become an editor
the entire directory
only in Nuclear/Proliferation
Warfare and Conflict
Center for Counterproliferation Research (NCPC)
- U.S. government center works towards improving the basic understanding of the security implications of proliferation. Provides mission statement, staff and publications.
Fourth Freedom Forum
- Provide information, publications and newsletters which explore options for the nonviolent resolution of international conflict. Topics include sanctions, incentives, nuclear nonproliferation and South Asia.
Institute for Energy and Environmental Research Homepage
- The Institute for Energy and Environmental Research (IEER) is dedicated to increasing public involvement in and control over environmental and nuclear proliferation problems through the democratization of science.
Institute For Science and International Security
- ISIS is a non-profit, non-partisan institution that focuses on stopping the spread of nuclear weapons and on bringing about greater transparency of nuclear activities worldwide. Site has publication library and satellite imagery gallery.
International Network of Engineers and Scientists Against Proliferation
- Network of scientists who are exploring ways to promote disarmament and non-proliferation. Site contains briefing papers, bulletins, and conference proceedings since 1993.
Legal Information Institute - Atomic Weapons and Special Nuclear Materials Information Rewards
- Legal information on the US Code which provides a reward for information concerning illegal introduction, manufacture, acquisition or export of nuclear material or atomic weapons.
- Christian Science Monitor special report on missing nuclear materials and the spectre of terrorists making/using a 'dirty' bomb.
- Documentary on the problems of safe guarding Russian nuclear materials. Frontline PBS.
Nonproliferation Policy Education Center
- NPEC is a nonprofit organization dedicated to educating the public about strategic weapons proliferation. This site contains information on nonproliferation related issues and the center's activities and programs.
- Official site of the non-profit Nonproliferation for Global Security Foundation. Includes daily updated news, academic papers, institutional information, members area, and educational materials.
NTI: Nuclear Threat Initiative
- Co-founded by Ted Turner and Sam Nunn. Working to reduce the risk of use and prevent the spread of weapons of mass destruction.
Nuclear Control Institute
- The NCI is an independent, non-partisan, and non-profit research and advocacy center specializing in problems of nuclear proliferation.
Nuclear Weapons Smuggling and the Environment
- Documents the growing black market, known to national security experts as the 'loose nukes' problem, that allows just about any one to buy uranium, plutonium, and other weapons grade material on the street.
Partnership For Global Security
- Develops new U.S.-Russian cooperative nuclear security initiatives, and ensures that existing programs are implemented. Provides information, activities, publications and news.
RAND - Controlling the Flow of Weapon Usable Fissile Materials
- Research brief discusses the problem and control of bomb making materials originating from civilian and military sources.
Russian Nuclear Non-Proliferation Site
- Nuclear safety and non-proliferation, problems of spent nuclear fuel, use of plutonium and radioactive wastes, news, publications, comments, press reviews, figures and cartoons.
The Wisconsin Project on Nuclear Arms Control
- A nonprofit, non-partisan organization that carries out research and public education designed to stop the spread of nuclear weapons, chemical/biological weapons and long-range missiles.
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: August 5, 2015 at 11:37:04 UTC -