the entire directory
only in Philanthropy/Homeless
Health Care for the Homeless
Health: Public Health and Safety: Community Health
Society: Issues: Housing: Affordable and Low Income Housing
Society: Issues: Poverty: Homelessness
Society: People: Generations and Age Groups: Youth: Streetkids
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Denominations: Holiness: Salvation Army
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Missions
Society: Religion and Spirituality: Christianity: Organizations: Rescue
This category in other languages:
Alexandria Homeless Services Coordinating Committee
- Coalition of public and private organizations serving and coordinating a continuum of care for homeless individuals and families in Alexandria, Virginia. Includes committee and member information.
- Albuquerque, New Mexico nonprofit providing emergency shelter, housing and supportive services to women with children and women with chronic mental illness through Barrett House, Casa Milagro, Casa Verdi and Bridges programs. Includes events, programs, donation needs, newsletter and information about Barrett House Attic thrift shop.
- Provides meals, day shelter and support services in Anchorage, Alaska. Includes donation needs and volunteer opportunities.
Bethlehem House Transitional Living Center
- Conway, Arkansas nonprofit providing shelter and support services to homeless individuals and families. Includes program information and needs list.
- Los Angeles, California nonprofit providing permanent housing and support services for homeless families with children and technical support for supportive housing developments. Includes program descriptions, list of workshops and publications, links and how to help.
Boulder Shelter for the Homeless
- Provides cold weather shelter and transitional services for adults in Boulder, Colorado. Includes how to help, events, virtual tour, newsletters and information on homelessness.
Building Opportunities for Self-Sufficiency (BOSS)
- Nonprofit headquartered in Berkeley, California providing shelter, housing, health care, adult education, job training and placement, urban gardening institute and community organizing. Visually impaired accessible site includes information on programs, donating, web tutorial, and links.
Care of Poor People
- Kansas City, Missouri organization that works to feed and clothe the homeless. Includes information on local homelessness-related events.
Casa de los Niños
- Focused on the prevention and intervention of child abuse in Tucson, Arizona, through shelter care for children aged infant to 11 years old and services for families and abused, neglected or homeless children. Includes information on programs and events, links, parenting tips, and bibliography of resources.
Central City Hospitality House
- Shelter, drop-in center, employment program and community arts studio located in San Francisco's Tenderloin District. Includes information on programs, helping and events.
- Ministry providing meals, shelter, recovery programs, youth outreach, and a camp for inner city kids with missions throughout the United States. Includes information on programs, volunteering and donating.
Colorado Coalition for the Homeless
- Denver, Colorado. Aims to work collaboratively toward the prevention of homelessness and the creation of lasting solutions for homeless and at-risk families, children and individuals throughout Colorado. Includes housing communities, description of programs and services, history, and success profiles.
- Official site of the American non-profit organization formed to help the nation's homeless. Features details of local projects and television shows.
Common Ground Community
- New York City nonprofit creating and managing affordable, supportive housing and employment programs for homeless, disabled, elderly and low income people. Includes program descriptions, news and how to help.
Community Action Agency of South Central Michigan
- Provides a variety of human services including shelter and food to the residents of Barry, Branch, Calhoun and St. Joseph counties. Includes services listed by type and county, and employment opportunities.
- Provides emergency shelter for families, supportive housing for homeless people with disabilities, affordable housing, housing rehabilitation, community organizing and homelessness prevention services in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
Doe Fund, Inc.
- New York nonprofit organization helping formerly homeless men and women achieve independence and self-sufficiency. Includes program descriptions, volunteer opportunities, news, success stories and events.
Downtown Emergency Service Center (DESC)
- Seattle, Washington nonprofit providing emergency shelter, clinical services and permanent supportive housing designed for disabled and vulnerable homeless adults. Includes programs, how to help and job listings.
DuPage P.A.D.S., Inc.
- Provides overnight shelter (for families and adults), transitional housing (for adults), and support services in DuPage County, Illinois. Includes donation and volunteer needs, events and news.
Family Emergency Shelter Coalition (FESCO)
- Coalition of churches and community members providing shelter, meals and support services to families in the Hayward, Castro Valley, San Lorenzo and San Leandro, California area. Includes donation wish list, volunteer opportunities and newsletters.
- Seattle, Washington nonprofit organization that helps homeless and disadvantaged men and women transform their lives through job training and placement in the food service industry. Includes information on programs, events, donating and volunteering.
Father Joe's Villages
- San Diego, California nonprofit providing meals, case management, counseling, chaplaincy, addiction treatment, health care and other support services. Includes news, statistics, events, employment and volunteer opportunities and donation needs.
Foothill Family Shelter
- Upland, California shelter for homeless families from the west end of San Bernardino County and the east end of Los Angeles County. Includes information on services, program eligibility, how to help and events.
Franciscan Outreach Association
- Chicago, Illinois nonprofit providing overnight shelter for 250 homeless men and women, a soup kitchen, and case management services. Includes program description, donations needs, and volunteer opportunities.
