become an editor
the entire directory
only in Organizations/Welfare
Society: Issues: Economic: Privatization: Welfare
Society: Issues: Poverty: Welfare
Californians for Justice
- A statewide grassroots organization working to empower communities that have been pushed to the margins of the political process in California.
Community Voices Heard
- Community Voices Heard (CVH) is an organization of low-income people, predominantly women on welfare, working together to make improvements in our community, and advance the political, economic and social rights of low-income people on welfare and other low-wage workers.
Direct Action Welfare Group
- A grassroots group of current and former public assistance recipients in West Virginia who work on welfare and poverty issues.
- A membership organization which promotes economic justice and works to influence public policy and to educate, empower, and mobilize the citizens of Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.
Make The Road By Walking
- Make the Road by Walking is a not-for-profit, membership-led organization based in Bushwick, Brooklyn. Our members are primarily low-income Latino and African-American residents of Bushwick and surrounding neighborhoods. Make the Road by Walking fights for justice and opportunity through community organizing on issues of concern to our multi-generational membership.
Philadelphia Unemployment Project
- The Philadelphia Unemployment Project is a membership organization of low-wage workers and the unemployed. PUP has fought for jobs and for economic justice since 1975. We are also an unemployed workers center that helps people win unemployment cases, save their houses, and get access to health care.
- Milwaukee group works to create a voice for mothers in poverty through organization and media.
Wider Opportunities for Women (WOW)
- Works in Washington, DC and across the US to achieve economic independence and equality of opportunity for women and girls. Supports technical assistance, training, and other programs. Event information, links to affiliated resource sites, publications, and ways to support the organization are provided.
Wisconsin 9 to 5
- A national grassroots membership organization that strengthens women's ability to work for economic justice.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 23, 2014 at 17:24:05 UTC -