become an editor
the entire directory
only in Intellectual_Property/Copyrights
Reference: Libraries: Library and Information Science: Intellectual Property
Society: Law: Legal Information: Computer and Technology Law: Internet: Linking Law
This category in other languages:
Intellectual Property Online
- An exhaustive list of annotated links to patent, trademark and copyright information from the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
American Bar Association
- Information on Intellectual Property laws. Includes articles on current legislation, tips, and upcoming programs.
- International convention for the protection of literary and artistic works.
Contracts, Copyright and Preemption in a Digital World
- Law journal article by I. Trotter Hardy focusing on copyrights.
Copyright and Art Issues
- Copyright and fair use in the realm of art and our cultural heritage.
Copyright and Related Rights
- Articles, guidelines, meeting schedules, resources, and press releases.
Copyright Association of Ireland
- Promotes informed debate and awareness of copyright issues in Ireland and around the world.
Copyright At MIT
- Information and resources including infringement notification. Features school policies, guidelines, and related links.
Copyright Information Center at Cornell University
- Information about copyright issues, obtaining permission and other key areas relating to copyright regulations.
Copyright Information Services
- Overview of laws, rights, and treaties regarding copyrights and intellectual properties. Includes information on registration, fair use, and applications in the recording and publishing industries.
The Copyright Website
- Endeavoring to provide real world, practical and relevant copyright information.
Fair Use in a Nutshell
- A 16-step roadmap to copyright's most important exception. By Lloyd J. Jassin, a New York-based publishing attorney.
GNU Project - Free Software Foundation (FSF)
- Organization supporting software authors who give up their copyright protections to allow the free distribution of software.
Illustrated Story of Copyright
- Detailing the history of copyright law.
Interview: Michael Landau on Copyright
- Professor Landau of the Georgia State University College of Law comments on the Supreme Court case of The New York Times v. Tasini.
Musicians' Intellectual Law and Resources Links
- Resources for copyright, trademark, royalty collection and other intellectual property topics.
Myths About Copyright Explained
- Answers to common myths about copyright from Brad Templeton, former publisher at ClariNet Communications Corp.,
National Initiative for a Networked Cultural Heritage
- Information sharing initiatives, including copyright town meetings.
National Legislation - UNESCO
- Directory of full-text copyright laws from around the world, in English, for review on line or free download.
Online Copyright Resource Kit
- From OCLC.
Primary Sources on Copyright (1450-1900)
- A digital archive of primary sources on copyright from the Universities of Cambridge and Bournemouth in the UK. Initially focuses on document from Renaissance Italy, France, German-speaking countries, Britain and the United States. Search and browse by date, location, language, and author.
Public Domain Information Project
- Reference site to help the ordinary person identify music and songs in the public domain.
Publishing Law Center
- Legal information for the publishing community.
- Australian copyright information
- Information on copyright for songwriters, from Robert Carter, a Texas lawyer.
Standford University Libraries: Copyright and Fair Use
- Overview of rights and permissions for websites, academics and educational applications. Includes frequently asked questions, registration, enforcement, public domains, and research.
Stanford Copyright & Fair Use
- Information and study aids concerning copyright law.
United States Copyright Office
- Provides and an overview of copyright law, federal laws, regulations and other US government publications. Also provides information about registering a copyrighted document, as well as a searchable database of documents filed with the office.
What is Copyright Protection?
- Information about copyrights in general, and as applied to the internet.
- Annotated copyright policies of selected colleges and universities.
Purpose of Copyright
- An essay on the state of copyright protections. (February 01, 2000)
Basic Copyright Concepts For Writers
- Article explaining basic copyright concepts with links, examples, and additional information. (September 01, 1997)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 11, 2014 at 15:05:06 UTC -