become an editor
the entire directory
only in Violence_and_Abuse/Domestic_Violence
Violence and Abuse
Conferences and Events
Domestic Violence and Child Abuse
Law Enforcement Sites
Religion and Domestic Violence
State and Regional Networks
Society: Crime: Domestic Violence
Society: Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual: Family and Relationships: Domestic Violence
Society: Issues: Children, Youth and Family: Child Abuse
Society: Issues: Violence and Abuse: Elder
Society: Issues: Violence and Abuse: Family Violence
Society: People: Men: Issues: Violence and Abuse
100+ Songs Related to Domestic Abuse and Sexual Assault
- A listing of more than 100 songs in every genre, from traditional ballads to punk, many with links to online lyrics.
Abuse of Power
- Information for victims of domestic violence by police officers and firefighters.
Abuse Within the Family
- A gateway to all types of domestic violence cases, resources, statistics, and research with a "true crime" focus.
Abused Deaf Women's Advocacy Services
- Abused Deaf Women's Advocacy Services, located in Seattle, WA, is a support agency for Deaf, Deaf-Blind, and Hard-of-Hearing victims of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.
- Provides general information on what domestic violence is, how to get help, and links including safety plans, links to Power and Control wheels, women of color, women with disabilities, women who are deaf, rural and Native American women, and extensive lists of books, articles and of state coalitions.
- Violence Policy Center Study of Murder/Suicide Trends -- Results indicate that most murder/suicides perpetrated by males upon their intimiate partners and children by the use of guns. [PDF]
Angels That Care
- Resources for Domestic Violence, missing and abused children, forum, chat, and Amber Alert.
Biderman's Chart of Coercion
- Analysis of mind control with significance for survivors of domestic violence.
Corporate Alliance to End Partner Violence
- A national nonprofit organization working to prevent domestic violence -- CAEPV is the only program in the country founded by business leaders and focused on the workplace.
CUT IT OUT
- A program of the Salons Against Domestic Abuse Fund dedicated to mobilizing salon professionals and others to fight the epidemic of domestic abuse in communities across the United States. It builds awareness of domestic abuse and trains salon professionals to recognize warning signs and safely refer clients to local resources.
Domestic Violence - U.S. Resources
- Listings of and links to articles, agencies, organizations and websites to find help and information concerning domestic violence, elder abuse and abuse against disabled persons in the United States.
Domestic Violence and Disasters
- Article from The FREDA Centre for Research on Violence against Women and Children.
Domestic Violence Handbook
- Informative general information site hosted in Oakland County, Michigan. Lists common myths, defines abuse and the cycle of violence, offers personalized safety plan, answers questions about leaving, and personal protection orders.
Domestic Violence Help
- Look up help for a loved one or family member from all over the United States. There are stories of families and their struggle with domestic violence.
Domestic Violence Information Center
- Information and resources from The Feminist Majority Foundation.
Domestic Violence Report - Civic Research Institute
- Devoted exclusively to innovative programs, legal developments, and current services and research in domestic violence law and prevention. Includes: An Advocate's Introduction to DV and the Military.
Education Wife Assault
- Information for abused women, professionals, friends, and family on abuse of all types. E-Commerce enabled for publications sales and donations.
eMedicine Health - Domestic Violence
- Statistics and resources on domestic violence.
Faith Trust Institute
- The Institute is a non-profit organization headquartered in Seattle, Washington, U.S.A. Founded in 1977 by the Rev. Marie M. Fortune, the Institute is an interreligious educational resource addressing issues of sexual and domestic violence.
Firearms and Domestic Violence
- Fact Sheet from the Violence Policy Center
Mail Order Brides and the Abuse of Immigrant Women
- A License To Abuse: The Impact of Conditional Status on Female Immigrants by Michelle J. Anderson [Text and footnotes of this article are reprinted from The Yale Law Journal. Volume 102 . April 1993 . Number 6. Copyright (c) 1993 by The Yale Law Journal Co., Inc.]
Maitri - San Francisco, CA
- Maitri is a free, confidential, nonprofit organization based in the San Francisco Bay Area, that helps South Asian women facing domestic violence, emotional abuse or family conflict. We provide peer support and referrals to legal help, emergency shelters and counselors.
Mending the Sacred Hoop -Technical Assistance Project
- MSH-TA is a Native American program that provides training and technical assistance to our American Indian and Alaskan Native relations in the effort to eliminate violence in the lives of women and their children.
Military Family Resource Center: Interpersonal Violence Portal
- Contains information on building and strengthening domestic violence prevention partnerships between military and civilian communities. Describes U.S. Department of Defense and service initiatives and research, and provides links to related resources.
