become an editor
the entire directory
only in Grant-Making_Foundations/Environmental
Science: Environment: Organizations
Society: Issues: Environment: Organizations
Alaska Conservation Foundation
- Receives and awards grants throughout the state to protect ecosystems and promote sustainable livelihoods. Describes grant programs and training and internship opportunities.
- A non-profit organization supporting California State Parks by acquiring land for the Anza-Borrego Desert State Park through donation or by purchase from willing sellers.
- Funds US advocacy organizations working in human health and the environment, or in "key states". Provides grant guidelines and application, with annual reports and lists of recent grantees.
The Brainerd Foundation
- Foundation dedicated to protecting the environment of the Pacific Northwest. Web site describes its support of grassroots-oriented projects in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Alaska, British Columbia, and the Yukon Territory.
- Funds environmental organizations in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, British Columbia, western Montana (including the Rocky Mountain range), and coastal Alaska from Cook Inlet to the Canadian border. Describes application process, and lists previous grantees.
Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund
- Funds nongovernmental groups working in biodiversity "hotspots". They list recent grants, with application guidelines, and provide fact sheets and other resources about their target regions.
The Curtis and Edith Munson Foundation
- Supports conservation projects in North America and the Caribbean, focusing on fisheries and reefs. Describes funding criteria and application process, staff backgrounds, and previous grants.
- Mission is to assist in the nation's transition to a sustainable energy future by promoting energy efficiency and renewable energy
Environmental Grantmakers Association
- Voluntary association of foundations and giving programs concerned with the protection of the natural environment. Information about programs, publications and membership.
George Gund Foundation
- Environmental grants focused locally in the Cleveland area, and regionally in Ohio and the Great Lakes Basisn
Great Lakes Protection Fund
- Supports collaborative actions to improve the health of the Great Lakes ecosystem
The Heinz Endowments
- Comprises two private foundations sharing a mission to help southwestern Pennsylvania thrive economically, ecologically, educationally and culturally. Includes history, staff list, and information about programs and grants.
The Helios Environmental Resource Network
- Provides small grants (500-1000)to 501(c)3 non-profit organizations working to promote the ecological and economic sustainability of the Pacific Northwest, with special attention given to projects and organizations in Western Oregon.
The Humane Earth Foundation
- Swiss group which focuses on environmental protection and biodiversity, as well as food safety and access to health care. Describes grant application and review process, with lists of grantees. [English/French]
Jessie Smith Noyes Foundation
- Environmental grantmaking areas includes Toxics, Sustainable Agriculture, Sustainable Communities, and Metropolitan New York City
The Lazar Foundation
- Funding innovative and strategic projects that protect the environment in the Pacific Northwest. Includes grant guidelines, application and reporting forms, and current grantees.
National Fish and Wildlife Foundation
- A collaborative effort between the NFWF, BLM, the FS, BOR and Trout Unlimited to restore the health of riverine systems and their native species.
New England Forestry Foundation
- Nonprofit group promotes the conservation and sustainable management of private and municipal forests in the region. Includes mission statement, staff directory and contribution information.
- Makes grants to strengthen communities, prevent the use of toxics, and link environmental justice with economic justice
The Reef Ball Foundation
- Non-profit organization dedicated to making new aquatic habitats by helping folks build Reef Ball artificial reefs and teaching about the value of natural reefs.
Rose Foundation for Communities and the Environment
- California. Nurtures positive interactions between communities, the environment and the economy through grantmaking, research and advocacy. Gives grant guidelines and information on donor-directed funds and fiscal sponsor services.
Temper of the Times Foundation
- US. Promotes use of standard marketing concepts to increase environmental awareness. Gives application guidelines and procedures, with information on previous grantees.
Town Creek Foundation
- Seeks a healthy environment, an informed society, and a peaceful world. The Foundation is committed to achieving its mission through public education, citizen action, and advocacy.
Whole Systems Foundation
- Provides grants for environmental education and sustainability efforts. Integrated overview of environmental sustainability concerns.
Wray and Todd Interests
- Provides application guidelines and list of grantees for Magnolia Charitable Trust, focusing on protecting Texas habitat and wildlife. Also provides historical information on Wray Charitable Trust funding on Texas and Mexico environmental issues.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 13, 2014 at 5:45:06 UTC -