become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Visual_Arts
Arts and Entertainment
Open Directory - Society: People: Women: Arts and Entertainment: Visual Arts
Arts: Visual Arts
! WOMEN ART REVOLUTION
- A film by Lynn Hershman Leeson reveals how the Feminist Art Movement transformed the art and culture of our times.
3 Blessings a Day
- Striving to recognize and be thankful for 3 blessings everyday, create a pleasant and healthy home and refuge for family and friends, and a place where you can view my watercolor paintings.
Adele Griffin » Photos
- Website of young adult book writer, Adele Griffin. An intimate portrait of the writer, as well as information on all her titles.
- New media, audiovisual and performance artist who has also worked in film, video, music and information technology.
- A site presenting information about the artist, and the combination of two complementary disciplines art and poetry, both equally important ways of expressing her creativity.
- Contemporary Canadian artist based in Vancouver BC who uses collages and transferred materials to examine feminist themes of identity, social displacement and adolescence.
Anna ChaveArt Historian
- A list of on-line free access publications with articles by Feminist Art Historian Anna Chave.
Art by Accident
- A virtual sideshow of creepy, funny, sometimes beautiful and usually curious canvases
The Art of Women
- The Art Of Women was created for the artist, the gallery, the collector, the art writer, the lover of art, also offering collectors an online showcase for newly emerging and established male and female artists specialising in the representation of women in art.
Contemporary Women Artists on the Web
- This is a collection of contemporary women artists on the web. There are three components to this collection: 1. Individual websites created by artists working in conceptual or new media art 2. Artist profiles of women artists represented by contemporary art galleries 3. Women artist organizations
- Shakespeare's Cressida is duplicitous - changeable.Scholars see similarities in The Artist's Model, Cressida. She is changeable - duplicitous. Kathleen Notman is Cressida - she portrays many different 20th Century Women.
Cynthia Brody Mixed Media Art Portraying Women
- Women are the focal point of most pieces created by Cynthia Brody using mixed media. Their attitudes and lives are explored in surrealistic style. In the SF Bay Area.
- Ellen Lupton is curator of contemporary design at Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum in New York City and director of the Graphic Design MFA program at Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) in Baltimore.
Feminist art manifestoes, listed in n.paradoxa : international feminist art journal(ISSN: 1461_0434), KT press
- A chronological list of feminist art manifestos and feminist manifestos, from the early 20th century, which have had an impact on the women's art movement and the creation of feminist art.
The Feminist Art Project
- FARE is an easily accessible, free, online gateway to curriculum and teachers’ guides, connecting you to a comprehensive network of art programs on women and gender, and providing reading resources on feminist art, current trends, significant accomplishments of women artists and topics of gender and art.
Feminist Studies Art Gallery
- Art featured in the latest issues of the Feminist Studies journal, one of the oldest feminist publication in the United States, founded in 1972.
- Blog of an artist, about women artists who paint women.
- A group of female artists, writers, performers, and other arts professionals who fight discrimination through humor, activism, and the arts.
- Official Site for the Imogen Cunningham Trust, engaged in preserving the artist's work, managing her rights and permissions, and promoting her photographs through publications and exhibitions. The Trust was established by Imogen Cunningham in 1975, and is still a family run operation: Meg Partridge, Imogen's granddaughter, is the Director of the Trust and a photographer and filmmaker herself.
Index to Online Works by Women Artists
- Section of the Artcyclopedia dedicated to women's art history, listing over 850 artists from antiquity to present.
Iowa Women Artists Oral History Project
- Through recorded interviews, this project preserves the voices of women visual artists in Iowa reflecting on their lives and their artwork.
Judy Chicago - Through the Flower
- Feminist art, including painting and needlework. History, virtual gallery, online store, events, and information on the endowment fund.
Kara Walker | Main | Home Page browse
- An educational resource developed in conjunction with the Walker Art Center exhibition Kara Walker: My Complement, My Enemy, My Oppressor, My Love, the first full-scale U.S. museum survey of the work of American artist Kara Walker. The site, designed for educators at the high school and college levels, general museum visitors, and community group leaders, can be used to both prepare for viewing the exhibition and to engage groups in dialogue about the artist's work.
- Lalla A. Essaydi grew up in Morocco and now lives in USA where she received her MFA from the School of the Museum of Fine Arts/TUFTS University in May 2003. Essaydi's work is represented by Howard Yezerski Gallery in Boston and Edwynn Houk Gallery in New York City. Her work has been exhibited in many major international locales, including Boston, Chicago, Minneapolis, Texas, Buffalo, Colorado, New York, Syria, Ireland, England, France, the Netherlands, Sharjah, U.A.E., and Japan and is represented in a number of collections, including the Williams College Museum of Art, The Art Institute of Chicago, the Fries Museum, the Netherlands, and The Kodak Museum of Art.
Louise Nevelson Foundation
- Site of the foundation dedicated to the life and work of Louise Nevelson and established by the artist's granddaughter.
Marina Abramovic Institute
- The Marina Abramovic Institute was founded by Marina Abramovic and will serve as her legacy and homage to time-based and immaterial art.
