become an editor
the entire directory
only in Grant-Making_Foundations/By_Region
Open Directory - Society: Philanthropy: Grants: Grant-Making Foundations: By Region
Society: Philanthropy: Grants: Grant-Making Foundations: Community Foundations
AGFUND (Arab Gulf Programme for United Nations Development Organizations)
- Supports development programs in the region, emphasizing health, education, and organizational capacity building. Lists recent recipients, details the internal structure, and provides application forms. [English/Arabic]
- US-based foundation which support social service projects in Turkey. Gives contact information and application requirements.
Foundation François-Xavier Bagnoud
- Private foundation which funds community projects in Valais, Switzerland, human rights research, and an aerospace prize, as well as FXB, an international AIDS relief organization. They describe their founding and key programs. [English/French]
Foundation Marc de Montalbert
- Promotes cultural projects for the opening up of young people from the Mediterranean region. Describes objectives and gives grant application. [English/French/Italian]
French American Charitable Trust (FACT)
- Supports non-profit organizations in the United States and in France working on root causes of poverty and inequality with an emphasis on the active grassroots participation. Describes grantmaking strategy and lists recent grantees.
- (Formerly the Zululand Churches Health and Welfare Association.) Funds community projects promoting education, health, and income generation in South Africa, particularly Kwa Zulu Natal. Lists the Trust's history, grants, fundraising events and activities.
King Baudouin Foundation
- Belgium. Funding areas include civic engagement, health, poverty and migration, primarily in Europe. They list recent projects and calls for proposals, with information on staff and finances [French/German/English/Dutch]
- Scholarships and grants for development projects in Portugal. Describes funding priorities and granting programs. [English/Portuguese]
- Silesia. Supporting and promoting society, culture, and science, and cooperation Central and Eastern Europe. Describes programs and provides cultural and regional journals.[Polish/English/German/French/Russian]
The Eurasia Foundation
- Funds programs that build democratic and free market institutions in the twelve New Independent States (NIS) of the former Soviet Union - Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan.
The Eurasia Foundation, Russian Far East Office
- Promotes the advancement of democratic institutions and private enterprise. Describes goals and grantmaking criteria. [Russian/English]
The Ireland Funds
- A worldwide network of people of Irish ancestry and friends raising funds to support programs of peace, arts, education, and community development in Ireland. Describes projects and local fundraising groups.
The Paul Hamlyn Foundation
- The Foundation has four priority areas of funding - the arts, education, publishing and overseas projects, which are mainly concentrated in India.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, November 24, 2008 1:16:48 AM EST -