national call to service initiative, United We Serve. Includes blog, programs, focus areas and special initiatives.
- The electronic journal of the volunteer community. Feature articles, archive and subscription information.
Hearts and Minds Network
- Portal to volunteering, self-help and inspiration resources worldwide. Addresses poverty, the environment, democracy, human rights, addictions and other important issues.
- An international non-profit organization specializing in the field of communication. It recruits, trains and coordinates volunteers for non-profit projects (conference support, cyber-volunteering, language services), both for its own programs and in the context of support provided to its partners. [French, Spanish and English]
Idealist - Action without Borders
- A "global clearinghouse of nonprofit and volunteering resources", offering a directory of volunteer opportunities and other resources. (in French, Spanish and English)
Institute for Volunteering Research
- The Institute aims to develop knowledge and understanding of volunteering. The site contains summaries of recent research and information on the journal, Voluntary Action.
International Medical Volunteers Association
- Provides information about international health volunteer work and helps volunteers and organizations find each other.
Krista Foundation for Global Citizenship
- Encourages, funds and supports young adults to allow them to undertake voluntary service in America's inner cities and in developing nations.
Nicodemus Wilderness Project
- Provides global volunteer resources and opportunities that empower youth to help save the environment while they develop leadership skills. Project essays and photos are published online.
- A way for single folks to meet other singles and volunteer their talents to worthy organizations. Links to chapters in North America and Australia.
South Dublin County Volunteer Centre
- Offers placement service, support, advice and information on policy issues, training and consultancy on involving volunteers, and Garda Vetting service.
- Monthly web-zine by Nancy Macduff of Macduff-Bunt Associates. Regular sections include news, recruitment and retention, training, and links. MBA also provides an online catalogue of their books.
- Information and advice for those who manage volunteers and for people considering doing voluntary work.
- The UK's annual celebration of volunteering. An opportunity for organisations to recognise reward and recruit volunteers.
World Volunteer Web
- A resource for networking and dissemination of information, to develop an inclusive and global volunteer information portal. Provided by United Nations Volunteers (UNV).
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 4, 2013 at 15:10:21 UTC -