National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- The National Coalition Against Domestic Violence is "a grassroots non-profit membership organization working since 1978 to end violence in the lives of women and children."
National Domestic Violence Hotline
- 24-Hour Access from all 50 states. Translators available.
NCALL: National Clearinghouse on Abuse in Later Life
- This site provides access to program development, policy and technical assistance and training related to the nexus between domestic violence, sexual assault and elder abuse/neglect.
New Social Security Numbers For Domestic Violence Victims And Others
- SSA Publication No. 05-10093 - describes procedures and requirements for requesting a new social security number.
No Safe Haven: A Special Report
- Special issue of Mother Jones magazine devoted to domestic violence.
No Safe Place
- No Safe Place offers resources and insights into the origins and possible solutions to violence against women. (Public Broadcasting System)
Online Danger Assessment
- Danger Assessment instrument from Johns Hopkins. Caution: to download the assessment, you must register on the site.
PeaceWorks Home Page
- "PEACEWORKS"is an unique art documentary about domestic violence being developed by The Shelter, Inc. A team of artists/activists/formerly battered women and technicians, have come together to produce this screenplay. Drawn from the poetry, music and artwork of victims, the film stitches together vignettes exploring the root causes of violence and outlining the individual and communal journey of healing from abusive relationships.
Poised for Prevention: Advancing Promising Approaches to Primary Prevention of Intimate Partner Violence
- The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and Prevention Institute called together a group of leaders for a national convening in September 2006. This report is the product of that meeting. Link provided to PDF copy of report.
Portland Women's Crisis Line
- Help for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in and around Portland, Oregon with a 24-hour state-wide hotline.
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder - Conversation with Judith Herman
- Harry Kreisler interviews Judith Herman on the personal and political dimensions of trauma and recovery; September 2000. Explains how PTSD develops in women survivors of domestic violence.
Psychological Maltreatment of Women Inventory
- "The PMWI is a 58-item instrument designed to measure the level of psychological abuse of women by their intimate male partners. Partial text from Tolman's PMWI validation Study (1995) is available." - Kristin Ward, Cornell University
Purple Berets Advocacy & Education Project
- A grassroots community-based organization working as advocates for women who are victims of sexual assault and domestic violence. Provides information on direct action political organizing to make system-wide change to give women access to justice.
Quality Assurance Program - Peer Review of Domestic Violence
- Includes standards and peer review documents for domestic violence programs in Michigan .
Reading List on Domestic Violence
- Good basic reading list on domestic violence -- history, research, self-help.
Reporting on Violence
- Handbook for journalists supported by grants from the W. K. Kellogg Foundation and The California Wellness Foundation
Responding to Domestic Violence: Where Federal Employees Can Find Help
- Prepared by the U.S. Office of Personnel Management. Includes places to turn to and a sectionalized report.
Rural Domestic Violence & Sexual Assault
- The challenge of providing services in rural areas
Sanctuary for the Abused
- Resources, links and articles on emotional, psychological, verbal and physical abuse and online predators.
The Silent Witness National Initiative
- Silent Witness National Initiative is a non-profit organization promoting peace, healing and responsibility in adult relationships in order to eliminate domestic murders by the year 2010.
Stalking Resource Center
- The Stalking Resource Center is a program of the National Center for Victims of Crime. The Stalking Resource Center consists of five components: a Peer-to-Peer Exchange Program, Training, an Information Clearinghouse, a Practitioners' Network, and a Website.
The Urban Institute
- Coordinated Community Responses to Domestic Violence in Six Communities: Beyond the Justice System
When Men Murder Women
- When Men Murder Women: An Analysis of 1999 Homicide Data. Females Murdered by Males in Single Victim/Single Offender Incidents. Site maintained by the Violence Policy Center.
Women and Children's Support Resources
- A 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization which provides books, posters, tapes and other materials on domestic violence to women's shelters through a unique gift certificate program.
- News and information with a focus on survivors of domestic violence.
Women's Rights Network
- The National Violence Against Women Prevention Research Center was funded, in September 1998, through a cooperative agreement with the Centers for Disease Control. The Center is a consortium of the Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC), The University of Missouri at St. Louis (UMSL), and Wellesley Centers for Women (WCW) at Wellesley College.
- Novelist, blogging on abuse and safety issues; specifically domestic violence and child abuse.
Animal Welfare and Domestic Violence
- Findings of a study by Frank R. Ascione and Utah State University colleagues concerning history of pet abuse in households of women housed in shelters for victims of domestic violence. Includes links to related resources. (April 25, 1997)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 3, 2015 at 5:54:07 UTC -