the entire directory
only in Philanthropy/Organizations
Aid and Development
Domestic Violence Shelters
Big Brothers Big Sisters
Corporation for National and Community Service
Food Not Bombs
Habitat for Humanity
Make A Wish Foundation
Red Cross and Red Crescent
Ronald McDonald House Charities
Home: Personal Finance: Philanthropy
Society: Organizations: Advocacy
Society: People: Requesting Help
This category in other languages:
Active 20/30 International
- Membership-based service organization for young adults between the ages of 20 and 39. Provides young adults with an opportunity for personal growth, friendships, and leadership development while improving the quality of life for the special needs children in its community.
ALNAP: Active Learning Network for Accountability and Performance in Humanitarian Action
- An international interagency forum working to improve the quality and accountability of humanitarian action.
Cabrillo Civic Clubs of California
- Founded by Californians of Portuguese ancestry in honor of compatriot, John Rodrigues Cabrillo, discoverer of California. The Clubs have many charitable activities including blood drives, fund raising for polio and cancer research, assisting candidates for U.S. citizenship, and, providing college scholarships for students of Portuguese descent.
- A national charity of the design and construction industry created by the Society of Design Administration.
- Volunteer organization bringing clothes, food and toys to needy Oklahoma County, Oklahoma residents at Christmas time. Contains donation form, event listing and contact information.
Daniel Pearl Foundation
- Promotes cross-cultural understanding through journalism and music. Provides overviews of current initiatives, projects, and events along with organization leadership information.
Dialogue on Diversity
- Mission is the social and political advancement of women and men from diverse cultural, ethnic, and national traditions.
- Secular international movement of solidarity for justice based on communities that take in people who are marginalized or wounded by life. Multilingual English/French/Spanish.
- Campaigns to keep family farmers on their land and offers immediate assistance and long-term solutions.
Foundation For A Better Life
- A foundation working to communicate the ethical values that it believes make a difference such as honesty, caring, optimism, hard work, and helping others.
- Enables individuals and companies to find and support high-impact, grassroots social and economic development projects around the world.
Green Cross Projects
- International, membership-based, humanitarian assistance organization, non-profit corporation, which responds to emergency situations and disasters upon request.
The Karen Hilltribes Trust
- A Thai registered charity, and called in Thai "Ruamkanpattana Foundation" was established 1985 to provide a vehicle for the Karen hill tribes of Thailand participate and manage their own socio-economic development. work covers following areas: Provision pure drinking water Trust working with the Karen people of north west Thailand to help them develop their own social, educational and economic infrastructure.
National 211 Collaborative
- The national 2-1-1 initiative seeks to reserve these three digits nationwide as quick, easy to remember telephone number for finding human services answers.
NGO Global Network
- Site with links to non-governmental organizations associated with the United Nations.
Northwestern University Settlement Association
- A social service organization serving the northwest side of Chicago. Emergency services offered are energy payment assistance, food pantry, and holiday gifts. Other services include after-school youth programs, AmeriCorps, fine arts, resident camping, and a charter high school.
Online Volunteers Collective
- Volunteers collective using virtual space for collaborative voluntary projects on social justice issues worldwide.
Pak Human Resources Development Organization
- Aimed at socio-economic uplift of poor and disadvantaged people, especially women, from backward rural areas in Pakistan, through their technical education, skill development and vocational training.
- A charity working to eradicate poverty and injustice internationally.
- United Nations website providing information to humanitarian relief organizations. Updated daily. There is also a directory of non-governmental organizations. The website is a project of the United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).
Royal Humane Society of Australasia
- Nominates awards for acts of bravery and provides funds to those disadvantaged or physically handicapped by their gallant actions.
Sarvodaya Organization Homepage
- A movement in Sri Lanka involved in development and reconstruction, active in thousands of villages in all regions of the country, commanding the services of hundreds of thousands of volunteers and trained workers.
Society of Singers
- Non-profit foundation offering food, medical and financial help to professional singers. Donation levels, awards, notable members.
Tibet Poverty Alleviation Fund
- U.S.-based organization which funds poverty alleviation programs in rural Tibet.
Topix: Charitable Organizations
- News about charitable organizations, collected from various sources on the web. [RSS]
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 26, 2015 at 14:35:12 UTC -