become an editor
the entire directory
only in Disabilities_Law/Special_Education
Lawyers and Law Firms
Society: Issues: Disabilities: Advocacy
Bazelon Center for Mental Health Law
- Legal and policy resources on the civil rights of people with mental disabilities, including health care, education, housing, federal benefits, insurance and employment.
Brain Injury Association USA Home Page
- Promotes awareness, understanding and prevention of brain injury through education, advocacy, research grants and community support services that lead toward reduced incidence and improved outcomes of children and adults with brain injuries.
Consortium for Appropriate Dispute Resolution in Special Education
- This organization provides technical assistance to both school districts and parents, and serves as an information clearinghouse on dispute resolution in special education.
Council for Exceptional Children
- Assists teachers, school administrators and related service providers to appropriately implement recent changes to the United States' primary special education law.
Disability Rights Advocates
- DRA is a national and international organization dedicated to protecting and advancing the civil rights of people with disabilities. Run by and for people with disabilities, DRA pursues its mission through research, education, and legal advocacy.
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) Amendments of 1997. This amended law forms the basis for special education in all fifty states.
Law Offices of Eric G. Ransleben
- Overview of special education law, from a Fort Worth attorney.
National Disability Rights Network
- Nationwide network of congressionally mandated, legally based disability rights agencies.
School Psychologist Files
- Special education and psychology resources for parents and professionals, by Erin N. King.
Statewide Parent Advocacy Network, Inc.
- SPAN is a non-profit educational and advocacy center for parents of children from birth to 21 years of age. This N.J. organization assists families of infants, toddlers, children and youth with and without disabilities.
- Information for parents, advocates, lawyers, and educators who need legal information regarding the education of children with disabilities, from Peter W. D. Wright, Esq.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 6, 2013 at 18:54:03 UTC -