the entire directory
only in Philanthropy/Cheer_and_Support
Cheer and Support
Arts: Crafts: For Charity
Health: Child Health: Support
This category in other languages:
Angels for Hope
- Crocheted angels available free of charge to those who are severely injured or chronically ill. Request an angel, help crochet them for others, or find out how to donate supplies.
Ashlee's Toy Closet
- Organization created to assist children after they have been affected by natural disasters.
Believe In Tomorrow: National Children's Foundation
- Nonprofit offers unique programs for critically ill children and families, including retreat housing, Hands On Adventures, and pain and distraction therapy.
- Provides free and private webspace for people dealing with serious illnesses.
- A non-profit organization offering free, easy-to-create web sites to help connect friends and family for support during a health crisis or recovery.
Challenge Air for Kids
- Offers unique aviation experiences for physically challenged children and youth. [Texas]
- Volunteer support group for people undergoing chemotherapy. Links, news and patient information.
The Circle of Care Foundation
- Provides support to children with cancer and their families at the initial time of hospitalization. Currently offers programs in Connecticut.
- Collects children's drawings for distribution in nursing homes and via Meals on Wheels programs. Includes coloring pages.
- Outreach program designed to bring dance, drama, music and art to children battling cancer and other life threatening illnesses during their hospital stay. [California]
- Laurel Latto donates inspirational art to willing cancer clinics. Provides contact information for the request process.
Dreams On Wings
- Provides the thrill of flying to children facing serious illnesses and their families. Includes forms, pictures, sponsors, and contact information. [Alabama]
Earth Angel Foundation
- Sends children with life threatening illnesses on dream vacations. [Ohio]
Flashes of Hope
- Non-profit that creates special photographs of children fighting cancer or other life threatening illness. Includes a gallery of patients, artists involved, support, chapter information, and donations. [Ohio]
- Offers free computers, Internet access, and technical support to children with cancer and other serious illnesses.
Hope for Henry Foundation
- A foundation providing special gifts of consumer electronics to children hospitalized with life-threatening diseases.
Horses for Hope
- Nonprofit organization that provides free horseback riding lessons and opportunities to children afflicted with cancer and their families. [Michigan]
Hugs and Hope
- Charity offering support to families of critically ill children through happy mail, elf project, and parent pals. Includes information about diseases, volunteers, store, and mission statement.
The Jared Box Project
- Boxes filled with toys are given to chronically-ill children to provide a special diversion as they receive chemotherapy or dialysis treatments. [Pennsylvania]
A Kid Again
- Provides continuing support and lasting memories for children and adolescents with life threatening illness and their families. Pictures from past events, how to help, and a newsletter. [Ohio]
Kids That Care
- Variety of programs to improve the lives of children with cancer and other life-threatening illnesses throughout South Florida.
- Organization that provides toys, computers, special events, tickets, and celebrity meets for children in local hospitals, hospices and shelters. [Florida]
Make A Child Smile
- Features different children each month who have chronic or life-threatening illnesses and asks visitors to send cards/gifts to cheer them up.
Mikey's Way Foundation
- Provides pediatric patients with electronic toys and computers. Includes information, pictures, letters and fundraising events.
- Dedicated to serving children who have lost or will lose a mother by keeping alive traditions and memories.
- Coordinates the collection and distribution of toys and other items for Iraqi children.
Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation
- Provides comfort and distraction by giving away donated toys to children undergoing treatment for cancer.
Photos Of Love
- Charitable program that provides professional photographs of children and adults who are experiencing life threatening illnesses. [Kansas]
- An organization that hand makes blankets for critically ill children, includes how to get involved and local contacts. [Colorado]
- Northwest Atlanta Chapter provides hand-made blankets for traumatized or sick children in the tradition of the security blanket-toting tot of the Peanuts comic strip. [Georgia]
- Non-denominational, not-for-profit organization providing numerous free programs and services to children with cancer, AIDS, and other life-threatening illnesses.
Room to Dream Foundation
- Creates healing environments in hospitals, communities, and homes for children and adolescents who are facing chronic illnesses.
- Non-profit organization that promotes joy, love, and hope for children and their families in long term pediatric care, hospice, or bereavement. Contact information provided.
Second Wind Dreams
- Mission is to grant a dream to those living in eldercare communities or in hospice care. Provides stories, ways to help, and contact information.
Songs of Love Foundation
- Non profit organization that provides a personalized song for children and young adults with life threatening illness.
Starlight Children's Foundation
- Provide entertainment, education and family activities for seriously ill children in the United States and their families.
Starlight Children's Foundation Mid-Atlantic
- Dedicated to lifting the spirits of seriously ill children through a variety of innovative programs, services, and events.
Starlight Children's Foundation Australia
- Dedicated to brighting the lives of seriously ill and hospitalised children and their families by using positive distraction.
Starlight Children's Foundation Canada
- Organization enhances the lives of children and their families by wish granting, programs, and audiovisual entertainment in pediatric hospitals.
Starlight Children's Foundation: NY NJ CT
- Lifts the spirits of seriously ill children and their loved ones through a variety of innovative programs, services and events. Includes stories, store, and a parents reference guide.
TLC for Angels
- Crafters who knit caps, afghans, booties, dress, gowns, and other items for hospitalized preemies, infants, and seriously ill children.
Youth Cancer Trust
- Provides free holidays for young people diagnosed with cancer or any life threatening disease. [UK]
Cheer and Support
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 26, 2015 at 12:27:36 UTC -