become an editor
the entire directory
only in Domestic_Violence/Legal_Issues
Violence and Abuse
Open Directory - Society: People: Women: Issues: Violence and Abuse: Domestic Violence: Legal Issues
Society: Law: Legal Information: Family Law
American Bar Association Standards of Practice for Lawyers Representing Victims of Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking in Civil Protection Order Cases
- PDF version of the newly adopted standards [PDF]
Battered Women and Their Children: Lessons from One Woman's Story
- Long article (Kathleen Waits, Houston Law Review, 1998) describes a battered woman's experience in the family court system and discusses lessons that can be drawn about better handling of these cases.
Battered Women's Justice Project (BWJP)
- Collaborative effort of several U.S. national organizations aiming to improve criminal justice responses to domestic violence. Information about services and programs, plus an online resource library.
Child Custody and Visitation Decisions in Domestic Violence Cases: Legal Trends, Research Findings, and Recommendations
- Articles on child custody, visitation, child witnesses, etc.
Domestic and Family Violence Resources
- The Tribal Court Clearinghouse - Links and Information on Domestic and Family Violence fortribal court personnel, tribal law enforcement personnel, domestic violence victim service agency personnel, social services personnel, and others in handling domestic violence cases and issues.
Domestic Violence - Mediation Policy in Domestic Violence
- The American Bar Association recommends that court-mandated mediation include an opt-out prerogative in any action in which one party has perpetrated domestic violence upon the other party. [PDF]
Domestic Violence and the Courtroom
- Understanding the Problem and knowing the Victim. The American Judges Foundation.
Domestic Violence Home Page
- The American Bar Association's web site for domestic violence issues. Information for attorneys and survivors. Contains information on protecting privacy for survivors during and after divorce.
Domestic Violence Notepad: A listing of resources
- Provides links to articles, legal help, resources to help victims of domestic violence.
Domestic Violence Organizations Online: Risks, Ethical Dilemmas, and Liability Issues
- Violence Against Women Online Resources - Minnesota Coalition Against Domestic Violence
Domestic Violence Safety Plan
- Safety tips for victims of domestic violence from the American Bar Association. Includes information in Spanish.
Early Identification of Risk Factors for Parental Abduction OJJDP Publications - General Resources
- Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention report in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format. [PDF]
Handbook - Advocating for Women in the Criminal Justice System in Cases of Rape, Domestic Violence and Child Abuse.
- Step by step advocacy guide for working with the crimincal justice system for women and children impacted by abuse.
How to Write a Letter to the Judge for Victims of Rape, Domestic Violence, and Child Abuse
- Women's Justice Center
Macias Case Expert Witness Declaration
- Testimony in the wrongful-death suit of Macias vs. Sheriff Mark Ihde et al. Maria Teresa Macias was shot and killed by her estranged husband after repeated requests to enforce a restraining order were ignored by the Sonoma County, California, sheriff's department.
Michigan vs. Kurr
- Appeal granted to woman convicted of manslaughter on grounds of defense of others. Defendant was pregnant when she stabbed boyfriend who had assaulted her. [PDF]
Never Again Foundation
- An agency claiming to provide free legal help to women who have been abused or sexually assaulted. No information is provided on officers or directors of this entity. Proceed with caution.
The NIJ Research Review: NCJ Number 184752
- Test of the Efficacy of Court-Mandated Counseling for Domestic Violence Offenders: The Broward Experiment NCJ Number: 184752 Author: Lynette Feder ; David R. Forde Sponsor: National Institute of Justice US Dept of Justice
San Diego Family Justice Center
- Centralized services for survivors of domestic violence in San Diego County, California.
Sanctuary for Families - Legal Center
- News and court opinions from an agency in New York State working for the rights of women and children in families where abuse occurs.
Stalking Through The Courts
- The father's rights movement - how to legally stalk, harass, and intimidate victims of domestic violence after a restraining order has been issued.
Validity and Use of Evidence Concerning Battering and Its Effects in Criminal Trials
- Report to U.S. Congress on "battered women's syndrome," published jointly by the U.S. Department of Justice and other agencies. [PDF]
Visits in Cases Marked By Violence [Julie Kunce Field]
- Legal methods for structuring supervised visitation when there has been violence in the family.
- A volunteer-based court monitoring and research organization that follows cases of family and sexual violence and provides feedback to the justice system.
Women's Law Initiative
- Legal information (U.S.-specific) and other advice for women living with or escaping domestic violence. Includes focused sections for teens, military women, immigrants, individual states, and tribal jurisdictions.
Domestic and Family Violence: Criminal Justice Interventions
- Paper by Robyn Holder which explores some of the contemporary debates and dilemmas in implementing criminal justice reform in the area of domestic violence. From the Australian Domestic and Family Violence Clearinghouse. [PDF] (January 01, 2001)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 15, 2014 at 11:45:11 UTC -