the entire directory
only in Philanthropy/Child_Welfare
Cheer and Support
Children and Youth Services
Orphans and Orphanages
One Laptop per Child
Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family: Child Poverty
Society: Organizations: Welfare
Society: People: Generations and Age Groups: Youth: Organizations
This category in other languages:
United Nations Children's Fund
- Works for the survival, development and protection of children, guided in its programs by the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
- Aims to provide a nurturing temporary group home for difficult to place foster children. Helps children with their fears and discomfort in times of change. A St. Louis based non-profit organization.
Asociacion Casa Guatemala
- An shelter in Guatemala for orphaned, abandoned, or abused children. Information about their activities, projects and supporters. Includes details of their needs, and on volunteering.
Clothes Helping Kids
- Organization that collects clothing and uses the proceeds to fund grants to Save the Children and community-based organizations.
Educate the Children
- Conducts educational and community development projects in Nepal.
Foundation for the Children
- Small organization describes its educational projects for disadvantaged children in South America.
Friends Orphanage Project
- An evangelical Christian ministry of Cornertone Miracle Center Church which seeks to provide for the basic needs of AIDS/HIV orphaned children in Uganda. Statement of faith and photograph gallery included.
Help Afghan School Children Org.
- Helping new Afghan returnees from Pakistan and Iran to send their children into school.
- A charity supporting AIDS orphans in Africa. Includes news, projects, FAQ, and related information.
Jyoti Children's Development Foundation, Inc.
- Supports and educates handicapped children in India.
Michael and Susan Dell foundation
- Seeks out opportunities to support or develop programs that address our five essential focus areas: children’s health, education, safety, youth development and early childhood care.
Newborns in Need
- Organized to care of sick and needy babies and their families.
- An unofficial organization through high schools across America that is dedicated to various acts of service to children worldwide. Promote activities such as sponsoring children, creating a correspondence with them, and raising money for victims of natural disasters.
Right to Play
- Organization working with volunteers and partners to use sport and play to enhance child development in areas of disadvantage. Fund raising, gallery, links, list of athletes, auction.
Save the Children
- An international children's charity based in the UK which supports both emergency and long-term relief and development projects. Site offers information about areas of activity, giving, events, and current projects.
Serving Our World
- Providing care to orphan and abandoned children in developing countries, with current projects in East Timor and Thailand.
Shoes for Orphan Souls
- Non-profit organization formed to collect and distribute new shoes and medicine for children around the world. Includes background, and donation information.
Shoes That Fit
- Provides new shoes and clothing for school to children in need in the United States. Includes a newsletter, documents, volunteer opportunities, news and FAQ.
Stand For Children
- Building a powerful, grassroots citizen voice to ensure all children have the opportunity to grow up healthy, educated, and safe.
US Fund for UNICEF
- Works for the survival, protection, and development of all children worldwide through education, advocacy, and fundraising.
- Children's charity helping disabled children throughout the UK. Kids charity providing mobility aids (wheelchairs, walking aids) to kids.
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 17, 2012 at 11:54:49 UTC -