become an editor
the entire directory
only in Science_and_Technology/Computers_and_Internet
Science and Technology
Computers and Internet
Open Directory - Society: People: Women: Science and Technology: Computers and Internet
Web Design and Development
Hopper, Grace Murray
Society: Issues: Science and Technology: Computers
Society: People: Women: On the Web
ACM Committee on Women in Computing
- Celebrates, informs and supports women in computing, and works with the ACM-W community of computer scientists, educators, employers and policy makers to improve working and learning environments for women.
Center for Women & Information Technology
- The Center for Women and Information Technology at the University of Maryland Baltimore County
- Seeks to balance and diversify the Debian Project by actively engaging with interested women and encouraging them to become more involved with Debian (Linux distribution).
Gender Issues with Computers
- News articles highlighting the role of gender with computers.
- A nonprofit organization located in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. It is run by female volunteers only. They encourage women to crash computers and to put them all back together again. Preferably with an improved installation.
- Getting girls interested in computers. Include tips and links.
ICT Gender Awards
- Awards for projects by women using ICT's for the promotion of gender equality and/or women's empowerment.
Recruiting Girls and Women to Technology
- About efforts in California to raise the percentage of women in computer programming training.
- An informal organization for technical women in computing.
The Ada Project
- Provides resources for women in computer science; job hunting resources and grant information.
The Eclectic Tech Carnival
- A gathering of women interested in technology. The week-long carnival includes workshops on installing open source and free software, looking at Linux, building websites, other chat and conferencing software.
WIT - Women in Information Technology
- A network of members in Queensland focussed on the advancement of women in technology industries.
Women In Technology
- Originally founded by Jerry McDonough at the School of Information Management and Systems, the site has morphed somewhat over the years, and now also covers science, research, engineering, and other technology-related fields, but has tried to stay true to Jerry's original vision.
Women's Internet Council
- The resource clearinghouse for RAIN Network's Women's Internet Council.
Women-Related Lists for Internet Information
- Email lists that focus on the internet and cyberculture.
- Providing local, national and international leadership for women in computing.
Computers and Internet
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Saturday, February 20, 2010 11:34:25 PM EST -