become an editor
the entire directory
only in Women's_Studies/Performers_and_Speakers
Performers and Speakers
Business: Business Services: Communications: Public Speaking
National Women's History Project - Women's History Performers
- Listing of U.S. women's history performers, by region as well as those who will travel nationally.
- Theater for Social Change, produced by Cathy Plourde.
Cathy Fink and Marcy Marxer
- Official home page for world renowned performers Cathy Fink and Marcy Marxer. Concerts and workshops representing women in country music and songs of working women, for kids and adults.
- American actress/playwright/teacher Connie Clark has been performing and teaching as the brilliant 19th century American poet Emily Dickinson since 1981. In 1987 she added the extraordinary French actress Sarah Bernhardt to her solo-performance repertoire.
- Faculty member and Director of Graduate Programs in Human Resource Development at Vanderbilt University. In addition to presenting workshops on management issues, she sings her way through "A Woman's Voice: A Musical History of Women and Work in the 20th Century."
Hilary Lips: Women's Studies & Center for Gender Studies
- Psychology Professor, Director, author of several books, numerous research articles and national, international lecturer and consultant at Radford University
Jamie Anderson, singer-songwriter-comic
- For fans and those new to Jamie Anderson's contemporary folk music. Jamie's work focuses on many topics, including those of interest to women: body image, sexuality and health issues.
- Feminist Liberation Theologian and Minister, Jann Aldredge-Clanton, Ph.D., helps individuals and faith communities to deepen their spiritual experience.
- Kilbourne is internationally recognized for her pioneering work on alcohol and tobacco advertising and the image of women in advertising.
Jodi F. Solomon, Speakers Bureau
- Speakers on a wide range of topics about women's issues and cultural awareness.
Journey on the Appalachian Trail
- Ellen Wolfe finished as the first woman thru-hiker in 1997. Through motivating stories and slides, she speaks about her 4 months and 23 day adventure on the 2,160-mile Appalachian Trail. Her journey, Hike For Healing, raised $10,000 for breast cancer research.
The many faces of Jane Curry
- Jane Curry is an author, storyteller, performer, and recovering academic with a knack for provoking both thought and laughter with her one-woman shows. Since 1983, she has traveled with her various personae to forty-six states, Israel and Japan and is available for single-show events, multiple-show tours, and residencies. Written and performed with a sense of history and humor, the four shows described address themes of women's history and gender equity.
Queen Bee Productions
- A traveling professional theatre group producing works that promote equity for women.
Suppressed Histories Archives
- International women's studies -- priestesses, witch hunts, women drummers, weavers, liberators, indigenous history, racism and patriarchy -- in Max Dashu's articles and slide series.
Voices of Africa Choral and Percussion Ensemble
- All female percussion and choral ensemble that blends a cappella singing with traditional African percussions. Offers cultural performances and workshops.
- The Weddington Center is the base for the professional activities of Sarah Weddington and provides support for her speaking, conference teaching, and writing activities. It also provides the umbrella for a variety of collaborative endeavors.
Women in History
- Women in History, a non-profit organization, was founded in 1991 by Sophia Mastrandreas-Dadas, former historian for the city of Norwood, Ohio and group of women from Lakewood, Ohio. Women in History brings American stories to life through the voices of such noted women as Annie Oakley, Marian Anderson, Susan B. Anthony, Mary McLeod Bethune, Margaret Bourke-White, Rachel Carson, Isadora Duncan, Amelia Earhart, Maria Mitchell, Eleanor Roosevelt, Ida Wells Barnett, Hariet Tubman, plus 60 others. Each one-hour program includes two portrayals, audience interaction.
- Live multimedia programs dealing with the issues of violence against Women performed by Nancy Hulse.
Performers and Speakers
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 20, 2015 at 7:45:05 UTC -