become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Military
U.S. Civil War
Society: Military: People: Military Women
- Women Airforce Service Pilots (WASPS), the women who test-piloted aircraft during World War II - with a timeline of women in military history and in flight.
Minerva Center Home Page
- Resources for and about women in the military.
Nurses who served in WWI
- A site for the collection of stories about women who served in WWI
Soviet Women in Combat in World War II
- Introduces four books consisting of memoirs and biographies of Soviet military women, partisans and spies of World War II. Also has links to more sites related to women in the military
WASP on the Web
- A Tribute to Women Airforce Service Pilots of WWII, first women in history to fly American military aircraft!
WAVES: Women Accepted for Volunteer Emergency Service
- WAVES was established during World War II and this Web site is from the WAVES National Michigan Unit 32. It honors all women that have served in the military and particularly in the WAVES.
Women Come to the Front (WWII)
- The Library of Congress archives' exhibit about World War II journalists, photographers and broadcasters. Highlights the war coverage by eight women.
Women in Vietnam
- The military, which prided itself on the records it kept in Vietnam, counting the enemy number of weapons captured, cannot to this day say with certainty how many women served. The army that sent them never bothered to count them.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 21, 2015 at 23:20:58 UTC -