become an editor
the entire directory
only in Legal_Information/Juvenile_Law
Open Directory - Society: Law: Legal Information: Juvenile Law
Criminal Defense Lawyers
Society: Crime: Prisons: Juvenile
Society: Crime: Research: Juvenile Justice
Society: Issues: Crime and Justice: Juvenile Justice
American Bar Association's Juvenile Justice Center
- Information about juvenile justice issues and advocacy. Includes a special section devoted to the issue of capital punishment, as well as access to publications and juvenile justice-related links.
An Evolving Juvenile Court
- Articles reviewing the first 100 years of juvenile courts.
Coalition for Juvenile Justice
- A nonprofit organization made up of governor-appointed advisory groups, providing training and technical assistance related to the Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention Act.
Department of Justice: United States Attorneys Kids Page
- Information on the federal justice system.
Florida Department of Juvenile Justice
- Information on the state's juvenile justice system, including research and statistics, and program descriptions.
How to Manipulate Juvenile Prosecutors
- An explanation of juvenile court law and procedure in Utah. This is an updated version of an article published in the BYU Journal of Public Law.
Juvenile Justice Trainer's Association
- An organization devoted to developing and advancing a specialized system of education and training for juvenile justice professionals.
Koch Crime Institute
- A privately-funded research and policy organization which studies the criminal justice system and identifies the best ways to reduce and prevent crime, especially juvenile crime.
National Center for Juvenile Justice
- A research center providing information on juvenile and family justice systems, for use in improving such systems. Includes a fifty state comparison of juvenile justice systems.
National Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges
- NCJFCJ's site is aimed primarily at judges, but its information and resources on juvenile courts and family courts will interest a broader audience as well.
National Juvenile Defender Center
- Developed to build the capacity of the juvenile defense bar and to improve access to counsel and quality of representation for children in the justice system.
National Youth Gang Center
- Assists state and local jurisdictions in the collection, analysis, and exchange of information on gang-related demographics, legislation, literature, research, and promising program strategies.
Tennessee Council of Juvenile and Family Court Judges
- Training organization for Tennessee judicial officers and juvenile court staff, and data collection agency.
The Center on Juvenile and Criminal Justice
- A non-profit organization whose mission is to reduce society's reliance on the use of incarceration.
Youth Restorative Action Project
- YRAP is an Edmonton-based Youth Justice Committee sanctioned under section 18 of the Youth Criminal Justice Act. YRAP is completely youth run and mandated to work in Youth Court with youth who have caused criminal harm as a result of racism, intolerance, and significant social issues.
Delinquents or Criminals: Policy Options for Young Offenders
- An Urban Institute article examining changes in the juvenile justice system. (June 01, 1998)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Wednesday, March 3, 2010 12:18:29 AM EST -