Frontyard Youth Services
- A collection of services that work together to address the physical, emotional and social needs of young people aged up to 25 years who are homeless or at risk in the Melbourne, Australia area.
Harwich Ecumenical Council for the Homeless
- Organization formed by seven Harwich, Maine churches to serve homeless families. Provides prevention services, emergency shelter and low cost child care. Includes information on programs and helping.
- A nonprofit organization whose mission is to help those who are homeless and others in need become and remain self-reliant. Working in New York, New Jersey, Nevada, Pennsylvania, and Washington DC. Information covers services, events, and success stories.
- A network of shelters in California's Silicon Valley that provides emergency shelter options. Includes donation needs, volunteer and career opportunities, information on homelessness and events.
- Membership body for organisations and individuals working with homeless people around England. News, membership information, events, resources, training and links
- Offers compassion, shelter and hope for marginalised people, including the homeless, sex workers, counselling for gambling and training the unemployed.
Horizons for Homeless Children
- Nonprofit serving homeless children and their families by providing full-time child care in two Community Children's Centers, and building and maintaining playrooms in family shelters throughout Massachusetts. Includes information on programs, homelessness, helping, employment and events.
The House of Bread
- Provides the Greater Hartford, Connecticut area's poor with soup kitchen, food pantries, shelters, housing, support and educational programs.
I.M. Sulzbacher Center for the Homeless
- Jacksonville, Florida. Emergency shelter for homeless individuals and families providing health, dental, and vision care, case management, mental health services, children's program and other support services free of charge.
The Inn Between of Longmont, Colorado
- Nonprofit providing transitional housing, case management and support services for homeless individuals and families to help them achieve self-sufficiency. Includes information on funding, programs and services.
Inner City Christian Federation
- Grand Rapids based, nonprofit housing corporation providing emergency shelter, rental housing and home ownership support to families in Kent County, Michigan. Includes programs, how to help, events and newsletter.
The Institute for Human Services
- 24 hour emergency shelter with support services for men, women, and families with children in Oahu, Hawaii. Includes program descriptions, donation needs, and volunteer opportunities.
Inter-Faith Council for Social Service
- Nonprofit providing meals, shelter, transitional housing, health care and emergency services in Chapel Hill and Carrboro, North Carolina. Includes services, volunteer and job opportunities, and news.
Interfaith Shelter Network
- San Diego County based collaboration of religious, social service, and government entities providing shelter hosted rotating congregations and transitional housing for homeless victims of domestic violence and their families. Includes how to help and where to get help.
The Jeremiah Program
- Provides transitional housing and support services to single mothers and their children in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Includes information on services, and applying, volunteering.
Kalamazoo Housing Resources
- Provides family shelter, transitional housing for families, homeless prevention services, affordable housing and information and referral in Kalamazoo County, Michigan. Includes programs, how to help and information on the Walk for the Homeless.
La Puente Home
- Provides shelter, food, and support services in the San Luis Valley of Colorado. Includes volunteer opportunities, newsletters and links.
Long Beach Rescue Mission
- Long Beach, California charitable organization that offers food, shelter and spiritual guidance to homeless men, women and children. Includes information on homelessness, resources and links, programs, events and how to help.
The Mad Housers
- Atlanta, Georgia charity that provides shelter for homeless people by building huts (with roof, locking door, sleeping loft, and wood burning stove.) Includes blueprints, events, volunteer opportunities and donation needs.
Martha's Village & Kitchen
- A Coachella Valley, California organization providing meals, shelter and other services to homeless families and adults. Includes programs and services, statistics, news and information on employment and volunteering.
Meeting Ground Homeless Community
- Maryland based, Christian nonprofit providing emergency and transitional housing at Clairvoux Farm, Wayfarer's House and George Potter House, and homelessness prevention services. Includes newsletters, art and photo galleries, current needs and volunteer opportunities.
- Midnight Run is a consortium of more than 150 churches, synagogues, and schools in the Metropolitan New York area distributing clothing, blankets, toiletries and food to the homeless. Includes information on runs, schedule, resources and donation needs.
Mission Services of London
- London, Ontario, Canada based Christian charity providing providing shelter for men, women and children, addiction treatment and support services through the Rotholme Women's and Family Shelter, Men's Mission and Quintin Warner House. Include programs, video clips, and volunteer opportunities.
Mustard Seed Ministries
- Christian charity providing outreach, support and housing to street children in India. Includes programs, information on donating and links.
National Alliance to End Homelessness
- A nationwide federation of public, private, and nonprofit organizations devoted to ending homelessness. Includes discussion forum, fact sheets, calendar, best practices, links and other resources.
National Coalition for the Homeless
- National advocacy organization working to end homelessness. Provides information on homelessness and related issues, as well as links to local and state organizations.
New England Shelter for Homeless Veterans
- Boston nonprofit serving veterans who are homeless, unemployed or underemployed with housing, counseling, vocational training, living skills and health-related programs. Includes calendar, financial and program information, how to help and links.
