become an editor
the entire directory
only in Shelters/United_States
Violence and Abuse
Regional: North America: United States: Society and Culture
AK: Abused Women's Aid in Crisis, Inc.
- Shelter in Anchorage, Alaska. Programs and services, education, events, volunteer details, and links.
AK: Aiding Women in Abuse and Rape Emergencies (AWARE) - Juneau, AK
- Provide safe shelter and support services to victims of domestic or sexual violence in Alaska.
AR: Peace At Home, Fayetteville, AR
- 24-Hour crisis line, shelter and outreach programs for victims of domestic violence in Arkansas and surrounding states. Genderal information, legal information, law enforcement information and shelter information.
- Shelters and transitional housing in Scottsdale and Phoenix. Includes where to get help, safety planning tips, effects on children, newsletter.
AZ: Northland Family Help Center
- Flagstaff. Information about women's and children's shelters and how to help.
AZ: Sojourner Center
- Offers emergency and transisional shelter in Phoenix, Arizona.
AZ: The Brewster Center Domestic Violence Services
- The Brewster Center provides shelter, counseling and other services for victims of domestic violence. Located in Tucson, AZ.
CT: Domestic Violence Crisis Center
- With offices in both Stamford and Norwalk Connecticut, the agency provides hotline, shelter, counseling, court advocates and community education for all victims of abusive relationships.
IA: Cedar Valley Friends of the Family - Waverly, Iowa
- Cedar Valley Friends of the Family is a private, non-profit victim advocacy agency providing crisis prevention/intervention services to victims of domestic abuse/sexual assault in Bremer, Butler, and Chickasaw counties in Iowa.
IA: Domestic Violence Intervention Program (DVIP)
- Offers shelter and support for domestic violence victims in Iowa City.
IA:Seeds of Hope - Grundy and Hardin Counties, Iowa
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Assistance Services. Seeds of Hope gives basic information about sexual assault and domestic violence. This site also includes links and ideas for getting help.
ID: Women's and Children's Alliance - Boise, Idaho
- Guide to help with domestic abuse, rape crisis center, counseling, shelter for abused women and children
IL: A Safe Place, Lake County Crisis Center
- Provides shelter, court advocacy, referrals and comprehensive counseling program for victims of domestic violence - women and children who have been physically, verbally, or emotionally abused.
IL: Apna Ghar
- A domestic violence shelter serving primarily Asian women and children.
IL: Family Shelter Service
- Provides a 24-hour hotline, three shelters, counseling and support groups, and court and victim advocates. Glen Ellyn, Illinois.
IL: Family Shelter Service - DuPage County
- 24-Hour crisis line, shelter, information, advocacy and referral.
IL: Life Span: Providing Services for Women in Crisis
- Des Plaines, Illinois. Myths, volunteer details, survival checklist, tips, and support groups.
IL: Women In Need Growing Stronger - Palatine, IL
- Provides Chicago area homeless women training and resources to reach economic independence. Offers a domestic violence safe house, assistance and medical care plus therapeutic counseling programs for children.
IN: The Julian Center
- Indianapolis, IN. Provides shelter and counseling to victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and survivors of child sexual abuse.
KS: SAFEHOME - Domestic Violence Shelter, Kansas City, KS
- A resource of information about domestic violence, how to notice warning signs and ways to protect yourself from violent situations. Information is targeted toward women, dating teens and children in violent homes. Also provides a shelter and outreach services to the Kansas City area.
KY: Women's Crisis Center, Kentucky (WCC)
- Providing 24-hour crisis intervention services to victims of domestic violence, sexual abuse and rape in Maysville and Northern Kentucky. All services are free and confidential.
LA: Metropolitan Battered Women's Program, Inc.
- New Orleans, LA services for women experiencing domestic violence offers emergency shelter and counseling to battered women and their children.
MA: Asian Task Force Against Domestic Violence, Inc.
- Located in Boston. Resources, newsletter, tips, and links.
MA: Casa Myrna Vazquez
- Boston. Hotline and shelter information, survivor stories, events.
MA: Help for Abused Women and Their Children
- Located in Salem. Offers shelter, support and practical information.
MD: The Bernie House, Gaithersburg, MD
- Single family, two year, transitional home for families fleeing domestic violence; with the goal of enabling and strengthening self-sustainability and prevailing against abuse and homelessness.
MI: Domestic Violence Project SAFE House, Ann Arbor, MI
- Located in Ann Arbor, MI. Services, information for professionals, survivor's handbook, and news.
MI: Everyone deserves a safe place!
- Information on domestic violence and spouse abuse including local emergency shelter in Allegan Michigan
- Livingston County, MI. Provides comprehensive domestic and sexual violence services to victims, their families and friends.
MI: Safe Haven Ministries Domestic Violence Shelter and Services
- Provides shelter and services to abused women and partners with the faith community to respond appropriately to families affected by domestic violence. Located in Grand Rapids.
MI: SIREN/Eaton Shelter, Inc.
- Located in Eaton County, Michigan. FAQ, emergency resources, news, and related links.
MI: Women's Rural Advocacy Programs
- Serving Southwestern Minnesota. General information and resources.
MN: Alexandra House - A Women's Shelter
- Located in Blaine, MN. Community and residential services, tips, and links.
MN: Harriet Tubman Center
- Based in Minneapolis. Addresses dating and domestic violence prevention. Provides a variety of support programs.
MN: Women's Advocates, Inc.
- St. Paul, MN. Shelter services, education and training, and resources.
MN: Women's Shelter Inc.
