become an editor
the entire directory
only in People/Lefthanders
Left-Handed Golf Organizations
This category in other languages:
Rosemary West's Left-Handed Page
- Large collection of information and links, including organizations, research articles, list of famous left-handers, left-handedness in the arts, links to shopping sites, FAQ, humor, fun facts, and trivia.
Alt.lefthanders Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Usenet FAQ. Includes questions such as: What does being "left-handed" or "ambidextrous" mean? Is lefthandedness inherited? Are lefthanders naturally clumsy? Do Lefties make better athletes?
Are You Left-Handed?
- Observations on the ontology of handedness, advice on how to surf the net left-handed, and links.
Association of Left-handers, India
- Works to create awareness that left-handedness is normal and to provide resources for left-handed people in the country. Information on cultural perspectives in India and the group's initiatives and accomplishments.
Calligraphy and Lettering Arts Society
- "If you are left handed, do not despair." Advice for left-handers who want to learn calligraphy.
Crochet Lessons for Left-Handers
- Instructions, with helpful diagrams.
- Long list of left-handed actors, artists, authors, musicians, athletes, politicians, U.S. presidents, and historical figures.
The First Left-Handed Piano
- About pianist Christopher Seed, who has built and plays a piano with the keyboard in reverse so that he can play the melody with the left hand.
- Australian company that makes only left hand guitars of models not available in left hand option by original manufacturers. Model photos and descriptions, where to buy, and other details.
Gauche! Left-Handers in Society
- A resource guide and forum. Left-handers speak to parents, teachers, employers, physicians, and others.
Handedness Research Institute
- Advances the scientific understanding of handedness (left-handed, right-handed and mixed manual preferences) and helps alleviate the social and educational discrimination of left-handers worldwide through research and education.
The Language of the Left
- Derogatory meanings associated with the words for "left" in several world languages.
Laterality: Asymmetries of Body, Brain and Cognition
- Scientific journal publishing research on the psychological, behavioural and neurological aspects of lateralisation, including handedness. Online tables of contents, abstracts, instructions to authors, and other information.
The Left Hand Path
- Speculations on how left-handedness came to be associated with satanism in western mythology.
Left Handed Portal
- A unique portal for left-handers, parents of left-handed kids and right-handers who want to know more about southpaws.
Left Handers Day
- Left Handers Day is on 13 August. Information about handedness, fun facts, games and quizzes.
Left Is Right
- Promotes a book described as a survival guide for living lefty in a right-handed world. Includes some information about handedness and famous lefties.
Left-Handed Writers Page
- Article about left-handed writing with fountain pens, including advice on nib selection. Photographs show different hand positions lefties write in, with special advice for each.
- A modern Islamic perspective on being left-handed.
The Lefthanded Liberation Front
- Site has webforum, merchandise for sale, humor, and other material.
The Lefthanded Universe
- Interesting facts and ideas about lefthandedness. [English, Dutch, German]
The LeftHandSide Collection
- Blogs, online exhibits, and links for talented left-handed artists and designers from around the world.
- List of Lefthanded Canadians. Also contains left-handed stores in Canada.
Neuroscience for Kids - Sidedness
- Educational website about laterality. Includes tests for handedness, footedness, eyedness, and earedness.
Primate Handedness and Brain Lateralization Research
- At Indiana University (M.K. Holder, Ph.D.). You can participate in the study by filling out an online questionnaire. Site also has links to information (both serious and fun) of interest to left-handers.
Right Hand, Left Hand
- Website for Chris McManus' book on handedness. Includes articles and online psychological quizzes.
Scientific American: Ask the Experts: Biology
- M.K. Holder answers the questions: "Do scientists understand why there are so many more right-handers than left-handers? Do other primates show a similar tendency to favor one hand over the other?"
Trends in Japan: Rise Up, Ye Southpaws
- Article discusses the increased acceptance of lefthandedness in Japan.
Why Left-handers Still Feel Left Out
- Guardian article describes researcher's finding that left-handed people have been abused and neglected throughout history.
Is There a Link Between Left-Handedness and Homosexuality?
- Discusses a recent study showing that left-handedness and homosexuality may be linked. (July 24, 2001)
The Sinister Hand
- Script of an Australian Broadcasting Corporation news feature on lefthandedness, particularly the biological origins of handedness. (April 30, 1998)
Creation of the Sinister: Biological Contributions to Left-handedness
- Critique of the Geschwind-Behan-Galaburda (GBG) Theory of Left-Handedness and other theories that associate lefthandedness with developmental disorders. Published in the Harvard undergraduate neuroscience journal, Brain. (January 01, 1995)
Usenet alt.lefthanders -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: July 9, 2014 at 6:35:10 UTC -