New Haven Ministries
- Nonprofit providing family shelter, food and clothing in Mineral Wells, Texas.
New Hope Housing
- Alexandria, Virginia program for homeless families and individuals providing shelter, transitional housing and support services. Includes how to help, volunteer opportunities, and events.
NY Coalition for the Homeless
- Provides advocacy, youth services, housing, mobile soup kitchen, crisis intervention, voice mail and job training in New York. Includes information on programs, donating and homelessness.
Ottawa Innercity Ministries
- A Christian, urban ministry providing street outreach, drop in center, health care and community training on poverty and homelessness in Ottawa, Canada. Includes meditations, success stories, information on helping, articles on homelessness, an event calendar and other resources.
People Serving People
- Minneapolis, Minnesota nonprofit providing shelter and support services to homeless families. Includes family stories and information on giving, employment, internships and volunteering.
Perspectives Family Center
- St. Louis Park, Minnesota nonprofit providing transitional housing and support services to homeless and at risk families. Includes events, information on employment and volunteering, donation needs and newsletters.
Pike County Outreach Council of Churches
- Waverly, Ohio nonprofit providing emergency services and shelter. Includes how to help, services and success stories.
Pine Street Inn
- Emergency shelter for homeless women and men in Boston, Massachusetts.
Resource Information Service
- London based charity collecting, analysing and publishing information to enable better service delivery to people in need. Includes information on Internet and information systems for helping homeless and other clients, publications and links.
Salt Lake Community Action Program
- Nonprofit providing a variety of services aimed at helping low income people reach self-sufficiency, including homelessness prevention, transitional housing, employment services, food bank, Head Start and affordable housing referrals. Includes housing listings, programs, poverty data and welfare reform information.
Save the Family Foundation of Arizona
- Nonprofit providing transitional housing and supportive services to families with children. Includes events, information on thrift store, volunteering and donating, newsletter and news clips.
SEARCH Homeless Project
- Houston, Texas, nonprofit providing outreach, day shelter, health care, education, job training and housing programs. Includes program descriptions, how to help and events.
Shelter Association of Washtenaw County
- Ann Arbor, Michigan agency providing overnight shelter and support services to homeless adults. Includes programs, information on volunteering and donating and links.
- Nonprofit providing housing and support services for families and individuals in the San Francisco Bay Area. Includes success stories, newsletter, how to help, and employment opportunities.
Shelter of Flint
- Flint, Michigan program providing emergency shelter, transitional housing and outreach services. Includes programs, news, events and career opportunities.
Simpson Housing Services, Inc.
- Provides shelter, transitional housing and support services to individuals and families in Minneapolis and Hennepin County, Minnesota. Includes information on programs, volunteer opportunities, donation needs and homelessness.
- Collects shoe donations for the homeless in Thousand Oaks, California. Includes background, hot to help and drop off sites.
Solutions at Work
- Provides transitional assistance including employment, furniture bank and moving services, children's clothing exchange, and advocacy in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Includes programs, volunteer and donation needs, events and news.
St. Anthony Foundation
- San Francisco nonprofit providing shelter, housing, meals, medical care, clothing and furniture, rehabilitation services, and senior services. Includes information on jobs, volunteering and donating.
Transition Projects, Inc.
- The largest provider of shelter and care for homeless, single adults in the Portland, Oregon metropolitan area.
The Urban Ministries of Wake County
- Provides food, shelter, medical and dental care, emergency assistance, counseling and support services in North Carolina. Includes program descriptions.
- New York, New York nonprofit serving homeless men and women through a range of programs including outreach, drop-in centers, supportive housing, vocational and educational services, and chemical dependency and mental health support. Includes job opportunities, how to help and events.
Warm Wishes, Inc.
- Nonprofit distributing warm winter clothing to homeless people in the San Francisco Bay Area and New York City. Includes news, events and how to help.
- Los Angeles, California nonprofit providing shelter, transitional housing, case management, chemical dependency services, education and employment support, and recuperative care. Includes program descriptions, how to obtain services, internship and volunteer opportunities, calendar, photographs, and resources on homelessness and poverty.
Welcome House of Northern Kentucky
- Nonprofit providing shelter and supportive services for people who are homeless or living in poverty in Northern Kentucky. Includes news and articles, programs, how to get involved and calendar.
Women In Need, Inc.
- New York agency providing transitional and permanent supportive housing, chemical dependency treatment, employment and education services, children's services and homelessness intervention for women and children. Includes events, how to help and programs.
Women's Daytime Drop-In Center
- Berkeley, California nonprofit providing meals, referral, and other support services for homeless women and children. Includes volunteer and contact information.
Youth Without Shelter
- Provides emergency shelter, day shelter, art program and support services for youth ages 16-24 in Etobicoke, Ontario. Includes how to get help, newsletter, programs and donation needs.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 10, 2016 at 9:26:00 UTC -