become an editor
the entire directory
only in Defamation/Specific_Cases
David John Cadwell Irving v. Penguin Books Ltd. & Deborah E. Lipstadt
- British historian David Irving brought a case against Jewish activist Deborah Lipstadt and her British publisher, Penguin, claiming that her work, 'Denying the Holocaust', libeled him.
John Peter Zenger Trial
- Zenger, printer of the New York Weekly Journal, was brought to trial and charged with seditious libel against New York Colonial Governor William Cosby.
- Complaint about the unauthorized use of pictures from a matchmaking website in a broadcast news expose on immigration scams.
New York Times Co. v. Sullivan
- Respondent, an elected official in Montgomery, Alabama, brought suit in a state court alleging that he had been libeled by an advertisement in corporate petitioner's newspaper, the text of which appeared over the names of the four individual petitioners.
Reynolds v. Times Newspapers Limited and Others
- Mr. Reynolds, former Taoiseach of Ireland, sued Times Newspapers Ltd. for the contents of an article they published about him sub-headed 'Why a fib too far proved fatal for the political career of Ireland's peacemaker and Mr. Fixit'.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2014 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 20, 2014 at 9:54:03 UTC -