the entire directory
only in Philanthropy/Hunger_Relief
Food Stamps and Vouchers
Society: Issues: Poverty: End of Poverty
Society: Issues: Poverty: Hunger
Society: Philanthropy: Disaster Relief and Recovery
Society: Philanthropy: Free Donations: Hunger
This category in other languages:
Action Against Hunger - USA
- An international organization that delivers emergency aid and to people suffering from natural disasters or man-made crises. Includes information on hunger, stories from the field, donation information, and how to get involved.
- A faith-based food pantry that strives to meet the needs of hungry people. Information on donating food, food pantry operations, and an agency store comprised of donated products.
American Indian Children Hunger Fund
- A human health and welfare organization that focuses on the survival of children and implements programs that provide food and clothing to them.
Bread for the World
- A nationwide Christian citizens movement seeking justice for the world's hungry people by lobbying the nation's decision makers.
Breedlove Dehydrated Foods
- A nonprofit organization that provides dehydrated food to other nonprofits for use in hunger-relief projects. Email newsletter, and nutritional and partner information.
Chalukas Mazon L'Shabbos
- A Jewish charity that delivers food to Israeli residents in need.
Children of the Nations International (COTNI)
- A non-profit organization that assists destitute children and orphans by providing clothing, food, orphanages and other support in Malawi, the Dominican Republic, the U.S. and Sierra Leone.
Children's Hunger Fund
- Offers food and clothing distribution to needy families, support of orphanages and feeding programs worldwide. Highlights of efforts and volunteer opportunities. California, USA.
Doodle For Hunger
- Auctions signed and original works of art by artists, entertainment, and sports celebrities, as well as political and business notables to help hungry kids and families.
- Promotes community projects that support food banks and soup kitchens. Organizational history, calendar of events by state, and information on how to get involved.
Feeding Children Better Foundation
- Corporate responsibility programme from ConAgra, which aims to provide kids with a safe nurturing environment, streamline the collection and distribution of donated food, and raise awareness about the hidden nature of childhood hunger.
Focus America: People Helping People
- Provides support for impoverished communities and families in crisis through the efforts of a network of volunteers in the United States. Current projects, supporters, wish list, and the founder's weblog.
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations
- Leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Newsroom, information center on world agriculture, upcoming meetings, key programs, and special initiatives. Content available in Arabic, Chinese, French, Italian, Spanish, and English.
The Food Chain
- UK-based charity that distributes hot Sunday meals to AIDS patients living at home in the Greater London area. Basic site that consists primarily of homepage and contact information.
Food For All
- Domestic and international anti-hunger organization. Information on how individuals and corporations contribute, how you can help, hunger statistics, and how to apply for grants.
Food for Life Global
- International, vegan and vegetarian food-relief organization that helps people in need in over 50 countries. Background, emergency-relief, membership and contact information, plus links to affiliates in different countries.
Food for the Poor, Inc.
- A faith-based, Christian organization that works within Latin America and the Caribbean and raises funds, purchases requested relief materials, and then distributes them through established churches charity organizations that operate in areas of need.
Food on Foot
- Food on Foot is a California nonprofit organization that provides food and clothing to homeless individuals and families each week in Hollywood. Site features information on how to make donations and volunteer.
FoodRelief - Bhaktivedanta International Charities
- A hunger-relief project that feeds 3,000 Indian children each month. Information on various relief projects, reports and updates, as well as a photo gallery.
Freedom from Hunger
- Nonprofit, international development organization that offers sustainable, self-help solutions. Virtual tours of countries served and information on programs.
Harvest Time International
- A missions-based organization that provides supplies to over 500 nonprofit organizations and ministries in the United States and throughout the world.
Hosea Feed The Hungry and Homeless
- A nonprofit program operates under the umbrella of the Martin Luther King Jr. People's Church of Love. Includes urgent needs, volunteering opportunities, history, and description of program.
Hunger Action Network of New York State
- Statewide anti-hunger coalition that combines grassroots organizing with state-level research. Online legislative actions, articles, statistics, and email newsletter.
The Hunger Project
- A global movement with a vision and commitment to end hunger by organising the necessary leadership, training, and education.
Hunger Solutions Minnesota
- A membership organization comprised of the six Feeding America affiliated food banks, more than 300 food shelves, food distribution centers and over 80 emergency feeding programs throughout Minnesota. Advocates for and provides solutions to hunger in the state. Includes partner agencies, services, events, and staff.
Hunger Strike Force
- The Hunger Strike Force feeds hungry families across the U.S. by using a fleet of tractor-trailers to deliver donated food and other items from companies to communities in crisis.
International Food Policy Research Institute
- Identifies and analyzes policies for meeting the food needs of the developing world. Site features publications, calendar of events, and datasets.
Loaves & Fishes
- Provides free, nutritious meals and support services in a dignified, safe, and caring environment. Up-to-date information on specific pantry needs, year-round needs, and how to volunteer, make donations and drop off contributions.
- Non-profit food technology organization specializing in low-cost dairy substitutes such as soy milk, hemp milk, oat and rice milk.
MAZON: A Jewish Response to Hunger
- A national, nonprofit agency that provides food assistance to hungry people of all faiths and backgrounds.
- Information about partners and producers of the fortified peanut butter used to treat malnutrition in children.
Rice Bowls, Inc.
- Faith-based ministry that distributes rice bowls to church congregations to raise money and help to alleviate world hunger. Organizational history and details on how the program works.
Saint Mary's Soup Kitchen
- A faith-based organization that gives meals to hungry people in need. Contact information and basic information on services offered and donations accepted.
Share Our Strength (SOS)
- One of the nation's leading not-for-profit organizations, mobilizing individuals and industries to fight hunger. Extensive information on initiatives, grant applications, hunger and poverty, as well as food assistance, job training, economic development programs and advocacy. Online donations accepted.
The Souper Bowl of Caring
- Utilizing Super Bowl weekend to mobilize youth to fight hunger and poverty in their local communities.
Stamp Out Hunger
- Annual U.S. food drive organized by the National Association of Letter Carriers.
Stop Hunger Now
- A non-profit, international hunger-relief organization that coordinates the distribution of food and other aid to crisis areas across the globe. Staff information, history, opportunities to help, and press releases.
United Nations World Food Programme
- News and information about operations, policies, publications, appeals and how to help. Includes special reports, questions and answers and video.
Vrindavan Food for Life
- An organization that provides food, water, and more to people in need in India. Overview of programs, email contact information, and ability to donate online.
Wayside Soup Kitchen
- A faith-based organization providing food to the hungry of the Portland area in Maine. Includes menu, information about food rescue, and how to help through donations and volunteering.
The Wilkinson Center
- Cooperates with people in need who want to create a better life for themselves. The Wilkinson Center offers a food pantry, after-school program, clothing, and other assistance programs to more than 16,000 people each year.
World Community Fund Against Hunger (FMSCF)
- Works to establish an institution of solidarity between people and believes that the solution to the problem of hunger lies in establishing and supporting local production, based on knowledge of the environment, the land, and the skill of indigenous people.
The World Food Prize
- International award recognizing individuals who have improved the quality, quantity or availability of food in the world. Information on past winners, news, and information on a youth institute.
World Hunger Year (WHY)
- Official site of World Hunger Year features a centralized database of food, nutrition, anti-hunger and agricultural organizations, as well as reports, action alerts, and hunger and poverty analysis.
World Peace Flag Organization
- A non-profit organization dedicated to helping feed and education the hungry and starving. Receive a flag and booklet for donation.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 24, 2015 at 6:24:06 UTC -