become an editor
the entire directory
only in Bombers/B-29_Superfortress
39th Bomb Group (VH) (Guam 1945)
- Official site with unit and crew histories, individual veteran profiles, and mission summaries.
444th Bombardment Group Association
- Association and website dedicated to the WWII B-29 Superfortress unit the, 444th BG: 58th Bomb Wing, 20th Army Air Force, CBI / W. Field Tinian - One of the two original B-29 combat groups.
- Creative writing titled "Requiem for an Aircraft, Farewell to a Pilot", about flying in a Superfortress.
Federation of American Scientists
- Brief history, specifications, and photos.
The Last Flight of the B-29 Kee Bird
- On February 21, 1947 a U.S. Army Air Corps arctic-modified B-29 (known as an F-13) named the "Kee Bird" became lost, ran out of fuel and was forced to crash land. The story is told by the crew members.
March Air Field Museum
- Photos, specifications, and history.
- Photo, history, and statistics.
- Article titled "B-29 Superfortress Saved From a Desert Death". An army of museum volunteers rescues a World War II B-29 Superfortress from the desert for restoration. (November 01, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: March 5, 2007 at 8:46:08 UTC -