become an editor
the entire directory
only in Arts_and_Entertainment/Literature
Arts and Entertainment
Open Directory - Society: People: Women: Arts and Entertainment: Literature
International Women's Writing Guild
- Non-profit organization for the empowerment of women through writing. Provides details of regional workshops and information about services and benefits available to IWWG members. No portfolio is required.
20th Century Women: The E-Journal of First Person Biography
- Stories from the extraordinary lives of ordinary women who lived through most of this revolutionary century, recording their experiences in the family, the workplace and in society.
- Poetry and links related to conflict resolution and peace, specifically in the Middle East. Also includes writings on women.
African American Women Writers of the 19th Century
- Digital collection of 52 works by 19th-century black women writers in the United States. Includes a keyword-searchable full text database.
- An international organization with the primary goal of promoting science fiction, fantasy, and horror written by women.
A Celebration of Women Writers
- Comprehensive listing of links to biographical and bibliographical information about women writers, and complete published books written by women. Searchable by time period, country, and author's last name.
- A moderated online journal devoted to writers of domestic fiction. Focuses on American women writers from the 19th and early 20th centuries.
Dorothy Dix Collection
- Information on a collection at Austin Peay State University dedicated to Elizabeth Meriweather Gilmer, an American journalist who wrote as Dorothy Dix during the 19th and 20th centuries.
International Centre for Women Playwrights
- Dedicated to the support of women playwrights around the world.
International Women's Writing Guild
- A network for the empowerment of women through writing.
Journalism and Women Symposium
- An organization for women journalists which combats gender bias and fosters education.
Mary Shelley and Frankenstein
- Resources for the study of Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Writers and writing information for women.
National League of American Pen Women
- Promotes development of the creative talents of professional women in the arts. Includes information about branches, officers, events, and organization history.
The Victorian Women Writers Project
- Created to provide " highly accurate transcriptions of literary works by British women writers of the late nineteenth century." Helpful for students interested in rare texts of Victorian women's writing, including poems.
- Women-centered literary e-zine including poetry, essays, fictions, articles, and book reviews.
Wisconsin Women Writers of Adult Fiction
- Wisconsin Bibliographies in Women's Studies: Wisconsin Women Writers of Adult Fiction. (Welch, 1992).
Women Related Arts and Humanities Sites
- Annotated, frequently updated list of content-rich sites relating to women's literature, maintained by Joan Korenman.
- Literary magazine that features original fiction, poetry, scholarship, book reviews, links, and author interviews. Includes extensive information about individual authors.
Women Writers Project
- The Brown University Women Writers Project is a long-term research project devoted to early modern women's writing and electronic text encoding. Their goal is to bring texts by pre-Victorian women writers out of the archive and make them accessible to a wide audience of teachers, students, scholars, and the general reader.
Zine Lovers Etc
- Club for girls that run and enjoy e-zines.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: May 15, 2013 at 2:35:10 UTC -