become an editor
the entire directory
only in Religious/Christian
Food and Shelter
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Missions: Organizations
This category in other languages:
African American Self-Help Foundation
- Christian organization based in Santa Rosa, California, solicits financial support for physical and spiritual needs of African and single working African American mothers in the United States. Features information about the relief and community development programs that they sponsor.
American Friends Service Committee
- A Quaker organization that includes people of various faiths who are committed to social justice, peace, and humanitarian service.
- Christian organization based in Norristown, Pennsylvania assist the poor with literacy programs, education reform, and crisis support in Haiti.
Bread for the World
- A nationwide Christian citizens movement seeking justice for the world's hungry people by lobbying the nation's decision makers.
Bridge of Hope
- Church-based ministry based in Exton, PA, provides training to affiliate churches to mentor single mothers and their children from homelessness to wholeness.
Bright Hope International
- Organization that works in many countries in the areas of poverty relief, job creation, and christian evangelism.
Caring for China
- Christian organization administers programs that furnish English teachers, delivers health training and consultation, and community care to orphans in China.
- An international Christian disability and development organization, committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities and at risk of disabilities in the poorest countries of the world; prevention and treatment of disease, community education and rehabilitation and advocacy.
Chaplain Service of the Churches of Virginia
- Provides Chaplains for the prisons and juvenile inititutions in Virginia.
Christian Assistance Ministry (CAM)
- Assists homeless and low-income families in San Antonio, Texas, with food, clothing, financial services and counseling.
Christian Blind Mission: Australia
- International organization dedicated to helping blind people and those with other disabilities in developing countries worldwide.
Christian Community Ministries
- Christian organization helps the poor and needy families in Romania. Features information on their Children's Home and Charity Shop.
Christian Mission Aid
- Non-denominational organization based in Michigan, provides assistance, training, and resources for relief and development projects in East African countries.
Christian Peacemakers International CPI
- Mennonite churches in Edmonton, Canada, are working to establish peace in Central America by offering low interest, long term loans for community development projects and new business ventures. Features a project in Honduras, a newsletter, and brochure.
Christian Relief Services
- Non-profit charitable organization providing humanitarian relief in the United States and around the world.
Christian World Service CWS
- New Zealand Christian organization works with member churches to help the poor by supporting community development, responding to disasters, and campaigning on the issues that cause poverty and injustice in Aotearoa.
Church World Service
- Relief, development and refugee assistance arm of the National Council of the Churches of Christ in the U.S.A. provides self-help development, meets emergency needs, and addresses the root causes of poverty and powerlessness.
Cleaford Christian Trust
- Details for a based charity and mission working in Romania. Based in Surrey, UK.
Compassionate Resource Warehouse
- Organization that ships material resources to third world countries from Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. It is a project of Nazarene Compassionate Ministries Canada. Site has contact information.
Crisis Control Ministry
- A Christian-based ministry responding to the emergency needs of persons living in Forsyth County, North Carolina.
Dream Machine Foundation
- Christian non-profit organization dedicated to helping children and families in Fiji with medical, dental, educational and farming programs to improve their quality of life.
Eastern Europe Aid Association
- Helping Romanians in orphanages throughout Eastern Europe with spiritual and material needs.
Eastern Europe Outreach
- Walnut Creek, California, USA based organization serves widows and orphans, the poor and the lame by providing clothing and financial assistance in Eastern Europe.
Engineering Ministries International
- Christian organization taking architects, engineers, surveyors on short-term trips to improve conditions in developing nations.
Episcopal Afghan Aid
- Site that encourages parish and diocesan-based support for Afghan refugees through donations to relevant aid agencies.
Episcopal Community Services
- Philadelphia based nonprofit social service provider empowering the sick, poor, and homeless to achieve greater self-sufficiency.
Family Care Foundation
- A Christian-based organisation with a broad-based family of projects making a difference in communities around the world. Has many projects including - humanitarian aid, help for the poor, help for the disabled, education in family values and Christian evangelization projects.
Feed The Children
- International non-profit Christian organization providing food, clothing, educational supplies, medical equipment and other necessities to needy individuals.
Food for the Poor
- An international Christian humanitarian aid organization that provides food, housing, medical services, education and ministry to poor people and families in the Caribbean and Latin America.
For Haiti With Love
- Christian organization with missions in the northern part of Haiti to feed the hungry, build houses for the homeless, provide medical care for those who need it.
Friends of Children Everywhere (FOCE)
- Operates orphanage Casa Bernabe in Guatemala providing a Christian home to abandoned, handicapped, mistreated and abused children. In addition, the mission is to obtain adoptive parents and place children in foster homes.
Global Aid Network
- An outreach ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ to needy children and adults in the former Soviet Union. Volunteers join together to share the gospel and deliver humanitarian aid.
- Non-profit humanitarian organization dedicated to improving the physical and spiritual well-being of suffering people world wide. Features reports on activity in Africa and in the United States.
Good Samaritan Health Center
- Christian medical, dental, counseling, and health education ministry that serves the working poor, homeless, and medically indigent in metro area of Atlanta, Georgia.
