become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Literature
Arts and Entertainment
International Women's Writing Guild
- Non-profit organization for the empowerment of women through writing. Provides details of regional workshops and information about services and benefits available to IWWG members. No portfolio is required.
- Poetry and links related to conflict resolution and peace, specifically in the Middle East. Also includes writings on women.
African American Women Writers of the 19th Century
- Digital collection of 52 works by 19th-century black women writers in the United States. Includes a keyword-searchable full text database.
- An international organization with the primary goal of promoting science fiction, fantasy, and horror written by women.
A Celebration of Women Writers
- Comprehensive listing of links to biographical and bibliographical information about women writers, and complete published books written by women. Searchable by time period, country, and author's last name.
- A moderated online journal devoted to writers of domestic fiction. Focuses on American women writers from the 19th and early 20th centuries.
Dorothy Dix Collection
- Information on a collection at Austin Peay State University dedicated to Elizabeth Meriweather Gilmer, an American journalist who wrote as Dorothy Dix during the 19th and 20th centuries.
International Centre for Women Playwrights
- Dedicated to the support of women playwrights around the world.
Journalism and Women Symposium
- An organization for women journalists which combats gender bias and fosters education.
Mary Shelley and Frankenstein
- Resources for the study of Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
National League of American Pen Women
- Promotes development of the creative talents of professional women in the arts. Includes information about branches, officers, events, and organization history.
The Victorian Women Writers Project
- Created to provide " highly accurate transcriptions of literary works by British women writers of the late nineteenth century." Helpful for students interested in rare texts of Victorian women's writing, including poems.
- Women-centered literary e-zine including poetry, essays, fictions, articles, and book reviews.
Women Related Arts and Humanities Sites
- Annotated, frequently updated list of content-rich sites relating to women's literature, maintained by Joan Korenman.
- Literary magazine that features original fiction, poetry, scholarship, book reviews, links, and author interviews. Includes extensive information about individual authors.
Women Writers Project
- The Brown University Women Writers Project is a long-term research project devoted to early modern women's writing and electronic text encoding. Their goal is to bring texts by pre-Victorian women writers out of the archive and make them accessible to a wide audience of teachers, students, scholars, and the general reader.
Zine Lovers Etc
- Club for girls that run and enjoy e-zines.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: February 7, 2016 at 3:23:49 UTC -