become an editor
the entire directory
only in Domestic_Violence/Medical_Aspects
Violence and Abuse
Health: Women's Health
All Walks Of Life
- A source for prevention, response and research news on violence To people with disabilities.
Corporate Alliance to End Partner Violence
- A national non-profit organization with a mission to education and aid in the prevention of partner violence.
Documenting Domestic Violence: How Health Care Providers Can Help Victims
- A well documented medical record can strengthen domestic violence cases when they are brought to court. It constitutes third-party factual evidence corroborating or establishing that abuse has occurred and may be useful to pro se litigants in a variety of less formal legal contexts. [PDF]
Domestic Violence and Mental Health Policy Initiative
- The Domestic Violence and Mental Health Policy Initiative (DVMHPI) is a Chicago-based project designed to address the unmet mental health needs of domestic violence survivors and their children. DVMHPI offers information and technical assistance to local agencies, and provides training and support to advocates and mental health providers.
Domestic Violence CME Course: Online CME from the Virtual Lecture Hall
- Offering truly interactive, online Continuing Medical Education (CME) courses and AMA Category 1 credits for physicians.
Forensic Nursing Techniques
- Information on screening for violence in a medical setting.
GAO Report on Pregnant Women and Domestic Violence
- Violence Against Women: Data on Pregnant Victims and Effectiveness of Prevention Strategies. Report from the General Accounting Office in PDF format. [PDF]
Risk Factors for Injury to Women from Domestic Violence
- Article - New England Journal of Medicine
The Role of the Pediatrician in Recognizing and Intervening on Behalf of Abused Women (RE9748)
- Pediatricians are in a position to recognize abused women in pediatric settings. Intervening on behalf of battered women is an active form of child abuse prevention. Knowledge of local resources and state laws for reporting abuse are emphasized. American Academy of Pediatrics
Understanding The Victims of Spousal Abuse by Frank Ochberg
- Article by Frank M. Ochberg, MD, adjunct professor of psychiatry, criminal justice and journalism at Michigan State University. Author of Post Traumatic Therapy and Victims of Violence.
Case Studies in Partner Violence
- American Academy of Family Physicians. (December 01, 1999)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 26, 2015 at 5:57:37 UTC -