become an editor
the entire directory
only in Hunger_Relief/Food_Recovery
Open Directory - Society: Philanthropy: Hunger Relief: Food Recovery
Best Practices for Food Recovery and Gleaning
- Report for a study of food recovery in the United States national school lunch program sponsored by the United States Department of Agriculture. [PDF]
- A non-profit, Florida City organization that recovers food from farms, wholesalers and other groups which is donated to feed the hungry. Includes explanation of process, programs and services, and how to become involved.
- Works to alleviate hunger in Washtenaw County, Michigan by rescuing foods otherwise destined for waste, and then distributing these and other non-perishable foods.
- Nonprofit corporation run by senior volunteers who glean surplus food for clients and charitable organizations in need. Information on donation and volunteer needs, news, and program descriptions. Part of the America's Second Harvest network. California.
The Society of St. Andrew
- Christian hunger ministry that salvages fresh produce and delivers it to soup kitchens and food banks across the United States. Descriptions of gleaning programs, special projects, stories, and testimonials.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, December 26, 2012 7:45:04 AM EST -