become an editor
the entire directory
only in Philanthropy/Refugees
Open Directory - Society: Philanthropy: Refugees
Society: Issues: Human Rights and Liberties: Refugee Rights
Society: Issues: Immigration: Support Groups
This category in other languages:
American Refugee Committee
- International, non-sectarian and non-profit organization that provides long-term humanitarian aid to refugees and other displaced people.
Bosnian Support Fund
- UK-based non-profit providing help to families diplaced by the war in Bosnia who want to return to their homes and rebuild their lives. The group offers support, advice and practical financial assistance on an individual basis to more than seventy families.
Canadian Council for Refugees
- A non-profit umbrella organization committed to the rights and protection of refugees in Canada and around the world and to the settlement of refugees and immigrants in Canada. The Council serves the networking, information-exchange and advocacy needs of its member organizations. Site has many links to Canadian and international resources.
Committee for Humanitarian Assistance to Iranian Refugees
- Organization of Iranian refugees and asylum seekers. Newsletter, fact sheets and contact information.
- Humanitarian aid organization that uses film and video to entertain and to educate refugees around the world.
Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre
- Worldwide coverage of internally displaced persons with country profiles and weekly news, publications, and links.
International Rescue Committee
- The IRC provides relief, respect and renewal to refugees and victims of armed conflict around the world. A non-profit agency, we also provide resettlement services to refugees recently arrived in the United States.
Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS)
- International Catholic organization which engages in charitable, educational, social, pastoral, health, and legal projects and advocacy on behalf of refugees and forcibly displaced people.
Norwegian Refugee Council
- Independent voluntary organization working to enhance international protection of refugees and internally displaced people, and to offer humanitarian assistance worldwide.
- UK registered charity working to promote self-reliance for refugees and displaced people. Currently working in six countries in Africa and Asia.
- Refugee Action is an independent charity that supports refugees and asylum seekers to resettle and build new lives in the UK. We campaign to ensure that refugees' voices are heard in matters that affect them, and that their needs are met. Site offers refugee stories and local contact information.
Tibetan Refugee Health Care Project
- Has a mission to facilitate medical treatment and education of the Tibetan people in India.
U.S. Committee for Refugees
- USCR's site provides news and extensive background information on refugee crisis around the world, and offers tools for promoting the cause of refugees. Home of the annual World Refugee Survey.
United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- The UN's refugee agency, the site contains feature stories and information about the UN's work for refugees around the world as well as searchable databases of news, publications, and links.
Women's Commission for Refugee Women and Children
- Advocating for the rights of refugee and displaced women, children and adolescents around the world.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 10, 2013 at 17:05:06 UTC -