the entire directory
only in Women/History
Open Directory - Society: People: Women: History
Women's History Month
Science and Technology
Suffrage and Political Participation
Society: History: By Topic: Social History
Society: People: Women: Women's Studies
This category in other languages:
Internet Women's History Sourcebook
- Presents online documents and secondary discussions which reflect the various ways of looking at the history of women within broadly defined historical periods and areas. Includes ancient, medieval and modern.
Archives of Women in Science and Engineering
- Documents the history of women in these fields, individually and collectively, with excellent links to related sites.
Berkshire Conference on the History of Women
- Formed in response to women academics' sense of professional isolation in the early decades of the 20th century. Invites all women professionally engaged in history, pursuing graduate study, or dedicated to historical inquiry to participate.
dMarie Time Capsule
- A women's time capsule.
The Dutch Association for Women's History
- The study of the history of women and gender. The VVG contains information, activities, links, articles and events.
The Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B. Anthony Papers Project Online
- Describes the project's work and the documentary editing process. Contains biographies, bibliographies, and a timeline of ECS and SBA's life and work, as well as quotations and poetry about them.
Emma Goldman PapersProject
- An early advocate of free speech, women's equality and independence, birth control, and union organization.
- Articles, book reviews and research guides about Female Explorers - adventurous women who've dared to explore their world.
H-Women Discussion Network
- A lively discussion list for scholars and anyone interested in women's history. You can do a keyword search of the archives, and get subscription information at their web site.
Herstory of Women's Health Movement and Self-Help
- Self cervical exam revolutionized activists working for legal abortion in the 1960's and early 1970's.
- A magazine highlighting the extraordinary achievements of women throughout history and recognizing the obstacles they have had to overcome in order to reach their goals.
International Federation for Research in Women's History
- Umbrella organisation for national committees of women's history. Information on publications and conferences in women's history throughout the world.
- A mailing list for women who enjoy the study of history and who would like to share their findings and resources with one another.
MakingIt Their Own: Women in the West
- Women in the American West: biographies, examples of primary texts (diaries, literary works), secondary texts (critical essays, historical studies), resources (biographies, bibliographies, teaching materials), images, and teaching and study materials.
Multimedia Exhibits in Women's History
- Multicultural links to Women's History.
Notable Women Ancestors
- A growing database containing biographies and genealogy data of famous and not-so-famous women submitted by actual living descendants.
Sophia Smith Collection of Smith College
- Large collection of manuscript, print, and audio-visual material that documents the historical experience of women, primarily in the United States. Includes collection lists, lesson plans, and subject guides on individual women and special topics.
Swarthmore College Peace Collection
- A research archives devoted to collecting, preserving, and making accessible, materials on non-governmental women,s efforts towards peace.
What Did You Do In The War, Grandma?
- 27 oral histories of Rhode Island women during World War II, written by high school honors students.
Women In World History Curriculum
- Interactive site full of information and resources about women's experiences in world history. For teachers, teenagers, parents, and history buffs.
Women Nobel Laureates
- In 1903, only two years after the Nobel Foundation was established, the first Nobel Prize was awarded to a woman, Marie Curie. Women have been winning Nobel Prizes ever since. Bertha von Suttner was influential in convincing Alfred Nobel to set aside a Prize for peace.
Women's Guerilla History Project
- Posters from the grassroots public art project promoting women's history and visibility. A group of women and girls who wish to see a more visible and public presence of women's diverse history and accomplishments.
Women's History from About.com
- Articles on women's history, plus annotated links to some of the best resources on the Net on the subject, in more than 30 categories.
Women's History Network
- Promotes research of historical women and provides networking for individuals and organizations. Also publishes the "Women's History" magazine.
Women's International Center
- Biographies of great women. Histories of women through art. Women in America. Living Legacy Awards.
The Women's Legal History Project
- Detailed biographies of over 100 early women lawyers and judges.
World Wide Web Virtual Library: Women's History
- Listing women's history institutions and organizations, locating archival and library collections, and providing links to Internet resources for women's history is the main purpose of this Virtual Library.
Worldwide Guide to Women in Leadership
- This site is dedicated to the women who have ruled since the beginning of times, or as long as the sources date back.
WWWomen: Women Throughout History
- WWWomen aspires to be the most inclusive, up-to-date search site for women's topics.
" search on:
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, July 22, 2012 5:35:04 AM EDT -