become an editor
the entire directory
only in Nonprofit_Resources/Research_on_Nonprofits
Research on Nonprofits
Open Directory - Society: Organizations: Nonprofit Resources: Research on Nonprofits
American Institute of Philanthropy
- A nonprofit charity watchdog organization that helps donors make informed giving decisions.
Better Business Bureau - For Charities and Donors
- Provides information, reports, reviews, ratings and accreditation of charities and nonprofit organizations in the United States. From the Better Business Bureau's Charity Information Center.
The Bridgespan Group
- The Bridgespan Group is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that helps nonprofit and philanthropic leaders in the hard work of developing strategies and building organizations that inspire and accelerate social change.
Capital Research Center (CRC)
- Studies issues in philanthropy, with a focus on non-profit advocacy groups, their funding sources, their agendas, and their impact on public policy.
Centre of Philanthropy and Nonprofit Studies at QUT
- CPNS has objectives in each of Teaching and Learning, Research, Technology and Community Service. The CPNS site has a wealth of information relevant to philanthropy and nonprofit studies and includes hundreds of useful links to resources world-wide.
Charity Commission for England and Wales
- Regulates the administration and affairs of registered UK charities. Site gives detailed advice and policies on charitable activities, with a searchable database of UK charities.
- Guide to help donors make intelligent charitable giving decisions. Offers financial ratings of thousands of American nonprofit organizations and charities.
- Free service with information on the programs and finances of more than 600,000 American charities and nonprofit organizations, up-to-date news stories on philanthropy, and resources for donors and volunteers.
IRS - Charities & Non-Profits
- Provides tax forms and requirements for non-profit organizations. Includes status checks, resources, education, workshops and seminars.
The Johns Hopkins Center for Civil Society Studies
- Studies not-for-profit, philanthropic, or “civil society” organizations in the United States
OpenSecrets - Organization Profiles
- Provides financial information on U.S. non-profit organizations involved in lobbying and political contributions.
ProPublica - Nonprofit Explorer
- In April 2013, the IRS released structured data culled from the tax returns of almost 616,000 tax-exempt organizations. Use this database to find organizations and see executive compensation, revenue, expenses, and 990 tax filings going back as far as 2001.
Stanford Center for Philanthropy and Civil Society
- Academic center studying philanthropic institutions and nonprofits
Stanford Social Innovation Review
- Magazine covering best strategies for nonprofits, foundations, and socially responsible businesses
Research on Nonprofits
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: January 3, 2014 at 17:53:47 UTC -