become an editor
the entire directory
only in Defamation/Internet
Open Directory - Society: Law: Legal Information: Defamation: Internet
Society: Law: Legal Information: Computer and Technology Law: Internet
Citizen Media Law Project
- Aims to provide education, guidance and case studies relating to free speech, defamation and other related topics.
Defamation in Canadian Cyberspace
- Covers defenses against charges of defamation, 'cyberlibel', and the question of liability -- all in the context of Canadian law.
Yahoo Groups: Cyberlibel-and-E-mail
- Archive and joining information for an e-mail discussion list for persons concerned with libel on the Internet.
Roger Clarke's 'Defamation on the Web'
- Comprehensive analysis of whether the act of placing a document on a web-site constitutes publication in the jurisdictions into which the document is subsequently downloaded. (October 02, 2001)
- Brian Martin's paper claims that "The Net provides an effective means of responding to Net defamation and for publishing material that the mass media are afraid to touch". [First Monday magazine.] (February 25, 2000)
Should Audio-Visual Defamation on the Internet be Treated as Libel or Slander?
- Analysis by Zenas Zelotes of the University of Iowa College of Law. (June 01, 1999)
Wired 4.03: Libel Law - Let It Die
- Arguing that it might be better if libel laws were abolished. (March 01, 1996)
Libel and Defamation in the Information Age
- Eric Eden's article concludes with "The reality is that libel and defamation laws are enforceable in the virtual world just like they are in the real world". (April 01, 1995)
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 2013 Netscape
Visit our sister sites
Last update: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:15:03 AM EST -