become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Medieval
Society: History: By Time Period: Middle Ages
The Apparel of Women
- A textual analysis of women's apparel and the meanings behind ornamentation/adornment. By Tertullian.
- Research essay on the history and spirituality of the Beguines, a twelfth-century religious movement.
Bibliography on Women Writers
- A comprehensive list of books and articles with information on women writers of the Middle Ages.
Female Heroes from the Time of the Crusades
- Short biographies on selected medieval women.
Internet Medieval Sourcebook
- Catalogue of sources relevant to the study of medieval gender roles.
Medieval Women An Interactive Exploration
- An interactive website featuring aspects of medieval women's daily lives, such as life in a religious order, or life for members of different classes of society.
Silent Voices: Women in the Middle Ages
- This essay touches on aspects of the lives of medieval women such as childbirth, early mortality, economic status relating to marriage and religion. Presented in rich text format rather than HTML.
Women in Medieval Deccan
- Status of Women in 14th Century South India. Outlines specific traditions practiced in medieval regions.
Women In The Year 1000 C.E. - Women in World History Curriculum
- Essay which looks back to the lives of women in the years of the first millennium - Western Europe, Byzantium, The Muslim World and Far East.
Women Left Behind (Women in World History Curriculum)
- A look at the impact of the Crusades on women.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 16, 2016 at 7:54:12 UTC -