become an editor
the entire directory
only in Lifestyle_Choices/Voluntary_Simplicity
Open Directory - Society: Lifestyle Choices: Voluntary Simplicity
Home: Homemaking: Frugality
Home: Rural Living
Home: Rural Living: Homesteading
Science: Agriculture: Sustainable Agriculture
Shopping: Niche: Green Living
Society: Issues: Environment: Consumerism
Society: Work: Rethinking Work
- Offers resources and reflections on hermits, eremiticism, and solitude, which is a form of voluntary simplicity. Includes articles on historical and living hermits, news, book reviews, and philosophical essays on solitude.
A Family Living in Voluntary Simplicity
- A family which strives to maintain a life of voluntary simplicity through homeschooling, organic farming, music, yoga and ecology.
A Real Hermit
- A photographic story about a hermit that lives in the woods of Ohio, describing his lifestyle in a tiny cabin.
A Real Life
- The magazine offers unique, practical, upbeat inspiration to create a simpler, healthier, more balanced and fulfilling life in an earthy and intimate ad-free format.
Affluenza: PBS Program on the Epidemic of Overconsumption
- The online companion to the PBS program on the high social and environmental costs of overconsumption and materialism, helps to recognize and treat affluenza as well as educate the public.
- Family whose values include getting rid of stuff to simplify their lives and live their dreams. Describes their eccentric traveling lifestyle and unschooling with photos.
Better Times Webzine
- An e-zine of sustainable, simple, and frugal living, published by the Oscar Romero Catholic Worker House.
Center For a New America Dream
- Non-profit movement of anti-consumerism - simplifying lifestyles by reducing waste and only buying what is needed in order to be happier and preserve the earth.
Choosing Voluntary Simplicity
- An illustrated guide to simple living and self-reliance.
Families for Natural Living
- A 501(c)(3) Non Profit educational organization that provides resources, information and support for families who want to make informed natural living decisions for themselves.
Hitch Hike Mike: Mike Gitelman
- A Canadian hitchhiker and traveller, with his autobiographical writings on his voluntary homelessness, and a description of his simple life in a tree house.
- An E-book that sets out specific suggestions for simplifying possessions, home, daily routines, personal goals, and use of resources.
Live Simply With Style
- Authors Mary Helen and Shuford Smith offer retirement, travel, and photography tips for a simple lifestyle.
Living Lightly on the Earth
- This site is based on an assumption that every human being has a right to an equal share of physical space on this planet, purely by virtue of being human.
Natural Life Magazine
- News and articles about sustainable living, health, family, livelihood, and mostly voluntary simplicity, since 1976.
New Liberty Village
- A community and network of websites with articles on self-sufficiency, voluntary simplicity, and spirituality. A movement of ideas and freedom which is providing an online school of right living.
Northwest Earth Institute
- Discussion courses on sustainability, deep ecology, living in place, and the practice of simplicity for groups and individuals in the Northwest and across the United States.
Path to Freedom - One Step at A Time
- Strives to inspire individuals to "think globally, act locally" by motivating them to live a simpler and more fulfilling life.
- Internet natural living community. Share health, home, and beauty tips, men's health, and crafts.
- An online magazine devoted to simplifying life and making it more meaningful for busy people, based on the print magazine.
- Sarah Breathnach's official website for her series, 'Simple Abundance'. Simple appreciation of every day life and beautiful things.
Simple Living Network
- Sponsors a huge range of simple living resources as well as communities and books. A one-stop place for most subjects involving simplifying your own life.
Simple Living Resource Guide
- Resource guide for people interested in voluntary simplicity, simple living, and downsizing, maintained by the Pierce Simplicity Study.
- A non-profit organization in central Ohio, educating people to live responsibly and sustainably in a joyful relationship with the earth and one another.
Slow Down Now
- Humorous short stories ranging from true to the wildly absurd. The author takes an anti-workaholism stance: Slow Lifestyle Manifesto.
The Center for Whole Communities
- Beautiful learning center dedicated to nurturing the relationship between people and the land, a community gathering place, and a working family farm in Fayston, VT.
The Journal of Voluntary Simplicity
- Subscription information for the quarterly journal about simplifying our lives. Includes information on related books.
The Lilypad List: 7 Steps to the Simple Life
- About the book by Marian Van Eyk McCain. Online sales, information about the author and illustrator, and the author's other books.
The New Road Map Foundation
- Providing people with practical tools and innovative approaches for managing and mastering basic life challenges.
Thoughts on Voluntary Simplicity
- Explains the difference between voluntary simplicity and frugality; articles on topics such as building the simple life.
- Project started by Woody Harrelson and Laura Louie to encourage citizens to protest pollution of the air, soil, and water through everyday choices and behaviors. Includes information about their bike and bus tour, recipes, a guide to farms, and a forum.
Voluntary Simplicity Overview
- Essay on voluntary simplicity and why it is gaining acceptance, as well of some of the movement's roots in the 70's.
Voluntary Simplicity Study Circles by Janet Luhrs
- Article from In Context on Janet Luhrs' study circles in sustainable agriculture and voluntary simplicity.
Welcome to Raven Talk
- Raventalk is a portal for exploring how to create a sustainable planet future. Provides connections to people, activists and ideas which are working towards a healthy and sustainable planet for all living beings
Welcome to Voluntary Simplicity
- A weblog about voluntary simplicity guided by permaculture principles.
Wilderdom: A Project in Natural Living & Transformation
- Wilderdom refers to "natural living". They seek to explore human-nature relations and to derive sustainable solutions to modern-living. Wilderdom is also a sustainable living center in Australia.
Work, Money, Time, Future - Arbeit, Geld, Zeit, Zukunft
- Thoughts on work, money, time and future with questions that make us reconsider what we are doing to impact our lives and the future.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Monday, July 26, 2010 8:54:09 AM EDT -