become an editor
the entire directory
only in Philanthropy/Disaster_Relief_and_Recovery
Disaster Relief and Recovery
Open Directory - Society: Philanthropy: Disaster Relief and Recovery
Ananda Marga Universal Relief Team
Red Cross and Red Crescent
Science: Earth Sciences: Natural Disasters and Hazards
Science: Environment: Energy: Petroleum in the Environment: Oil Spills: Deepwater Horizon: Volunteering
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Weapons: Landmines
Society: Philanthropy: International Aid and Development
World: Deutsch: Gesellschaft: Sicherheit: Zivilschutz: Technisches Hilfswerk Deutschland
This category in other languages:
- Agency for Technical Cooperation and Development is an international non-governmental organisation working in 16 countries with a regional approach to crisis situations.
Air Serv International
- Humanitarian relief organization that provides air transportation exclusively to the global humanitarian community. Online newsroom, field reports, contact and donations information.
- Provides news and communications services to international disaster relief organisations and the public. From the Reuters Foundation.
- Relief organization provides domestic and international assistance. Programs listed by country, photo galleries, press releases and donation information.
CRASH: Christian Relief Assistance Support and Hope
- National network of Christians in Japan that equips and informs Christian volunteers. News on disasters, volunteer projects and how to donate.
Center for International Disaster Information
- Relief group presents information on current areas of disaster and their actions to help. News and articles.
Center of Excellence in Disaster Management & Humanitarian Assistance
- Established to prevent and mitigate humanitarian emergencies through collaboration and civil-military cooperation. Program details, faq section, newsletters and daily news feed.
Chernobyl Children's Project International
- Organization helps the families and communities that suffer from the Chernobyl nuclear disaster of 1986. Information on medical and community development programs, volunteer opportunities and sponsorship.
Church World Service Indonesia
- Details of the relief work this group is doing. News,gallery and documents.
Churches of Christ Disaster Relief
- Covers current and past disaster relief activities of this Christian charity.
Disaster Resources - Helping Disaster Victims
- University of Illinois presents information on preparing for, surviving, and helping in disasters.
Disaster Response and Reconstruction
- Blog of Arwin Soelaksono on his work in reconstruction works at disaster affected areas. In this blog he put the lessons learned and best practices on massive housing reconstruction.
ELCA Disaster Response
- Evangelical Lutheran Church in America disaster information center. News of current hot spots and ongoing church relief efforts.
- Non-profit organization supplying specialist maps to aid agencies, and mapping humanitarian hotspots. Features live and proposed projects, photographs, and online donation facility.
- Providing relief work ( search and rescue, and medical) in natural and man-made disasters. Projects, volunteer opportunities, donation information.
Grenada Relief Fund
- Morgan Freeman's foundation to help rebuild Grenada after the hurricanes of 2004 and 2005. Information on this island nation, press, donations.
- Donations, comments and latest news on Gujarat earthquake.
Humanitarian Resource Institute
- Links to guides on preparing for natural disasters - earthquake, fire, flood, hurricane, and volcano. Links to other humanitarian sites and an interfaith news page with links for the major religions.
IP Employee Relief Fund
- International Paper company relief program for company employees who are victims of disaster.
International Foundation for Terror Act Victims
- Charity raising funds to help the children affected by Beslan terror act. Information on the foundation, past projects and their mission.
International Relief Teams
- Dedicated to organizing volunteer teams to provide medical and non-medical assistance to victims of disaster and poverty. Newsletter, achievements, volunteer programs and donation information.
- International humanitarian aid agency providing help for populations affected by natural disasters or conflict. Details of past and present projects.
Mennonite Disaster Service
- Volunteer network responding to those affected by disasters in Canada and the United States. History, FAQ, projects, programs, and news.
Mercy Airlift International
- A non-profit humanitarian aid organization providing emergency relief response to victims of natural disasters and complex emergencies worldwide. Current programs, volunteering and donation information.
- A relief and development organization working in Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Asia; delivering relief aid, and creating long-term development projects alongside local partners. Activities, donation and employment information.
National Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (NVOAD)
- NVOAD coordinates planning efforts by many voluntary organizations responding to disaster.
New Hampshire Disaster Animal Response Team
- New Hampshire Disaster Animal Response Team (NH-DART) provides a coordinated effort in the preparation, prevention, response, and recovery phases for any disasters or significant public emergencies involving animals.
New York Rescue Workers Detoxification Project
- The New York Rescue Workers Detoxification Project works to restore quality of life to persons suffering from toxic exposures at the World Trade Center.
Next Of Kin Registry
- Missing persons can be registered. Also has an "I'm safe now" forum.
Operation Playground - Rebuilding Children's Playgrounds
- Non-profit organization helping world communities rebuild playgrounds devastated by natural disasters.
Presbyterian Disaster Assistance
- Providing a ministry of relief and response to national and international disasters, aid to refugees and displaced persons, refugee resettlement, and efforts toward development. FAQ and donation information.
- A non-profit organisation aimed at resolving issues relating to environmental and livelihood security, particularly at the community level.
RedR - Engineers for Disaster Relief
- RedR relieves suffering in disasters by selecting, training and providing competent and effective personnel to humanitarian aid agencies world-wide.
Rescue Task Force
- Describes this non-profit non-denominational volunteer organization providing humanitarian relief, medical and dental and livestock delivery in isolated regions and natural and man made disasters. Volunteer projects described.
Satern Health and Welfare Information Request Form
- Form from the Salvation Army Team Emergency Radio Network to request help in finding missing persons in times of disaster.
Solidarites - International Humanitarian Aid Organisation
- A humanitarian organisation based in France which aids war victims through emergency relief and rehabilitation. Site in French and English.
St. David's Relief Foundation
- Provides tangible humanitarian aid to the hundreds of thousands of people displaced by the devastating war in Bosnia and Croatia. The aid is distributed in areas of need without regard to race, ethnic, national, or religious persuasion.
Student Advocacy for Equitable Recovery (SAFER)
- Volunteer group helps rebuilds homes and offers volunteer opportunities in recovery efforts in New Orleans.
THW (Technisches Hilfswerk) is a Governmental disaster relief organization
- Governmental disaster relief organization of the Federal Republic of Germany. Its statutory tasks include the provision of technical assistance at home and humanitarian aid abroad. (in German and English)
The Disaster Center
- Covers issues relating to the terrorist attacks in New York and D.C. in September 2001. Provides predictions and updates on natural disasters, chat, news and articles.
Toast To Peace
- An international music project, a kind of European Band Aid, conceived to help the landmines victims in Bosnia.
United Methodist Committee on Relief
- Not-for-profit international humanitarian aid organization providing relief from hunger and disasters, and teaching peace. Refugee assistance, emergency kits, news.
World Wide Disaster Relief by His Glory
- Christian organization of volunteers trained to search for and rescue people of nations hit with disasters, aid in recovery from their destruction, and help them with their needs.
New York Times - Teaching Americans What Haiti Needs: Money
- Nonprofit groups rarely look a gift horse in the mouth, but there has been an unprecedented effort to teach Americans what not to give. (January 20, 2010)
Health Beat - Detoxification Clinic Offers Hope for WTC Responders
- News of a detox program that is helping WTC firefighters overcome the after-effects of toxic exposure from their relief efforts. (April 18, 2003)
Disaster Relief and Recovery
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:40:13 AM EDT -