- Based in Rochester, MN. Shelter details, children's programs, advocacy, and reports.
MO: The Lighthouse Shelter, Inc., Marshall, MO
- The Lighthouse Shelter was founded in 1995 to serve domestic violence victims and their minor children in Saline County, MO.
MO: St. Martha's Hall
- St. Louis, MO. Services offered, personal safety plan, privacy, guide, and resources.
MS: Care Lodge Domestic Violence Shelter
- Meridian. Hotline and emergency shelter information, events, list of warning signs of domestic violence.
MT: Safe Space, Butte, MT
- Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Program in Butte, Montana. Services provided include shelter, 24 hour crisis counseling and advocacy, on scene response and 911 cell phone program.
NC: Domestic Violence Shelter - Wilmington, North Carolina
- 24-Hour crisis line, shelter, advocacy and referral. Individual and group counseling and support groups. Children's services available. Provides community education and outreach.
NC: Helpmate : Asheville, NC Domestic Violence Agency
- 24-Hour hotline, shelter, crisis counseling, legal advocacy.
NJ: Strengthen Our Sisters Domestic Violence Shelter, Hewitt, NJ
- A 155-bed shelter program serving homeless/battered women and children in northern New Jersey.
NJ: Woman Space
- Based in Lawrenceville. Services and programs, history, education, the law, and community resources.
NM: Valencia Shelter for Victims of Domestic Violence in Belen, NM
- 24-Hour crisis line, emergency shelter, counseling, child witness program, support groups, community outreach and education.
NY: Alternatives for Battered Women
- Based in Rochester, New York. Options for help, newsletter, events, education, speakers, and links.
NY: Sanctuary for Families - New York City
- Provides crisis intervention, emergency and transitional housing, individual and group counseling, job readiness and mentoring programs. They offer legal advice and direct representation, mentor volunteer attorneys and advocate legal reform.
NY: Vera House, Syracuse, NY
- Vera House aims to end domestic abuse and sexual violence, to empower abused women and children, and to promote equality and respect in relationships. Vera House is located in Syracuse, New York.
OH: The Domestic Violence Shelter, Mansfield Ohio
- 24-Hour crisis line, emergency shelter, domestic violence victim assistance for Richland, Ashland and Huron Counties. Offering shelter services, educational programs and support groups for all ages of victims.
OK: Domestic Violence - Women's Service and Family Resource Center
- Based in Canadian County, OK. Services, resources, news, and links.
OR: Bradley-Angle House
- Located in Portland. Information for teens, catalog of materials, tips, and links.
PA: Alle-Kiski HOPE Center, Allegheny, Westmoreland, Armstrong and Butler counties
- Information and resources for victims of domestic violence and their families including a Crisis hotline, information, programs, statistics, and educational resources.The Alle-Kiski HOPE Center is a domestic violence agency serving the Alle-Kiski Valley area in Southwestern PA.
PA: Turning Point of Lehigh Valley
- Pennsylvania organization providing shelter and support services, and working to increase awareness of the problem. Information about programs and events, and news.
PA: Women In Transition
- Philadelphia, PA
PA: Women's Center & Shelter
- Pittsburg, PA
SC: Sistercare, Inc.
- 24-Hour crisis line, emergency shelter, counseling and referral in Columbia, South Carolina.
SD: Resource Center for Women
- A charitable, non-profit organization providing a variety of shelter and advocacy services for individuals and families dealing with the issues of domestic violence, sexual assault, and/or homelessness in Aberdeen, South Dakota
TN: Genesis House, Cookeville, TN
- 24 hour Crisis line, crisis intervention, court advocacy, domestic and sexual violence and self-esteem support groups, individual counseling, as well as referral to other community agencies.
VA: Avalon: A Center for Women and Children
- Articles, links, and services dedicated to promoting non-violence and supporting survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault in Williamsburg, James City County, and Williamsburg, VA.
VA: Family Resource Center, Wytheville, VA
- Provides a full range of services and resources such as crisis intervention, supportive counseling, legal advocacy, education, and referrals to empower clients to make informed decisions and positive lifestyle choices.
VA: Haven Shelter and Services, Inc.- Warsaw, VA
- The Haven provides advocacy, counseling, and shelter for victims of Domestic Abuse, Sexual Violence, and Stalking in Virginia's Northern Neck. Serves Essex, Lancaster, Northumberland, Richmond and Westmoreland Counties.
VA: Richmond YWCA
- Mission statement, services, information and statistics on violence and assault, and resources.
VA: Safehome Systems
- Serving Covington, Clifton Forge, and surrounding communities. Pictures of the shelter, history, statistics, and tips provided.
WA: DAWN - Domestic Violence Agency with Shelter, King's County, WA
- Clients come from all social, ethnic, and economic backgrounds. Their primary service area is South King County, Washington (near Seattle) they often work with clients from other areas because they have no local domestic violence resources, or because it is not safe to stay near their homes.
WA: Eastside Domestic Violence Program, Bellevue, WA
- Located in Bellevue, Washington, EDVP offers a wide range of shelter and community programs. Services provided that help domestic violence victims free themselves from abuse. Provides community education about domestic violence. Also provide specialized training to law enforcement, medical organizations and businesses.
WI: Tri-County Council on Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault
- Promotes non-violence as a life choice and provides a safe environment for persons in crisis.Tri-County Council has offices in Rhinelander, Eagle River and Crandon. They serve people affected by Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault in Oneida, Forest and Vilas Counties in Wisconsin.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: October 2, 2014 at 14:45:11 UTC -