become an editor
the entire directory
only in Weapons/Nuclear
Warfare and Conflict
Science: Environment: Environmental Health: Health Physics and Radiological Health
Science: Technology: Military Science: Ballistic Missile Defense
Society: Issues: Environment: Nuclear
Society: Issues: Peace
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Disarmament
Society: Issues: Warfare and Conflict: Weapons: Depleted Uranium
Society: Military: Weapons and Equipment: Missiles
This category in other languages:
The American Experience | Race for the Super Bomb
- Information and educational materials related to PBS film. Interactive features: enter the name of a town to see the damage zone if a nuclear weapon were detonated.
- Explore the complex history surrounding the invention of the atomic bomb, including a time line of nuclear history to today.
B61-11 Concerns and Background
- A report by the Los Alamos Study Group on the B61-11 nuclear gravity bomb, a modified weapon entering the arsenal in early 1997 and designed to burrow underground and destroy hardened targets (February 10, 1997).
Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists
- Reports on global security, arms control, military affairs, as well as nuclear issues. Back articles are available online.
Documentation and Diagrams of the Atomic Bomb
- Outlaw labs information on the atomic bomb. Includes history, descriptions and diagrams.
How Stuff Works: Nuclear Bombs
- Graphic animations show what gives nuclear bombs such immense power and what the long-term dangers are.
Los Alamos Study Group
- Information on US nuclear weapons laboratories, weapons testing, and environmental and economical concerns arising from production of weapons of mass destruction.
Low-Yield Earth-Penetrating Nuclear Weapons
- Federation of American Scientist report on US development of a new generation of precision low-yield nuclear weapons.
Mario's Cyberspace Station: Remember Hiroshima
- Information and numerous links related to nuclear bombs, nuclear tests, risks and secrets.
The Medical Implications of Nuclear War
- Symposium proceedings of the Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences in 1985. Discusses the human and environmental consequences in detail of nuclear war.
National Nuclear Security Administration
- Quasi-autonomous agency within DOE, established to oversee the nuclear weapons program and related activities.
- Short overview of the A-bomb and hydrogen bomb. Includes history of nuclear weapons and multimedia clips.
Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI)
- NTI, founded by Ted Turner and Sam Nunn, features daily news and in-depth resources/analysis on the threats from nuclear, biological and chemical weapons. Research library with country and issue briefs, and comprehensive nonproliferation databases.
Nuclear War Survival Skills
- Updated and expanded 1987 edition by Cresson H. Kearny with foreword by Dr.Edward Teller Original edition published September, 1979, by Oak Ridge National Laboratory.
The Nuclear Weapon Archive
- A guide to nuclear weapons. Links to nuclear test images. Provides current information, technical data, and informative write-ups.
- Computer model designed for analyzing the nuclear weapons problem. Allows assessment of effects and answers questions about nuclear war scenarios. Other information including news, photos and audio clips.
- Concerned with the safety of citizens along convoy routes, this group monitors and tracks the movement of vehicle convoys of British WMD's from Aldermaston in Berkshire to Coulport on the West coast of Scotland.
Pacific Northwest Center for Global Security
- Resources on the study of a full range of security issues, including not only traditional issues of non-proliferation, but also the impact of environmental, economic, energy, and health conditions on global security.
Penetrator N-bombs Threaten Third World
- Describes a new generation of penetrator N-bombs, like the B61-11, capable of destroying deeply-buried targets. Designed to counter the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction with a nuclear weapon for smaller targets.
The Race to Build the Atomic Bomb:
- Designed as a tool for teachers and students looking at the incredible feat required to develop the atomic bomb. Looks at the people involved, the science, and the other countries in the race.
Russian Nuclear Forces Project
- Provides Russian citizens and policy makers with information about nuclear weapons, arms control and disarmament based on open scientific analysis.
A Spy in America's Nuclear Treasury?
- Reporter Ron Gluckman provides an in-depth analysis of Wen Ho Lee, in a story that asks whether there really was a spook in Los Alamos or a mere victim of a racist witch hunt?
U.S. Presidents Predelegated Nuclear Weapons Release Authority
- Documents that during the most dangerous phases of the U.S.-Soviet confrontation during the early 1960s top military commanders had presidentially-authorized instructions providing advance authority to use nuclear weapons under specified emergency conditions.
Washington Post - Radiating Danger
- Interactive special report tracking the spread of nuclear weapons. Includes news, glossary, graphics and additional resources.
Usenet alt.war.nuclear -
" search on:
to edit this category.
Copyright © 1998-2015 AOL Inc.
Visit our sister sites
Last update: November 19, 2015 at 15:05:09 UTC -