become an editor
the entire directory
only in Ancient/Egypt
Open Directory - Society: People: Women: History: Ancient: Egypt
Arts: Literature: World Literature: British: Shakespeare: Works: Plays: Tragedies: Antony and Cleopatra
Society: History: By Time Period: Ancient: Africa: Egypt
A Woman called Egypt
- Educational site from "ThinkQuest" Library where students can learn about Cleopatra by participating in an interactive "play." Articles about relevant history, biography, "costuming" and settings.
Ancient Egypt Index
- Articles on pharaoh Maatkare Hatshepsut, priestesses, and roles of Egyptian women.
Ankhesenamun: Princess of Amarna
- Biography of Ankhesenpaaten/Queen Ankhesenamun of ancient Egypt, wife of Tutankhamen.
Cleopatra VII, the Last Pharaoh
- Condensed biography, bibliography and links on the life of Cleopatra: part of larger site about royal rulers throughout history.
Egypt Women in Ancient Egyptian Religion, Part II, The Divine Adoratrice and God's Wife of Amun in the Third Intermediate Period
- Part 2 of series regarding women's place in Egyptian religious celebration in the Old/New Kingdoms (see also http://www.touregypt.net/featurestories/women1.htm)
Egypt: Women in Religion in the Old-New Kingdoms, Part I
- Article outlining women's place in Egyptian religious activity in Egypt (Part 1 of 2).
Egyptian women in Ptolemaic and Roman Egypt
- Dissertation on economic, legal activities of women in Ptolemaic and Roman Egypt reflected in surviving texts; footnotes and sources.
From Warrior Women to Female Pharaohs: Careers for Women in Ancient Egypt
- Part of BBC's ancient history articles, this site deals with multiple aspects of the lives of women in Ancient Egypt.
The Egyptian Economy and Non-royal Women.
- The economics of women's life in ancient Egypt from 1995 lecture, Brown University.
The Great Queens of Egypt
- Biographies of famous queens of Ancient Egypt: Ankhesenamun, Cleopatra VII, Hatshepsut, Nefertari, and Nefertiti.
Women and Gender in Ancient Egypt
- Online exhibition using Egyptian artifacts to highlight roles, lives of women in Ancient Egypt and their context in gender relations elsewhere. Exhibit mounted by Kelsey Museum, 1997.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 1:19:58 AM EST -