the entire directory
only in Women/Science_and_Technology
Science and Technology
Computers and Internet
Science: Science in Society
Society: Issues: Science and Technology
Women-Related Science/Technology Sites
- Extensive and frequently updated, Includes articles, sites, and projects concerned with information technology
4000 Years of Women in Science
- Lists names from our scientific and technical past.
- The Athena SWAN Charter is a recognition scheme for UK universities and their science, engineering and technology (SET) departments. It aims to assist the recruitment, retention and progression of women in SET.
The Daphne Jackson Trust
- Enables scientists, engineers and IT specialists to return to work in the UK after a career break.
- Site intended for girls that highlights opportunities in engineering careers in the United States. Includes links, profiles of women engineers, and interactive features.
European Platform of Women Scientists
- The European Platform of Women Scientists will give European women scientists a voice in the research policy debate. The aim is to promote the understanding of the gender issue in science.
The Gender Chip Project
- "The Gender Chip Project" documentary and companion materials designed to assist teachers, parents and mentors who are encouraging girls to the pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
- Career site for women in information technology, providing access to jobs, mentors, training and career development resources to help techy women get ahead.
Girls Go Tech
- Encourages girls to become interested in math, science, and technology. Also contains games, careers information, and other resources.
Institute for Women in Trades, Technology & Science
- Dedicated to integrating women into nontraditional careers by providing training/technical assistance to the education system and employers.
Mums in Science
- A portal for busy mothers who work or have worked in any aspect of science.
- A paper zine published by women who stand outside the social norm. Includes issue excerpts and publication information.
Women and Girls Tech Up
- Encourages women and girls and the organizations which serve them to use technology to share ideas, opinions, support, creativity and political action.
Women and Science
- An EU initiative for research by, for, and about women. Part of the Socio-Economic Knowledge Base and Improving the Human Research Potential programs.
Women in Technology International
- WITI - support and services for women in business and technology.
Women in Technology Project
- Vermont Technical College's project to encourage young women in middle school and high school to study math, science and technology. Lots of links.
Women of NASA
- Profiles, events, archives.
Women on Women
- A support group for women in science.
- A project of the National Academy of Sciences intended for young people; aims to showcase the accomplishments of contemporary women in science.
Women-Related Science/Technology Email Lists
- Frequently-updated, annotated listing of women-related e-mail lists that focus on science and/or technology.
WomenTechWorld - the Women's Technician Club
- Forum for women in technology and trade careers to network with other women technicians and/or employers – offering job listings, e-mentoring, biographies of women role models and an email discussion group.
Is the Glass Half Full?
- Women in science. From Scientific American. (April 27, 1998)
Science and Technology
" search on:
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 18, 2015 at 5:15:03 UTC -