MARÍA MARÍA ACHA-KUTSCHER
- María María Acha-Kutscher is a Peruvian artist, who lives between Mexico and Spain and defines herself as a Feminist visual artist. Her work focus on women's historical struggles for equality.
The National Museum of Women in the Arts
- Founded in 1987, NMWA is dedicated to recognizing women’s creative contributions. By bringing to light remarkable women artists of the past while also promoting the best women artists working today, the museum directly addresses the gender imbalance in the presentation of art in the U.S. and abroad.
net art, video, performance | Annie Abrahams
- Annie Abrahams has a doctorate (MPhil) in biology from the university of Utrecht and a MA from the Academy of fine arts of Arnhem. In her work, using video, performance as well as the internet, she questions the possibilities and the limits of communication in general and more specifically investigates its modes under networked conditions. She is known worldwide for her netart and collective writing experiments and is an internationally regarded pioneer of networked performance art.
An Overview of Feminist Artists of the 20th Century - The Art History Archive
- The Art History Archive is being compiled to serve as a library of information about different artistic movements, art groups and specific artists. Its purpose is to educate people about the different movements and show people that there are other movements worth looking at, and specific artists that users may never have heard of.
Pacita Abad: Woman of Color
- Her painting is characterized by color, constant change and experimentation from the 1970s right up to her passing in 2004.
Patra Feathers Art
- PATRA Feathers makes creations of natural art using the feathers of exotic birds to produce earthy landscapes, floral and whimsical themes that are bold, imaginative and absolutely one of a kind .
- Historical archive of feminist performance touring Europe since 2011. Includes information about the program and list of women artists participating in the project.
- Sally Mann is one of America’s most renowned photographers. She has received numerous awards, including NEA, NEH, and Guggenheim Foundation grants, and her work is held by major institutions internationally. Her many books include Second Sight (1983), At Twelve (1988), Immediate Family (1992), Still Time (1994), What Remains (2003), Deep South (2005), Proud Flesh (2009), and The Flesh and the Spirit (2010). A feature film about her work, What Remains, debuted to critical acclaim in 2006.
Sandy Skoglund Art Site
- Home site of the artist Sandy Skoglund with images of recent work, including installation views.
Selma Wight Beard
- Selma Beard, Artist, Teacher, Writer, Grandmother Lives and works in Atlanta, Georgia and St Simons Island, Ga. She teaches art in her studio once a week, and continues to create amazing art every day in her Buckhead Home.
The Society of Women Artists
- Group has held an annual exhibition in London of the work of women artists ever since 1857. In the process, it has introduced many famous names to the world of fine art appreciation, and their works to well-known art galleries and public places.
A Studio of Their Own
- The exhibition and symposium - A Studio of Their Own: The Legacy of the Fresno Feminist Experiment - documents the foundation of the nation’s first feminist art education program at Fresno State University in 1970, and its enduring legacy in contemporary art.
Sugs Writer's Blog
- Susan Gilbert's blog. She's a writer, a photographer and a researcher of women's art history.
The Varo Registry of Women Artists
- An online gallery of artwork and research material on contemporary international women artists. Sponsor of the Feminist Art History and Women Artists listserves.
Welcome to the APRA Foundation Berlin
- Site of conceptual artist and philosopher Adrian Piper.
Women and Hollywood | Indiewire
- One of the most respected sites for issues related to women and film as well as other areas of pop culture. Women and Hollywood educates, advocates, and agitates for gender parity across the entertainment industry.
Women Artists from Women's History
- A growing collection of resources on women artists through history, from the About.com Guide to Women's History.
Women Artists in Canada
- Works of art by women artists in diverse media, plus biographical information about the artists, essays, and a bibliography.
Women Artists in History
- A space to showcase the work of women artists down through the centuries. The project aims to create a network of women who are interested in the work of women artists.
Women Artists of the American West
- A collection of thousands of high resolution images, plus statements from the artists, biographical sketches, critical-historical essays, and bibliographies.
Women in Graffiti: A Tribute to the Women of Egypt
- Article about street art research in Egypt done by women or about women. Addresses several artists putting them in the contest of Egypt's Arab Spring.
Women Out West: Art on the Edge of America
- A blog about 19th and 20th century female artists working in the Western United States,created by artist, art historian and educator, Victoria Sonstegard.
Women's Art Resource Centre
- Artist-run Toronto exhibition gallery and research facility, focusing exclusively on Canadian women artists. Current exhibits, membership application, information on Matriart magazine.
Women's Museum of California | Preserving the Past, Inspiring the Future
- The Women's Museum of California is one of only five museums of women's history in the country. Founded in 1983 as the Women's History Reclamation Project, it is a non profit organization, with a mission to educate and inspire present and future generations about the experiences and contributions of women by collecting, preserving and interpreting the evidence of that experience.
Women's Studio Workshop
- Founded in 1974 by four women artists who were committed to developing an alternative space for artists to create new work and to come together to share skills. Learn more about internships and programs available.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 21, 2014 at 13:47:45 UTC -