become an editor
the entire directory
only in Organizations/Legal_Aid
Open Directory - Society: Law: Organizations: Legal Aid
Public Interest Law Firms
The Alabama Law Foundation, Inc.
- A 501(c)(3) charitable, tax-exempt organization that issues grants annually to support provision of legal aid to the poor, the administration of justice, law related education for the public, and to help maintain public law libraries.
American Bar Association (ABA) Division for Legal Services
- Supports ABA efforts to promote equal access to justice, and the delivery of legal services to poor and moderate income persons. Directory of free legal service programs and legal aid standards.
Equal Justice Works
- Information on how law students and graduates can help overcome the obstacles that limit access to equal justice for millions of poor and disadvantaged Americans (formerly National Association for Public Interest Law).
Forma Pauperis Crisis Center Legal Aid
- FPCC seeks to advance legal aid for forma pauperis litigants and engage in public education at a national level.
Law Foundation of Ontario
- An organization created to advance legal knowledge and to facilitate public access to legal services benefiting the people of Ontario.
Legal Aid Agency of the United Kingdom
- The Legal Services Commission is an executive non-departmental public body created to develop and administer the Community Legal Service and the Criminal Defence Service in England and Wales.
Legal Aid University
- The online campus of the Legal Services Training Consortium of New England provides access to educational and professional development resources to support the work of the civil legal aid community in the United States.
Legal Services Agency - Pokapu Ratonga Ture (New Zealand)
- Government-funded Agency responsible for ensuring access to justice for all New Zealanders. Directory of legal aid providers.
Legal Services Corporation
- Official site of federal agency which funds and monitors free civil legal aid in the United States.
Management Information Exchange
- With a mission to spark excellence in leadership, management and fundraising in legal services programs serving low income clients, through training, consulting and publishing. Upcoming training, a journal, and subscriber-only library.
Michigan Poverty Law Program
- Resources for civil legal aid programs and other poverty law advocates in Michigan.
Minnesota Justice Foundation
- A non-profit organization dedicated to serving the legal needs of Minnesota's low-income and disadvantaged populations by connecting law student volunteers to public interest agencies throughout the state.
National Legal Aid
- Details of Legal Aid Commissions in Australia including funding, operational statistics, and links.
National Legal Aid & Defender Association
- Non-profit membership organization devoting its resources to advocating equal access to justice for all Americans.
Northwest Justice Project
- An online clearinghouse of legal self-help materials and tools that provide information about non criminal legal problems affecting low-income people in Washington state.
Pro Bono Institute
- Exploring and identifying new approaches to and resources for the provision of legal services to the poor, disadvantaged, and other individuals or groups unable to secure legal assistance to address critical problems.
Pro Bono Partnership
- Providing free business and transactional legal services to nonprofit organizations serving disadvantage people and communities in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
- Online network of lawyers serving the public interest and the legal needs of low-income individuals.
Sargent Shriver National Center on Poverty Law
- Identifying, developing, and supporting creative and collaborative approaches to help achieve social and economic justice for low-income people. News, recent cases, and subscriber-library.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: September 19, 2013 at 22:17:49 UTC -