become an editor
the entire directory
only in Civil_Liberties/American_Civil_Liberties_Union
American Civil Liberties Union
American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU)
- National organization advocating individual rights, by litigating, legislating, and educating the public on a broad array of issues affecting individual freedom in the United States. Position papers, updates on legislation, how to obtain legal advice.
New York Civil Liberties Union (NYCLU)
- Comprehensive resource for civil liberties issues. Detailed discussion of many major issues, resources, activities, and links to local chapters.
- Frequently asked questions, voting records of legislators, legal docket, complaint form, list of staff and local chapters.
ACLU of Missouri
- Local news, press releases, legislation, legal docket, how to get involved, file a legal complaint. Discussion of how the government is segregating protesters into "designated free speech zones."
ACLU of Colorado
- Local news, events, legislation, and newsletters, annual students' award, now to host a speaker, volunteer opportunities, links, and how to get legal help.
ACLU of Delaware (ACLU-DE)
- Positions on state bills under consideration and current litigation. Volunteer opportunities and discussion of passage of Gay Rights bill by Delaware House of Representatives.
ACLU of Florida
- List of local chapters, extensive discussion of issues, court cases organization is involved in, how to get legal help. A unique feature is the ability to send your opinions about the issues to the organization on their "Sound Off" page. Some information in Creole and Spanish.
ACLU of Georgia
- Includes links to issues, legal docket, newsletters, and important state bills. Also includes a discussion of how Georgia's fornication law was declared "a dead letter" by the state Supreme Court.
ACLU of Hawai'i
- News on home page, litigation report, how to file a complaint, legislative alert and volunteer opportunities.
ACLU of Illinois
- Events, links to chapters, publications, legal help, jobs available.
ACLU of Kansas
- Position papers, racial profiling complaint form, links to other legal help organizations, answers to frequently asked questions.
ACLU of Kentucky
- Mission, history, staff, and list of board of directors, links , current legal program, upcoming events, current issues.
ACLU of Louisiana
- News releases, volunteer opportunities, legislation and court cases, how to request legal help. New Orleans resolution to protect civil liberties.
ACLU of Maryland
- Legal and legislative issues, newsletters, press releases, list of staff, and volunteer opportunities. Weekly updates of activities keep this site among the more current.
ACLU of Michigan
- Press releases, online surveys, legal complaint form and guidelines, updates of active issues in state.
ACLU of Mississippi
- Lesbian and Gay rights highlight. Press releases. Position papers, and books worth reading.
ACLU of Montana
- Youth page, gay rights, voting rights and redistricting, newsletters, efforts to abolish the death penalty. Resources for students. Extensive set of useful links.
ACLU of Nebraska
- Upcoming events, frequently asked questions. Extensive discussion of local litigation and community education efforts.
ACLU of Nevada
- One newsletter, recent newspaper articles.
ACLU of New Jersey: ACLU-NJ
- Press releases, issue papers, how to get involved, guide to help they may offer, events, legal docket.
ACLU of New Mexico
- Press releases, publications, newsletters. Volunteer opportunities and internships. Court cases and legislative issues. How to file a complaint.
ACLU of North Carolina
- Editorials about legal rights of individuals including teenagers, tenants and minorities--among others. Volunteer opportunities, positions, updates. How to obtain legal assistance.
ACLU of Northern California (ACLU-NC)
- Publications, events, action alerts, links to local chapters, press releases, newsletters. Special focus on "Safe and Free" campaign.
ACLU of Ohio
- News releases, legal docket, local legislation affecting civil liberties.
ACLU of Oklahoma
- List of legislation affecting civil liberties. How to file a complaint. Humorous article about a 15 year-old student accused of witchcraft.
ACLU of Oregon
- Active legal docket, resources for teachers and students. Notable civil liberties quotes, volunteer opportunities. Positions on many issues.
ACLU of Pennsylvania (ACLUPA)
- Library of classics, position papers, rights cards (English and Spanish), description of PATRIOT act. Local events and links to chapters.
ACLU of Rhode Island
- News articles, court cases, legislative activities. Information on workplace privacy and your rights when dealing with the police.
ACLU of San Diego & Imperial Counties
- Major court successes, detailed discussion of cases organization is involved with, press releases, protester's rights.
ACLU of South Carolina (ACLU-SC)
- How to get legal help, upcoming meetings, TV ads. Information on "Safe and Free" campaign in South Carolina.
ACLU of Southern California
- Campaigns, newsletters, tools for activists, legal help, history of national organization.
ACLU of Tennessee
- Legal docket, state legislation, information on students' rights. Recent lawsuits, including fighting a ban on fortune telling.
ACLU of Texas
- How to get legal assistance, police accountability, cyber-liberties, banned books, events, newsletter, position papers, local chapters. Includes prison rights project.
ACLU of Utah
- Recent events, court and legislative activities, newsletters, positions on local issues. Newspaper articles, public events.
ACLU of Vermont
- Overview, how to get legal help, education on your rights, legislative contacts and issues of interest, national initiatives.
ACLU of Virginia
- Current issues, opinion pieces, press releases, publications, current lawsuits, essay contest, how to request help.
ACLU of Washington
- Multimedia ad campaign. (Requires Flash). Information on monthly cable TV program. Publications on restoring rights of felons, PATRIOT act, World Trade Organization, racial profiling, cyber-liberties, war on drugs.
ACLU of West Virginia
- Current events, press releases and newsletters, information on what types of cases they take.
ACLU of Wisconsin (ACLU/WI)
- Info on citizen's right to protest, civil marriages, how to protect privacy, links and referrals to places to go for help.
ACLU, National Capital Area
- Discussion of lawsuits they are involved in, and a background of the national organization. Interesting discussion of arrests of demonstrators in Washington, D.C. park.
American Civil Liberties Union of Connecticut (ACLU-CT)
- Legislative and court updates, mission, contact information, links to government sites.
Iowa Civil Liberties Union
- Press releases, local events, legislative updates, information on how to obtain legal assistance. [Requires Flash].
Maine Civil Liberties Union (MCLU)
- Current events and news. Maine legislation, guides to civil rights violations, newsletters, education/outreach, and prison project.
- Offers details on litigation and threats to rights.
New Hampshire Civil Liberties Union (NHCLU)
- Position papers, mission, summary of rights, wallet cards, newsletters. Summary of court actions, pending legislation, and current events.
- News about the ACLU collected from Internet sources. [RSS]
American Civil Liberties Union
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2016 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: December 30, 2014 at 15:49:01 UTC -