become an editor
the entire directory
only in History/Medieval
Society: History: By Time Period: Middle Ages
The Apparel of Women
- A textual analysis of women's apparel and the meanings behind ornamentation/adornment. By Tertullian.
- Research essay on the history and spirituality of the Beguines, a twelfth-century religious movement.
Bibliography on Women Writers
- A comprehensive list of books and articles with information on women writers of the Middle Ages.
The Education of Medieval Women
- Short overview of the formal education of European women in medieval times, which includes aspects such as the policy of the Christian church towards this issue, and how class differences impacted on educational opportunities. Includes links to related articles on Christine de Pizan.
Female Heroes from the Time of the Crusades
- Short biographies on selected medieval women.
Internet Medieval Sourcebook
- Catalogue of sources relevant to the study of medieval gender roles.
Medieval Feminist Index
- Index of publications on women, sexuality and gender in the Middle Ages.
Medieval Women An Interactive Exploration
- An interactive website featuring aspects of medieval women's daily lives, such as life in a religious order, or life for members of different classes of society.
Medieval Women Websites
- Review of web resources on women and medieval studies.
On-line Reference Book: Women's Studies
- Links to primary sources, teaching resources and on-line bibliographies on medieval women.
Silent Voices: Women in the Middle Ages
- This essay touches on aspects of the lives of medieval women such as childbirth, early mortality, economic status relating to marriage and religion. Presented in rich text format rather than HTML.
Women Artists - The Medieval Period
- Women artists, self-portraits, and representations of womanhood from the Middle Ages to the Present.
Women in Medieval Deccan
- Status of Women in 14th Century South India. Outlines specific traditions practiced in medieval regions.
Women In The Year 1000 C.E. - Women in World History Curriculum
- Essay which looks back to the lives of women in the years of the first millennium - Western Europe, Byzantium, The Muslim World and Far East.
Women Left Behind (Women in World History Curriculum)
- A look at the impact of the Crusades on women.
Women Philosophers of the Medieval Period
- A list of Medieval female philosophers, with short biographies about selected individuals.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 16, 2014 at 3:18:36 UTC -