become an editor
the entire directory
only in Lifestyle_Choices/Car-Free
Bicycle Commuting and Advocacy
Business: Transportation and Logistics: Car Sharing
Home: Consumer Information: Automobiles
Society: Issues: Transportation
- Portal advocating car-free and car-light lifestyles. Letters and commentary, car cost calculator, hikes and event information, and related links provided.
- Directory of resources for the grassroots global carfree movement, including organization contact directory, magazine, conference information, discussion forum, publications, and links. A project of World Carfree Network.
- An e-mail discussion list which explores issues related to eliminating or reducing one's reliance on automotive transport.
A Carfree Neighborhood in Cambridge: North Point
- Detailed proposal for a Boston neighborhood without cars. Position papers, map of the proposed area, resources and articles, and links to other car-free areas provided.
- Companion site to the book Carfree Cities, Describes various solutions for transportation and urban planning in cities without automobiles, discussion forum and related links also provided. Also available in Greek, German, French, Italian, Russian, Dutch, Spanish, and Polish.
Coalition for Appropriate Transportation
- An educational charity working to improve mobility for everyone. Curbing use of the automobile fights suburban sprawl, obesity and increasingly high medical costs.
Dinosaurs Against Fossil Fuels
- Colourful community group who dresses up as dinosaurs and rides bicycles around Vancouver, B.C. to draw attention to the environmental problems with cars.
Paul Dorn's Bike Commuting Tips
- Information on bike commuting by a San Francisco cyclist and activist. Includes views, reviews, and How-To articles.
- Working for better bicycling, walking and public transit, and fewer cars. Looking for safer, calmer neighborhood streets and car-free parks.
Westside Transportation Alliance
- Non-profit organization providing information on commute and transportation alternatives in the Portland, Oregon metro area.
World Car Free Days Collaborative
- Non-profit to build consensus for change in the attitude and behavior of current car users.
World Carfree Network
- Organized by the Car Busters collective; a decentralised, structured network for local, regional, national and international organisations.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2012 at 20:35:03 UTC -