become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Visual_Arts
Arts and Entertainment
Arts: Visual Arts
- Young adult book writer and photographer, Adele Griffin. Based in New York.
- New media, audiovisual and performance artist who has also worked in film, video, music and information technology.
- A site presenting information about the artist, and the combination of two complementary disciplines art and poetry, both equally important ways of expressing her creativity.
Anna ChaveArt Historian
- A list of on-line free access publications with articles by Feminist Art Historian Anna Chave.
- She is known worldwide for her net art and collective writing experiments and networked performance art.
APRA Foundation Berlin
- Site of conceptual artist and philosopher Adrian Piper.
Art by Accident
- A virtual sideshow of creepy, funny, sometimes beautiful and usually curious canvases
Art History Archive: Feminist Artists of the 20th Century
- A library about different artistic movements, art groups and specific artists.
Artcyclopedia: Women Artists
- Dedicated to women's art history, listing over 850 artists from antiquity to present.
- Barbara was recently appointed the first Artist's Laureate by the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge, MA.
Contemporary Women Artists on the Web
- A listing of contemporary women artists on the web.
- Kathleen Notman, write and author. Portraying 20th century women.
Cynthia Brody Mixed Media Art
- Women are the focal point of most pieces. Based in the SF Bay area.
- Curator of contemporary design at Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum in New York City and director of the Graphic Design MFA program at Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) in Baltimore.
The Feminist Art Project
- FARE is a network of art programs on women and gender. Providing reading resources on feminist art, current trends, significant accomplishments of women artists and topics of gender and art.
Feminist Studies Art Gallery
- Art featured in the latest issues of the Feminist Studies journal, one of the oldest feminist publication in the United States, founded in 1972.
- Blog of an artist, about women artists who paint women.
- A group of female artists, writers, performers, and other arts professionals who fight discrimination through humor, activism, and the arts.
Imogen Cunningham Trust
- Preserving the artist's work, managing her rights and permissions, and promoting her photographs through publications and exhibitions.
Iowa Women Artists Oral History Project
- Through recorded interviews, this project preserves the voices of women visual artists in Iowa reflecting on their lives and their artwork.
- Feminist art, including painting and needlework. History, virtual gallery, online store, events, and information on the endowment fund.
- Her work has been exhibited in many major international locales, and is represented in a number of collections, including the Williams College Museum of Art, The Art Institute of Chicago, the Fries Museum, the Netherlands, and The Kodak Museum of Art.
Louise Nevelson Foundation
- Site of the foundation dedicated to the life and work of Louise Nevelson and established by the artist's granddaughter.
Marina Abramovic Institute
- Founded by Marina Abramovic and will serve as her legacy and homage to time-based and immaterial art.
María María Acha-Kutscher
- A Peruvian artist, who defines herself as a Feminist visual artist. Her work focus on women's historical struggles for equality.
National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Bringing to light remarkable women artists of the past while also promoting the best women artists working today.
Patra Feathers Art
- Creations of natural art using the feathers of exotic birds to produce earthy landscapes.
- Historical archive of feminist performance touring Europe since 2011. Includes information about the program and list of women artists participating in the project.
- US based writer and photographer.
Sandy Skoglund Art Site
- Home site of the artist Sandy Skoglund with images of recent work, including installation views.
Selma Wight Beard
- Selma Beard, Artist, Teacher, Writer, Grandmother Lives and works in Atlanta, Georgia and St Simons Island, Ga. She teaches art in her studio once a week, and continues to create amazing art every day in her Buckhead Home.
The Society of Women Artists
- Group has held an annual exhibition in London of the work of women artists ever since 1857. In the process, it has introduced many famous names to the world of fine art appreciation, and their works to well-known art galleries and public places.
A Studio of Their Own
- Documents the foundation of the nation’s first feminist art education program at Fresno State University in 1970, and its enduring legacy in contemporary art.
Sugs Writer's Blog
- Susan Gilbert's blog. She's a writer, a photographer and a researcher of women's art history.
The Varo Registry of Women Artists
- An online gallery of artwork and research material on contemporary international women artists. Sponsor of the Feminist Art History and Women Artists listserves.
Women and Hollywood | Indiewire
- One of the most respected sites for issues related to women and film as well as other areas of pop culture. Women and Hollywood educates, advocates, and agitates for gender parity across the entertainment industry.
Women Art Revolution
- A film by Lynn Hershman Leeson reveals how the Feminist Art Movement transformed the art and culture of our times.
Women Artists from Women's History
- A growing collection of resources on women artists through history, from the About.com Guide to Women's History.
Women Artists in Canada
- Works of art by women artists in diverse media, plus biographical information about the artists, essays, and a bibliography.
Women Artists in History
- A space to showcase the work of women artists down through the centuries. The project aims to create a network of women who are interested in the work of women artists.
Women Artists of the American West
- A collection of thousands of high resolution images, plus statements from the artists, biographical sketches, critical-historical essays, and bibliographies.
Women in Graffiti: A Tribute to the Women of Egypt
- Article about street art research in Egypt done by women or about women. Addresses several artists putting them in the contest of Egypt's Arab Spring.
Women Out West: Art on the Edge of America
- A blog about 19th and 20th century female artists working in the Western United States,created by artist, art historian and educator, Victoria Sonstegard.
Women's Art Resource Centre
- Artist-run Toronto exhibition gallery dedicated to the advancement of contemporary Canadian women's art practice.
Women's Museum of California
- Founded in 1983 as the Women's History Reclamation Project, it is a non profit organization, with a mission to educate and inspire present and future generations about the experiences and contributions of women.
Women's Studio Workshop
- Founded in 1974 by four women artists who were committed to developing an alternative space for artists to create new work and to come together to share skills. Learn more about internships and programs available.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 11, 2016 at 6:24:02 UTC -