become an editor
the entire directory
only in Grant-Making_Foundations/Education
Open Directory - Society: Philanthropy: Grants: Grant-Making Foundations: Education
Reference: Education: Colleges and Universities: Financial Aid
Reference: Education: K through 12: Supplemental Funding: Grants
Reference: Education: Organizations
Society: Law: Education: Scholarships and Grants
The Ball Foundation
- Provides research and development tools for educational systems throughout the US such as aptitude battery tests; features include information on career and education initiatives, tools and techniques and partnerships.
The Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy
- Funds family literacy programs in the US. Recent press releases, general resources on literacy programs, and overviews of funded state programs.
Belgian American Educational Foundation
- Fellowships for Belgians to study or do research in the U.S.A. or for Americans to study or do research in Belgium. Also offers an Alumni Award.
- Established to make increased educational opportunities for club management possible.
Deep Roots Inc. Scholarship Fund
- Provides scholarships for individual secondary education students in Namibia. Describes needs, selection process, and past recipients.
Eastern European Peoples Foundation
- The Foundation was created to establish a scholarship program for the financially needy students of Eastern Europe. The Foundation is a non-profit, tax exempt, charitable organization.
The J & M Foundation
- Primarily funds higher education in the US and Israel. Lists grantees and provides application.
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation
- US. Provides information and application materials for grants and scholarships for high school and college students.
James Madison Memorial Fellowship Foundation
- The Foundation offers James Madison Fellowships to a select group of individuals desiring to become outstanding teachers of the American Constitution.
James S. Kemper Foundation
- Focuses on small, private undergraduate colleges, with a particular emphasis on liberal arts education and its relationship to careers in business. Provides guidelines and annual report.
Jesse Owens Foundation
- Financial assistance to students attending Ohio State University. Provides application forms and requirements of participants, as well as information on Owens.
- Netherlands-based organization works with Tanzanian communities to improve primary education infrastructure, as well as provide scholarships for secondary vocational education. Describes methodology and volunteers, with progress reports from communities.
Kapadia Education Foundation
- A philanthropic organization founded for the purpose of helping underprivileged students in underdeveloped countries obtain a secular college education in their home countries through direct involvement between a sponsor/mentor and a student.
Lumina Foundation for Education
- Focuses on education after high school, including community colleges, adult education, and lifelong learning. Describes granting guidelines, with research reports and news.
Mannix Canby Foundation
- Funds nonprofits and schools helping the at-risk and under-served youth of Puget Sound, Washington. Describes funding criteria and lists past recipients.
NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- This association promotes the exchange of students and scholars to and from the US by offering awards and scholarships.
National Endowment for Financial Education
- Foundation dedicated to the mission of helping all Americans acquire the information and gain the skills necessary to take control of their personal finances. Offers grants and fellowships.
The NEA Foundation for the Improvement of Education
- Grants to public schools and employees for professional development, teacher retention, arts education, and improving achievement for minority students. Describes each program's requirements and provides publications of research.
Society of Manufacturing Engineers Education Foundation
- Provides grants and scholarships to students and others who support their mission.
The Teagle Foundation
- Supports new thinking in higher education, including liberal arts and assessment and measurement, as well as funding social programs in New York City. Describes programs, staff and directors, and history.
Thurgood Marshall Scholarship Fund
- Established to help students wishing to attend one of the 38 historically black public colleges and universities.
University of Minnesota Foundation
- Advances the University's mission by raising and managing private dollars for scholarships, world-class faculty, leading-edge research, new facilities, and academic programs.
William T. Grant Foundation
- Working to create a society that values young people and enables them to reach their full potential. It pursues this goal by investing in research and in people and projects that use evidence-based approaches.
The Woodrow Wilson National Fellowship Foundation
- Independent, nonprofit organization, attempts to maximize human potential through education. The Foundation seeks to sponsor excellence in education and thus develop a new generation of leaders.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Friday, July 27, 2012 6:15:04 AM EDT -