become an editor
the entire directory
only in Organizations/Criminal_Defense
Open Directory - Society: Law: Organizations: Criminal Defense
Society: Law: Services: Lawyers and Law Firms: Criminal Defense
Society: Law: Services: Lawyers and Law Firms: Public Interest
National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Largest U.S. organization of defense attorneys. Generally advocates for legislation and court rules to protect defendants. Magazine, projects, issues, seminars, discussion of issues affecting criminal process.
Association Of Federal Defense Attorneys (AFDA)
- The only association devoted exclusively to the interests of federal criminal defense attorneys. Helps attorneys to effectively represent defendants in federal courts.
Association in Defense of the Wrongfully Convicted
- Devoted to preventing and rectifying wrongful convictions. Based in Toronto, and led by "Hurricane" Carter.
Colorado Criminal Defense Bar (CCDB)
- The only statewide organization devoted solely to the representation of persons accused of having committed crimes.
Fair Trial Initiative
- Confronts the crisis of incompetent trial counsel for indigent defendants facing the death penalty through grants and training programs.
Georgia Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (GACDL)
- State chapter of NACDL.
Massachusetts Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Organization information, attorney directory, and criminal defense resources.
Office of the Appellate Defender (OAD)
- Has provided appellate and post-conviction representation to indigent persons since 1988. Trains lawyers in appellate advocacy and client-centered representation. Based in New York City.
Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Ohio chapter of NACDL. Calendar of events, speakers bureau, information about magazine.
Peel Criminal Lawyers Association
- Ontario, Canada, organization of criminal law barristers and lawyers. Contains articles, laws, and information about the criminal process.
Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- State chapter of NACDL. Online newsletter and calendar of events. Half of site is for members only. However, still a substantial source of information for non-members.
Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- 2400-attorney organization. Links to legislation, issues, events, news, and links to other criminal defense organizations.
The Innocence Project
- A non-profit legal clinic which only handles cases where postconviction DNA testing of evidence can yield conclusive proof of innocence. Cases, news, related links, and details about the clinic.
Truth in Justice
- Works to overturn convictions of people who had no part in the crime, such as in cases of mistaken identity.
Wisconsin Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- State chapter of NACDL.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Sunday, February 12, 2012 2:25:37 PM EST -