the entire directory
only in Women/Science_and_Technology
Science and Technology
Open Directory - Society: People: Women: Science and Technology
Computers and Internet
Science: Science in Society
Society: Issues: Science and Technology
Women-Related Science/Technology Sites
- Extensive and frequently updated, Includes articles, sites, and projects concerned with information technology
4000 Years of Women in Science
- Lists names from our scientific and technical past.
- The Athena SWAN Charter is a recognition scheme for UK universities and their science, engineering and technology (SET) departments. It aims to assist the recruitment, retention and progression of women in SET.
- Site intended for girls that highlights opportunities in engineering careers in the United States. Includes links, profiles of women engineers, and interactive features.
European Platform of Women Scientists
- The European Platform of Women Scientists will give European women scientists a voice in the research policy debate. The aim is to promote the understanding of the gender issue in science.
Gender, Science, and Technology Gateway
- Global web portal presented by the UN Commission on Science and Technology for Development (UNCSTD). Resources, publications, and policy recommendations pertaining to sustainable development.
- Career site for women in information technology, providing access to jobs, mentors, training and career development resources to help techy women get ahead.
Girls Go Tech
- Encourages girls to become interested in math, science, and technology. Also contains games, careers information, and other resources.
Global Alliance for Diversifying the Science and Engineering Workforce
- United States government initiative for increasing the participation of women in the science and engineering workforce worldwide and supporting other underrepresented groups. Events, reports, projects, profiles of prominent women, and links.
Institute For Women And Technology
- Think tank for investigating how technology should be developed for maximum accessibility and usefulness to women.
Institute for Women in Trades, Technology & Science
- Dedicated to integrating women into nontraditional careers by providing training/technical assistance to the education system and employers.
Mums in Science
- A portal for busy mothers who work or have worked in any aspect of science.
PDK Poster Project
- Project by Pam Kivelson that creates paintings and photography to promote in women and girls an awareness and appreciation of science, mathematics, and technology, with a focus on careers in those fields.
- A paper zine published by women who stand outside the social norm. Includes issue excerpts and publication information.
Tapping the Talent
- An agenda for action for business to increase the talent available to them by encouraging more young women into science, engineering and technology.
- A discussion board for technical women across the world.
The Daphne Jackson Trust
- Enables scientists, engineers and IT specialists to return to work in the UK after a career break.
The Gender Chip Project
- "The Gender Chip Project" documentary and companion materials designed to assist teachers, parents and mentors who are encouraging girls to the pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
The Hypatia Institute
- Dedicated to gender equity in physics, astronomy, and the sciences in general; with resources for students, teachers, and scientists.
WiSETI - The University of Cambridge Women in Science, Engineering and Technology Initiative
- WiSETI - The University of Cambridge Women in Science, Engineering and Technology Initiative. Organizes events (workshops and lectures).
Women Into Science and Technology
- Aims to attract and retain women in mathematics and science courses and careers through a multi-level activity and mentoring program.
- A project of the National Academy of Sciences intended for young people; aims to showcase the accomplishments of contemporary women in science.
Women and Girls Tech Up
- Encourages women and girls and the organizations which serve them to use technology to share ideas, opinions, support, creativity and political action.
Women and Science
- An EU initiative for research by, for, and about women. Part of the Socio-Economic Knowledge Base and Improving the Human Research Potential programs.
Women in Natural Resources
- Magazine designed and written by and for women in forestry, fisheries, wildlife, range, recreation, soils, and the environmental and social sciences as they relate to natural resources.
Women in Technology International
- WITI - support and services for women in business and technology.
Women in Technology Project
- Vermont Technical College's project to encourage young women in middle school and high school to study math, science and technology. Lots of links.
Women of NASA
- Profiles, events, archives.
Women on Women
- A support group for women in science.
Women's Initiatives Committee
- The Women's Initiatives Committee of the American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE) aims to assist AIChE in taking a leadership role in promoting the entry, development and full participation of women in the Institute and the profession.
Women-Related Science/Technology Email Lists
- Frequently-updated, annotated listing of women-related e-mail lists that focus on science and/or technology.
WomenTechWorld - the Women's Technician Club
- Forum for women in technology and trade careers to network with other women technicians and/or employers – offering job listings, e-mentoring, biographies of women role models and an email discussion group.
Is the Glass Half Full?
- Women in science. From Scientific American. (April 27, 1998)
Science and Technology
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, April 18, 2011 11:24:33 AM EDT -