Grace Ministries Overseas Aid
- Australian charity helping meet the practical and spiritual needs of the poor in India, particularly disadvantaged and orphaned children.
Great Commission Air
- Provides air transportation for Christian missions and humanitarian relief.
Healing Hands International
- An international relief and aid organization serving the world. Based in Nashville, Tennessee it is primarily a ministry of the churches of Christ.
Heart for Africa
- Faith-based humanitarian movement for achieving solutions in Africa related to hunger and food security, orphans and vulnerable children, poverty alleviation, and AIDS prevention.
HeartSprings International Ministries
- Christian humanitarian organization based in Satellite Beach, Florida, provides Safe Water Systems, training, and food the hungry to remote parts of the world through churches and faith-based organizations.
Hope for the Suffering
- Christian organization dedicated to alleviating the suffering of innocent children.
- Charity "bringing hope to a hurting world" through education, disease control, medical training and care, care for orphans, education and recovery programs. Recruits mainly from the members of International Churches of Christ (ICOC).
- U.S. Christian development and relief organization committed to supporting self-help ministry projects in India.
International Christian Concern
- A human rights organization promoting religious freedom and assisting international Christians who are victims of persecution and discrimination.
- Christian poverty relief organization based in the United Kingdom, works to meet practical needs in developing countries through self-help, medical, educational, and training projects.
Mano Amiga Volunteer Mexico Mission
- An ecumenical Christian organization that aids the poor in the states of Yucatán, Quintana Roo and Coahuila in Mexico through volunteer construction work, shelters, vocational training and other needed services.
Medical Teams International
- Christian organisation that sends volunteer disaster relief teams to help people in crisis, provides medical care to victims of hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, famine, and war.
Mennonite Economic Development Associates
- Through MEDA's business-oriented development programs you can help low income entrepreneurs in the developing world and North America.
- Find links to Christian organizations and ways to make a difference in the world.
Mission Aviation Fellowship UK
- A Christian agency whose mission is to fly light aircraft in developing countries so that people in remote areas can receive the help they need.
Mission Without Borders
- A Christian non-profit organization with headquarters in Camarillo, California, USA is dedicated to serving the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of those suffering the effects of poverty or persecution. People are served without regard to their religion or ethnic background.
Mission Without Borders International
- Christian nonprofit organization dedicated to serving the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of those suffering the effects of poverty or persecution.
Missionary Ventures International
- Humanitarian Christian organization encouraging and supporting indigenous missions through personal involvement, financial sponsorship and ministry development.
My Brother's Keeper
- A Massachusetts based Christian organization of volunteers who delivers furniture, household items and food, free of charge, to those who seek assistance.
Nigeria Health Care Project
- Methodist Church of Great Britain Wesley Guild charity supporting health care in Nigeria. Overview, projects, visitor's report and how to donate.
Operation Blessing International
- A Christian humanitarian organization that provides short-term medical, hunger and disaster relief and development assistance to people in need in the United States and overseas.
- Links prayer and finances from Christians in the West with local ministries in Third World nations. Includes a mission overview, events calendar and contact information.
- The official humanitarian organization of the Serbian Orthodox Church.
- International Christian relief and evangelism organization provides spiritual and physical aid to victims of war, poverty, natural disaster, and disease.
Several Sources Foundation
- A non-profit Christian organization based in Ramsey, New Jersey, provides help, comfort, and information to pregnant teens, unwed mothers, homeless and abused women, and needy families.
- A community-based rehabilitation centre for the destitute, sick and dying homeless in Delhi, India.
Sheffield Churches Council for Community Care (SCCCC)
- A South Yorkshire, England charity coordinates teams of volunteers to give a helping hand to elderly people living in Sheffield.
United People in Christ, Inc.
- Non-profit group to collect clothing, medicine, and money, for the Christians of the Middle East regardless of denomination.
Valley Churches United Missions
- A coalition of community and church volunteers provide humanitarian aide to San Lorenzo and Scotts Valley residents.
- Helping street children, plus doing relief work in Transylvania (Sighisoara, Romania). Work has grown up over the last four years around a student program of Eastern Nazarene College (Boston, MA).
World Hope International - Canada
- A faith-based Christian relief and development organization partners with individuals and organizations from around the world to promote justice, encourage self-sufficiency, and inspire hope through programs such as economic development, leadership and skills training, child sponsorship, and community health education.
World Missionary Evangelism WME
- International, interdenominational humanitarian group which supports orphanages, community development programs, disaster relief, and Christian missionary efforts.
- Non-profit organization which provides humanitarian aid, disaster and emergency relief, and is involved in community and economic development, welfare reform, refugee resettlement, immigration, and advocacy.
World Relief Canada
- Christian relief and development organization works with local networks of Christians around the world to meet the physical, spiritual, and emotional needs of poor people.
- Relief, development, and educational ministry supported by the Christian Reformed Church in North America. Offers overview, what we do and stories.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 8, 2015 at 17:46:02 UTC -